Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 738 739 [740] 741 742 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1308214 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Terraria - 1.2 now out!
« Reply #11085 on: November 03, 2013, 12:48:42 pm »

I've got hallow on both sides and corruption to the right.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #11086 on: November 03, 2013, 12:53:07 pm »

After a number of worlds, I'm reasonably sure that it randomly picks a side to be Hallow and for the other to be Corruption/Crimson. Most of those were done prior to the 1.2 update however so there may have been some changes.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11087 on: November 03, 2013, 01:32:40 pm »

thanks for the info.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11088 on: November 04, 2013, 03:04:25 am »

Well, seems like you can't bring Plantera tot he surface anymore. Suddenly becomes stupidly fast above a certain level and I think it gets a damage buff.

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11089 on: November 04, 2013, 03:22:08 am »

Well, seems like you can't bring Plantera tot he surface anymore. Suddenly becomes stupidly fast above a certain level and I think it gets a damage buff.
That would be the enrage buff that Plantera gets above the surface
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11090 on: November 04, 2013, 09:51:33 am »

it was mentioned in the last patch, i think it was so people couldnt exploit taking it to the surface, or at least make it more challenging there...

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11091 on: November 04, 2013, 09:54:06 am »

i'd like to bring an old question regarding artificial biomes, i dont know if its still happens with 1.2 and above. is it possible to simulate the ocean biome now?, internet sources say that you have to be 250 from the  edges of the map, and unless you use server commands it seems you cannot change it, has this been changed with the last updates? or i have to make my sky island above the ocean?

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #11092 on: November 04, 2013, 10:46:11 am »

I think you need to still be within close proximity of the edge.

I think the main tactic for sea farming was to make a bunch of floating mini sea biomes to maximise spawns of stuff. Apparently Pumpkin Moon massively increases the spawn rate of things in the sea too, as the event enemies can't spawn.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11093 on: November 04, 2013, 04:52:10 pm »

it was mentioned in the last patch, i think it was so people couldnt exploit taking it to the surface, or at least make it more challenging there...

Riiiiiiight so instead of exploiting it by bringing it to the surface, you can exploit it by making a specific arena. One is simply massively time consuming. I don't find that to be a good idea.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #11094 on: November 04, 2013, 05:07:15 pm »

It's impossible to completely prevent exploiting of the bosses' AI weaknesses, it's an inherent part of what the game is. In fact, it's what lies at the heart of every boss fight ever - exploiting the AI "patterns" to win fights, whether it's finding pauses between barrages of alien spaceship missiles or building arenas to enhance your own mobility and hamper the boss'.

Some of the cheesier ways to win, however (winning by running away, in this case), deserve to at least be made harder to pull off. It's a freaking hardmode boss in this particular instance, not an easymode boss. Having arena preparation be time-consuming is, in my opinion, a great way to discourage that strategy, even if it's perfectly valid.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 05:10:09 pm by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11095 on: November 04, 2013, 05:16:21 pm »

It's all obfuscated and some of the classes don't decompile with what I used (It worked better in the first few versions of Terraria, but it's obfuscated better now, apparently, to the point that the decompiler fails on a bunch of the important classes now), but you could use bomb statues to make a ton of bombs, then bomb your way to hell on some small maps and kill the WoF on each, then look at the maps in TEdit to see if any of the stripes ever go off the map or hit the ocean - or ask on the official forums if anyone had them hit the oceans, etc. From looking in TEdit it's clear that it just makes stripes and that they're randomly positioned but I don't know if there are limits on them. I think the angle is fixed.

The decompiler I used is non-free anyhow, but it's an outdated version (as I had it when it was free, before it went commercial, and everyone who did was permitted to have a license to the last free version in perpetuity, but obviously the commercial version has been improved since then).

Also, when you destroy an altar, it can create a new spot of hollow/corruption/crimson somewhere (according to the wiki), which has implications for containment unless you gather any altar-spawned ore you want from another world that you aren't trying to protect parts of.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11096 on: November 07, 2013, 08:25:06 am »

Help, the Eye of the Golem, despite what it says in the wiki is giving me alot of trouble. I must have ran through this boss maybe 15 times or more by now, but I can't get the Eye, nor the Picksaw. They just refuse to drop.

On the upside, I got two Demonic Possessed Hatchets, two Godly Golem Fists, and five Styngers...
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 08:27:25 am by JoshuaFH »

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11097 on: November 07, 2013, 11:45:18 am »

I never got it either, but... you beat the last boss, why do you need it? Game over, man, game over!

Well, unless you count Halloween.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #11098 on: November 07, 2013, 11:55:21 am »

I got several Eyes after fighting the golem for a few times. :|
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11099 on: November 07, 2013, 03:31:17 pm »

It feels like each person has different drop rates for stuff. I never found any picksaws either, and got plenty of styngers/possessed hatchets. Not to mention how a few of us have had trouble finding hermes boots/clouds/mirrors/whatever.

Probably just the "desire sensor", though. If we want it, we'll never get it. :P
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."
Pages: 1 ... 738 739 [740] 741 742 ... 887