Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 124

Author Topic: Metal... GEAR?  (Read 130988 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: Metal... GEAR?
« Reply #1725 on: August 17, 2016, 06:57:35 pm »

This wouldn't be the only alt-universe Metal Gear game though, would it?
It isn't an alt-universe game. The characters are transported to an alternate universes, somehow, according to the page Furt linked. Yes, that's right. MSF recruits going to an alternate universe to battle zombies is now goddamn canon.

Fight of Metal Gears would have been a better addition to the series than this nonsense.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: August 17, 2016, 07:02:31 pm »

silly pachinkonami
you don't make games anymore
FTFY
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: August 17, 2016, 07:44:11 pm »

It isn't an alt-universe game. The characters are transported to an alternate universes, somehow, according to the page Furt linked. Yes, that's right. MSF recruits going to an alternate universe to battle zombies is now goddamn canon.

Fight of Metal Gears would have been a better addition to the series than this nonsense.

That started out really badly and then got progressively worse until it ended. Presumably by crawling faster and quiet.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: August 17, 2016, 08:34:04 pm »

Would have been better if it wasn't a blatant ripoff of that (probably intentionally) horrible HL2 fan fiction.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: August 17, 2016, 08:55:14 pm »

Would have been better if it wasn't a blatant ripoff of that (probably intentionally) horrible HL2 fan fiction.
It wasn't a ripoff. It was made by the same guy.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: August 17, 2016, 09:00:41 pm »

Yeah, check out the descriptions.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: August 17, 2016, 09:26:17 pm »

Fair enough, but I think less of him now that I know he just repeats the same joke over and over.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: August 17, 2016, 10:02:38 pm »

There's also a sequel

So in any case, MG:S seems to be the meme of the day. Reactions include mock suicide attempts by Big Boss, constant claims that "this isn't what The Boss died for", jokes about other new games being zombie-themed spinoffs, plenty of sharing the MGS3 salute, and perhaps mos of all tons of "press F to pay respects" jokes.

I don't think that the MGS fanbase is very happy with Konami right now.

Also, what exactly happened to Silent Hill? Browsing the Metal Gear subreddit I keep on seeing comparisons to it but the only thing I know about Silent Hill is the joke dog ending of the second game.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: August 17, 2016, 10:07:41 pm »

Silent Hills was being made by Kojima, but fuckonami canceled it.

As for SURVIVE, yeah, fuckonami, but I can still hope it's good. After all, it's not like MGS is new to utterly stupid premises, nonsense retcons, or zombies. If Platinum can make a true stupid Metal Gear plot, so can whoever's developing this.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: August 17, 2016, 10:10:21 pm »

There's also a sequel

So in any case, MG:S seems to be the meme of the day. Reactions include mock suicide attempts by Big Boss, constant claims that "this isn't what The Boss died for", jokes about other new games being zombie-themed spinoffs, plenty of sharing the MGS3 salute, and perhaps mos of all tons of "press F to pay respects" jokes.

I don't think that the MGS fanbase is very happy with Konami right now.

Also, what exactly happened to Silent Hill? Browsing the Metal Gear subreddit I keep on seeing comparisons to it but the only thing I know about Silent Hill is the joke dog ending of the second game.

Silent Hills was being made by Kojima, but fuckonami canceled it.

For extra context it was revealed via a super hype demo disguised as an indie game, and would have been made by a dream team of Kojima, Guillermo Del Toro, Norman Reedus, and Junji Ito.
It's FEF, not FEOF

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: August 17, 2016, 10:18:19 pm »

As for SURVIVE, yeah, fuckonami, but I can still hope it's good. After all, it's not like MGS is new to utterly stupid premises, nonsense retcons, or zombies. If Platinum can make a true stupid Metal Gear plot, so can whoever's developing this.
Revengance was still written by Kojima. And Platinum are top tier developers, exactly the kind you'd expect to go out of their way to preserve the feeling of something originally set up by someone else.

I assure you, whatever fuckbois Konami gets for this, if they don't just make a shitty in-house team, will not be so amazing.

The one and only Metal Gear game it's acceptable to make at this point is Revengance 2 put totally in Platinum's hands, but they've all but confirmed they will never let that happen.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: August 17, 2016, 10:22:04 pm »

Wasn't all that enamoired by Revengeance, but the again I don't particularly like the character of Raiden. Felt kinda of like a teenage fan boy's take on SUPERAWESOMECYBORGACTION. Particularly Doktor's "check out her tits, they're real" bit.

But yeah, Konami just putting the Metal Gear name on it so it sells.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: August 17, 2016, 10:33:17 pm »

So Survive has a different setting, a different plot, different characters, different tone, different look, different gameplay, ummm... same name I guess?

Wasn't all that enamoired by Revengeance, but the again I don't particularly like the character of Raiden. Felt kinda of like a teenage fan boy's take on SUPERAWESOMECYBORGACTION. Particularly Doktor's "check out her tits, they're real" bit.

But yeah, Konami just putting the Metal Gear name on it so it sells.
Revengeance wasn't exactly a MGS game, but then it felt kooky in a way that fit the series.  Hence the slightly modified series title.  I'm sure plenty of MGS fans didn't enjoy that game, but its hard to be mad at them for making it.  They even put in similar controls and stealth elements, albeit horribly out of place stealth elements.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: August 17, 2016, 10:34:21 pm »

But that's Raiden's thing, he's meant to be the vessel of stupid gamers who think killing people is cool to the extent that the aforementioned is his evil alter ego. Whereas the actual Raiden is a horribly traumatized person who really doesn't want to be involved with all this shit and deserves a normal boring life.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: August 18, 2016, 12:15:26 am »

I'm of the opinion that if it ain't created/directed by Kojima, it ain't MGS canon
Either way, I'm going to end up judging it as a zombie game using the fox engine, not as a MGS game.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 124