Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 685 686 [687] 688 689 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1309033 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.2 now out!
« Reply #10290 on: October 08, 2013, 10:14:21 am »

Wings negate fall damage, Sean.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10291 on: October 08, 2013, 10:37:44 am »

Wings = small flight

Wings + lightning boots = higher flight + faster speed and you get the full buildup of lightning boots when you land

Wings + lightning boots + that balloon bottle thing = highest flight + all of the above

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10292 on: October 08, 2013, 10:58:18 am »

Wings + lghtning boots + balloon bundle = I CAN JUMP INTO SPACE

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10293 on: October 08, 2013, 12:27:40 pm »

on the day 1 mediumcore hard mode server, skeletron prime just spawned out of nowhere.  I promptly logged out, no way am I anywhere near equiped enough to take it on.  a 21 damage magic staff is my highest damage weapon.

in other news, can't summon bosses in the server either, I accidenlty tried using a mechanical worm and nothing happened

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10294 on: October 08, 2013, 12:53:44 pm »

I currently don't have easy access to my underground Crimson. Do things that drop cursed flames spawn there, or is that a corruption only thing?
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10295 on: October 08, 2013, 12:55:05 pm »

Corruption only, crimson has ichor instead.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10296 on: October 08, 2013, 12:58:23 pm »

Well, time to make my corruption world hardmode. But, first I will set up my autofarmer there properly.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #10297 on: October 08, 2013, 01:09:48 pm »

Can someone send me the IP for the day 1 hardmode server?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10298 on: October 08, 2013, 01:15:06 pm »

Done. If anyone else wants the info let me or forsaken know (he's hosting the server, after all).

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #10299 on: October 08, 2013, 01:41:06 pm »

on the day 1 mediumcore hard mode server, skeletron prime just spawned out of nowhere.  I promptly logged out, no way am I anywhere near equiped enough to take it on.  a 21 damage magic staff is my highest damage weapon.

Oh yeah, the hardmode bosses can start spawning on their own, like the EoC now. !!Fun!!, right?

Anyways, in my current multiplayer world [just some 2-player coop fun with Scionox], we're ready to enter hardmode.

"Hey, let's mine hellstone!" "Okay." [20 minutes later] "Okay, let's head up." "How much hellstone do we have?" "Oh, just a tiny amount." *Makes 2 full sets of all molten equipment [except flamarang 'cause we only had one enchanted boomerang]

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10300 on: October 08, 2013, 02:31:20 pm »

Sooo forsaken, can I get access to your terraria server?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #10301 on: October 08, 2013, 03:01:21 pm »

Sooo forsaken, can I get access to your terraria server?
Which one?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10302 on: October 08, 2013, 03:23:33 pm »

Okay, so hardmode dungeon is not really fucking around.  One does not simply waltz into it with mere hallowed armor.  Also, turtle shell drops are unfriendly low.

Yeah, hardmode dungeon is actually seriously dangerous now.  You need top-tier equipment to be semi-safe in there.  I'm running around with full turtle armor, ankh shield and a bunch of warding/guarding accessories and demonic-modifier vampire knives, and I still have to watch myself so as not to get seriously hurt.

As far as turtle shell droprates, yeah, they're pretty low.  But then again, you only need three of them to complete the set of armor, which is all you can make out of them anyways.

i need to beat the goblin invasion to get the goblin tinkerer right?  i can make several goblin pendants. I know there is a cooldown period. is there any reason to farm this other than to get gold?
my eq consists of a gold sword, a spear (9 damage) and a total of 21 armor plus hermes boots and a fire resistance item. I have lots of heal potions, but not alot of other buffs. been selling for gold.

is this enough to take on the goblin invasion? If I can't beat it and die, does the invasion stay, so I can keep coming back and fighting it? i can always just dump my gold into my piggy bank? Im playing in easy mode.

how many hits with a gold sword does it take to kill a goblin?

Yes, you need to beat the invasion to allow for the tinkerer to show up.  Fire resist means nothing for the invasion.  Spear is okay, but if you can find or build a better spear-type then that would be much better.  Have you gone to the corruption/crimson yet?  If so, there are a couple items that can drop from the shadow orbs/demon hearts that can really help out (vilethorn from orbs, rotten fork from hearts).  Remember that having a matching set of armor provides specific bonuses.

