Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 124

Author Topic: Metal... GEAR?  (Read 131026 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: Metal... GEAR?
« Reply #1650 on: February 24, 2016, 07:12:32 pm »

Obviously though, any of the games is only as good as how much it features Ocelot.
Which is why 3 is the best and, surprisingly, 5 is the worst. :P

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: February 24, 2016, 07:20:02 pm »

Obviously though, any of the games is only as good as how much it features Ocelot.

Nah, 4 or 2 is the worst (prob'ly 4)
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: February 24, 2016, 07:22:40 pm »

dont talk about peace walker like that

Peacewalker is awesome though.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: February 24, 2016, 07:23:22 pm »

i know but it doesn't feature ocelot at all so i misinterpreted it as an insult to peace walker
Black lives matter.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: February 24, 2016, 07:25:53 pm »

Peace walker is baby MGS. It's fun and good but a bit (understandably) too simplistic.

Never really understood why they kept the infinite hold up stuff in MGSV, but ah well.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: February 24, 2016, 07:31:07 pm »

Also 2 is great, maybe better than 3.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: February 24, 2016, 07:37:38 pm »

Wash your mouth out with soap, you have such a dirty mouth >:(

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: February 24, 2016, 07:40:42 pm »

Seeing as how I have the HD collection, I think I'm going to just play through the Big Boss storyline in order.  Considering Solid Snake has to his name the oldest MGS game, the one with the most nonsensical plot, and the one with the longest cutscenes, I can probably pass.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: February 24, 2016, 07:43:26 pm »

Five probably has the most nonsensical plot, byraway.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: February 24, 2016, 07:45:37 pm »

i know but it doesn't feature ocelot at all so i misinterpreted it as an insult to peace walker

It was a backhanded insult at peacewalker. I still love the game, but in my eyes it is the weakest of the Solid series in gameplay, although very dense in storyline and very good plot dump writing, so it's definitely worth playing.

5 might not have awesome Ocelot action, but the intro and all the plot dump tapes ALMOST make up for the lack of gunplay. I am sorely disappointed that they refused to license real guns and Ocelot lost his Colt Single Action Army though.

Five probably has the most nonsensical plot, byraway.

That's mostly because it's unfinished

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: February 24, 2016, 07:46:18 pm »

Nice joke.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: February 24, 2016, 07:47:16 pm »

NES Metal Gear 1 is probably the worst, but I guess that doesn't really count. :P

Seriously though, that game is terrible. You're basically guaranteed to get spotted at least a few times... in the starting area. To even GET to Outer Heaven, you have to ride a confusing series of trucks. There isn't even Metal Gear at the end, just a computer. At least it's not Snake's Revenge.

Which reminds me: Snake's Revenge accidentally predicted the future. Er, past. Snake doesn't actually get revenge on anybody in the game; all the characters are new, Big Boss (er, [Venom Snake]) died in Outer Heaven, and Snake went the opposite direction he went in the real sequels; instead of being the broken wreck of a soldier he is in later games, Snake's Revenge's manual instructs you to write your name in as Snake's real name and says he's a combination of "Rambo, James Bond, John Wayne, and Lawrence of Arabia."

Rather, the person taking revenge is Big Boss, who comes back from the dead and transforms into a purple cyborg who breathes fire because he "WANTS REVENGE". The title just seems like a generic sequel title akin to "Son of Godzilla" or "Bride of Frankenstein", likely written by somebody who never played the game... until 14 years later, it's revealed Big Boss was the original Snake, and suddenly making the title make sense.
Seeing as how I have the HD collection, I think I'm going to just play through the Big Boss storyline in order.  Considering Solid Snake has to his name the oldest MGS game, the one with the most nonsensical plot, and the one with the longest cutscenes, I can probably pass.
Well, you do already have MGS2...
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: February 24, 2016, 07:54:04 pm »

This better not be about Raiden, because he's a great character and was before he was a cyberninja.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: February 24, 2016, 07:55:15 pm »

"WE'VE MANAGED TO AVOID DROWNING"
"Good job!"
Black lives matter.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: February 24, 2016, 08:08:28 pm »

This better not be about Raiden, because he's a great character and was before he was a cyberninja.

He's never been a great character. He's like a bloody spoiled teenager through most of the second game, even getting into arguments with his bird when he has slightly more important things to be doing.

After the cyborg stuff, he becomes more or less angsty teen.

His character is why I can't hear Quinton Flynn's voice without cringing :P

I did read a pretty good critical analysis of the second game at one point though... makes sense that he is the way he is.

Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 124