Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ettin vs Glass  (Read 1451 times)

RTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Ettin vs Glass
« on: May 16, 2011, 09:30:19 am »

So I embarked on an area where the only ore is cobaltite, lucky me. Not as big a problem, as I love deserts. Quickly, I set up a series of traps with glass disks, and my first threat was not a goblin ambush, but an Ettin. Praying it wasn't trap avoid, I locked down and waited.

I didn't expect it would be dead after taking 210 attacks from my traps o.o

7x 10x glass disk traps. Poor guy only had 9 more to dodge/ barrel through.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 09:56:09 am by RTiger »

Number4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ettin vs Glass
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 12:35:26 pm »

I think glass is a kinda random weapon material, it might slice hard as steel one game, the other it rivals elven wooden swords. Wielded by kobolds. Which are very weak.
Thanks for the suggestion, but Number4 is correct: [...] it would be easier and more predictable to just be a racist.

Did somebody just rule 34 two veins of metal?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 12:36:10 pm »

I think glass is a kinda random weapon material, it might slice hard as steel one game, the other it rivals elven wooden swords. Wielded by kobolds. Which are very weak.

That was fixed sometime between 31.21 and 31.24.

Ettins are semimegabeasts. The only things that you need to worry about your traps not hitting are titans, FBs, and HFS. Also, no monster of any persuasion wears armor, so you were essentially hurling a naked two-headed man through a field of crushed glass. Except the "man" was giant-sized and the crushed glass was saw blades.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 12:39:00 pm by Urist Imiknorris »
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

caknuck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 12:52:21 pm »

Wasn't that a scene in Jackass 3D?
Quote from: Primary
*Kneels before Urist Dickpuncher*

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2011, 12:54:47 pm »

It does sound familiar. We might be thinking about the thing where they had to run through a hall of tasers and cattle prods.

Alastar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2011, 02:23:40 pm »

Glass has complete raws now, it's fragile but sharper than ordinary metals. As such, it bounces off armour and struggles against bone, but shreds exposed flesh very very well.
This makes glass disks quite practical - less maintenance-heavy than metal disks because victims tend to bleed out rather than being killed directly.

Number4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2011, 02:25:06 pm »

That was fixed sometime between 31.21 and 31.24.

Ettins are semimegabeasts. The only things that you need to worry about your traps not hitting are titans, FBs, and HFS. Also, no monster of any persuasion wears armor, so you were essentially hurling a naked two-headed man through a field of crushed glass. Except the "man" was giant-sized and the crushed glass was saw blades.

Oh, to the Glassmaker then!
Thanks for the suggestion, but Number4 is correct: [...] it would be easier and more predictable to just be a racist.

Did somebody just rule 34 two veins of metal?

MelloHero

• Bay Watcher
  • 無基督、我無也。
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2011, 10:57:00 pm »

It does sound familiar. We might be thinking about the thing where they had to run through a hall of tasers and cattle prods.

No, no, you're thinking of that one episode of Star Trek with Commander Worf's coming-of-age ceremony.
Even if you have dwarves decked out in cotton candy they will still have fun with clowns.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2011, 11:00:27 pm »

No, no, you're thinking of that one episode of Star Trek with Commander Worf's coming-of-age ceremony.
What?

I was referencing jackass 3d. They were all dressed up as prisoners and have to run through hanging tasers.

MelloHero

• Bay Watcher
  • 無基督、我無也。
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2011, 01:37:04 am »

What?

I was referencing jackass 3d. They were all dressed up as prisoners and have to run through hanging tasers.

And I was carrying the humor on with another TV/film reference. I may be only a dabbling comedian, however.
Even if you have dwarves decked out in cotton candy they will still have fun with clowns.

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • CARP, Canada's new helth care plan for the elderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2011, 01:42:49 am »

What?

And I was carrying the humor on with another TV/film reference. I may be only a dabbling comedian, however.

Punisher; War Zone, the unnecessarily (dwarvenly)  large open-topped churning glass-recycler with a rickety 'safety' fence.