Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 124

Author Topic: Metal... GEAR?  (Read 131059 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: Metal... GEAR?
« Reply #1575 on: December 07, 2015, 06:09:55 pm »

What did you just say about Quiet's song?
Black lives matter.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: December 07, 2015, 06:10:21 pm »

It's pretty terrible
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: December 07, 2015, 06:12:51 pm »

[slowly holds up sniper rifle]
Nah, I'm just kidding. Think what you like. Even if you're wrong.
Black lives matter.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: December 07, 2015, 06:15:58 pm »

Ok maybe your right. Maybe the singer just performed it really badly.

Since what I seen was a overly sacrine and excessively slow song that is made to sound extra sad but in a very shallow and vapid way without the emotion or drive to pull it off.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: December 07, 2015, 06:17:04 pm »

you saw it wrong
Black lives matter.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: December 07, 2015, 06:19:20 pm »

Well it is no Snake Eater

Or... Sing a song.

Or Love Deterrence

Or Heaven's Divide

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: December 07, 2015, 06:20:14 pm »

It's pretty terrible

Okay sorry, no, that was off the cuff.
It's probably okayish, I couldn't really focus on the lyrics.

I just think it suggests a depth to the character which wasn't in the game unless you make massive assumptions and ignore incongruities.

Kojima added plenty of T&A to his games, often there were interesting deep characters who were also sexualized.  That's... Not actually bad?  Like, I totally count Solid Snake and even Ocelot there.  Fuck, *Volgin* is sexual if you're into that.  Kojima makes sexy games in a way that Team Ninja WISHES it could emulate.  He makes sexual characters, they make boobs.

What I don't like is that Quiet's story didn't make sense, like at all.  And that he denied she was oversexualized which is just ludicrous.  He coulda come up with a cool reason, he's one of the best storytellers when it comes to pulling crazy twists which make since if you look hard enough.  Here... Nope.

He said we would "regret our words".  But the game just didn't support that.  He should have owned up to it, it's *fine*.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: December 07, 2015, 06:22:42 pm »

Well, I remember seeing someone say something about that.
Kojima said everyone complaining about Quiet being over sexualized would regret their words, and he's kind of right. Everyone ignoring her character (what, I will admit, little there is) and just crying foul about her dumb outfit focused only on her looks and not what she did, which is what they complained about in the first place. So it makes sense, kind of. Maybe?
Black lives matter.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: December 07, 2015, 06:25:24 pm »

Well, I remember seeing someone say something about that.
Kojima said everyone complaining about Quiet being over sexualized would regret their words, and he's kind of right. Everyone ignoring her character (what, I will admit, little there is) and just crying foul about her dumb outfit focused only on her looks and not what she did, which is what they complained about in the first place. So it makes sense, kind of. Maybe?

No one regretted their words. Her design is horrible and her clear "Eye candy" status is there. He just thought "Ohh she has a character" justifies EVERYTHING that happened before then. Is she part cat? It doesn't help that what we do find out about her... contradicts everything before we find it out... but whatever.

Well contradict isn't a good term it isn't contradicted... It just makes her a worse character... then if they said nothing.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 06:29:06 pm by Neonivek »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: December 07, 2015, 06:41:02 pm »

Also,
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: December 07, 2015, 06:51:48 pm »

Because neither of them were burned horrifically all over their skin and in their lungs (which doesn't justify Quiet's outfit, but it makes sense if you disregard just enough logic and reason).
Black lives matter.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: December 07, 2015, 06:54:46 pm »

Because neither of them were burned horrifically all over their skin and in their lungs (which doesn't justify Quiet's outfit, but it makes sense if you disregard just enough logic and reason).

Don't forget that Quiet also suffered brain damage in that fire and they had to fix her neutral pathways with stem cells taken from a cat.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: December 07, 2015, 06:55:56 pm »

...uh, one of them was

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: December 07, 2015, 06:57:34 pm »

Oh, really? I never heard the cat part.
Putnam: Skull Face is the guy running the parasite show, of course he won't use them to infect himself. That would be silly. Also he wasn't burned in his lungs, IIRC, so he could still breathe and all that good stuff.
Black lives matter.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: December 07, 2015, 06:59:03 pm »

Oh, really? I never heard the cat part.
Putnam: Skull Face is the guy running the parasite show, of course he won't use them to infect himself. That would be silly. Also he wasn't burned in his lungs, IIRC, so he could still breathe and all that good stuff.

I made it up. Mostly because I noticed that my incredibly nonsense explanation... makes perfect sense.
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 124