Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: wiki does not suck anymore. please take a look before rendering opinions  (Read 1271 times)

ral

• Bay Watcher
  • Praying to arm_ok
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile

So.... I've noticed at least one person saying that the adventure mode stuff on the wiki sucks, probably because the last time they looked at it was 3+ months ago and they haven't noticed the massive updates to the thing starting about March 26th.

Before you tell any newbs that the wiki sucks and they shouldn't bother reading it, please take a look at the current state of (at least) the following two articles:

http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/DF2010:Adventure_mode_quick_start
http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/DF2010:Adventurer_mode

If you still think the articles suck, then ok, but you should at least base your opinion on what they look like now and not what they looked like last year or something. We're talking massive updates/rewrites with several times the info that was there before.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile

Weren't you the one who fixed those articles up? :P
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

vikingefar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i approve! i needed this bad when i started out long time ago. this will surely help newcomers! i salute!

ral

• Bay Watcher
  • Praying to arm_ok
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile

Weren't you the one who fixed those articles up? :P
It wasn't all me, but I did a lot of it... which is why I'm more insulted than anyone else.

Ale and Axes

• Bay Watcher
  • Chug - Swipe - Cheer
    • View Profile

Seems like there's too much information there. You only really need a couple of sentences for each article.

Fredd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It is a vast improvement. Explains it very well. Only mistake was not explaining Date/time key, but its not really needed, since only the date is shown, not the time.
Should you fail to comply, strict !!disciplinary actions!! will be taken. Also, we feel we should remind you that one of the "criminals" on your list is the chief medical dwarf. If he ends up too badly injured to do his job, you will be fired. Out of a magma cannon.
Sincerely,
The Administration