With that much armor, you should be just fine.  The golden broadsword, however, will probably take a while before it takes down a goblin.  For the sake of your patience and sanity, if nothing else, I recommend upgrading to something with a little more sting to it.

There is no cooldown for using the invasion banners to summon the invasion, as soon as the message about the current invasion having been defeated appears, you can summon another one.  Naturally-occurring sieges, however, do have a minimum set amount of time between each attempt.  And yes, if you die the invasion will still be there.

And get used to stockpiling/using buff potions, they can really, really make the game a lot less painful at times.
Edit: I only now noticed that we've two consumable buff food items. A cooked marshmallow and mushroom soup.
Has anybody actually seen a marshmallow?  I still haven't encountered one, and neither have any of the people I've asked on the server or on IRC about it.
Merchant in a snow biome, apparently. The inventories on a few of the NPCs change depending on where they're housed, now.
I was going to say 'I did and I'm wondering why you can't' but then Frumple came in. Thanks Frumple :D
And yeah, biomes affect what the NPC sells [ocean/jungle]. No, a corrupted biome doesn't help. [and only now did I notice that my whole township is on a snow biome. Woo.]

A corrupted biome does, actually, play into effect in a couple situations . For example, the Steampunker will sell solution for whatever biome she's in, be it crimson, corruption, hallow or everything else (purity), and the painter has unique paintings for each place as well.  Only thing is, housing in a corrupted biome is considered unsuitable to live in...  There are some special calculations that are taken into place, including something for how "tolerable" the corruption level of a given house is, and with the way biomes are currently handled I think it should be possible to have housing that qualifies as both suitable housing, and as being at least partially in a corrupt biome.

And yeah, thanks Frumple.  I hadn't looked at the merchant's page for a while, so it didn't occur to me that he would also have biome-specific sales.

...And darn does a cooked marshmallow play to its name. 10 whole fun minutes by a burnt piece of...mallow on a stick, which requires an actual campfire. Just like mushroom soup, but without the anything else required but a fire.

That was a nice touch.

A nice touch is one thing, another is realizing just how potent something like that is.  Instead of having to pull together mushrooms and the oft-elusive (less so now because of rainstorms) goldfish, along with constructing a soup pot out of iron/lead bars and a bowl out of clay, you can just buy the buff for 1 silver (might take a while during very early game, but still faster/easier than hunting down the other materials) and a little time spent near a campfire.  The Well Fed buff is quite helpful early on (hell, I even used it when fighting the hardmode bosses first time around), especially with its long duration, and having that be as available as just having to purchase it from the merchant is great.  Especially, if, say, the rest of the world is uncharacteristically dangerous for someone around the tier of equipment they're at...

It's pretty safe if you keep 3 NPC's around the area to stop spawns (so far, at least).

It's safe until a blood moon, at which point the NPC spawn-reduction effect is ignored.  And there are certain biomes you do NOT want around your NPCs and stash during a blood moon...  Mushroom biome is one of them (at least during hardmode).

In other news, I'm now farming chlorophyte.  Yes, it does grow.  No, it does not need to be in an underground jungle environment.

I'm still working out the details of how it grows and how/how much light affects it, but at the moment it's clear that you can set up a patch of mud underground (doesn't have to be all that deep, either.  However, it won't grow above a certain elevation.  Working on specifics), and so long as you leave a few "seeds" of chlorophyte ore in there, you can keep up a near-infinite supply.

I'm actually going to test and see if it strictly needs mud or if it can grow into open space/other materials, but I do know that mud works.  And, hey, even just a mud-to-chlorophyte exchange is pretty sweet.

EDIT:  While I'm here, might as well mention that honey doesn't evaporate in the underworld, so you can use it as a "catcher" for hellevators so that wingless people don't go kablooey upon reaching the bottom

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10303 on: October 08, 2013, 03:25:35 pm »

The wizard died before I could talk to him. GRAH! *tableflip*

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10304 on: October 08, 2013, 03:27:26 pm »

Let us know how the Clorophyte farming goes. I'm quite curious too.
Pages: 1 ... 685 686 [687] 688 689 ... 887