Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 124

Author Topic: Metal... GEAR?  (Read 131093 times)

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
Re: Metal... GEAR?
« Reply #1545 on: October 24, 2015, 10:04:26 pm »

The implication I believe is she basically has no interest in learning any other method of communication...

Though my personal theory is that she cannot actually understand language itself and instead has an overdeveloped understanding of tone and intent.

And suddenly it all makes sense.  You haven't actually played through the game.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: October 24, 2015, 10:06:16 pm »

The implication I believe is she basically has no interest in learning any other method of communication...

Though my personal theory is that she cannot actually understand language itself and instead has an overdeveloped understanding of tone and intent.

One should make sure one has extensive knowledge of a subject before voicing one's grievances of that subject, Neon.
Black lives matter.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: October 24, 2015, 10:13:12 pm »

One should make sure one has extensive knowledge of a subject before voicing one's grievances of that subject, Neon.

Well, yes?  You wouldn't write a review before reading a book, because you'd have very little idea whether your criticisms are valid.  All you'd be able to comment on is what you've heard second hand, or guessed based upon your own biases.  Perpetuating an echo chamber is rarely a good thing, particularly when the original voice may well have been misinformed.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: October 24, 2015, 10:55:35 pm »

I've not played it, either. I kinda wanna, but...
Moneysaving.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: October 24, 2015, 11:08:58 pm »

Moneysaving.
I'm at a point where, after so many years with steam, $60 seems like a ludicrous price for a game.  That and the possibility of getting into the Overwatch beta making buying a new game right now sort of questionable.

That being said all the videos I've watched of Phantom Pain look really really clean.  I can't even explain it except that its a million little details.  Just the way the main character moves and interacts with everything looks so much better than most other third person games.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: October 24, 2015, 11:11:18 pm »

I'd say the major downside of TPP is every time you start a mission / leave in the helicopter, you have to wait thirty seconds before you can get off the helicopter / leave the AO, respectively.
Black lives matter.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: October 24, 2015, 11:14:18 pm »

I'd say the major downside of TPP is every time you start a mission / leave in the helicopter, you have to wait thirty seconds before you can get off the helicopter / leave the AO, respectively.

Helicopter upgrades decrease that massively.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: October 25, 2015, 12:25:08 am »

No, the transport times are the same, once you're on it. Which is what I was referring to. :P
Black lives matter.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: October 25, 2015, 12:46:21 am »

Moneysaving.
I'm at a point where, after so many years with steam, $60 seems like a ludicrous price for a game.  That and the possibility of getting into the Overwatch beta making buying a new game right now sort of questionable.

That being said all the videos I've watched of Phantom Pain look really really clean.  I can't even explain it except that its a million little details.  Just the way the main character moves and interacts with everything looks so much better than most other third person games.
I love it too, it's so smooth, everything looks so good, they have options for volumetric smoke clouds which are just... *phew*, is it getting hot in here?
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: October 26, 2015, 10:43:46 pm »

So I've went and tried out using an overloaded Enforcer...

Skills:
Weapons+++
Lethal Aim+

Loadout:
SVG-76
PB Shield
Macht 37
Plushy Snare
Cardboard Box (Best thing ever against people spamming stun grenades.  Not so great for smoke/sleep/lethal grenades.)

Speed: D, 19.5KG (Slow as baby crawling at that tasty looking bug across the room.)

My impression:
It forces me to play differently.  Better actually.  I ain't running ahead of the pack at the enemy like a noob... or running around looking for targets either.  I tend to hang back at range, especially since both my weapons are still pretty damn accurate at distance.  Also camping is great.  Extra ammo from Weapons+ allows me to last without fear of running out of ammo.  (Recently I could generally manage 1-3 deaths in a 6 minute bounty hunter match-up if I ain't camping/roaming around areas where I could easily get flanked.)

In a frontal fight, I'm tanky as hell and only go down to headshots, well aimed sustained fire at the feet or some stranger flanking me.  Get the drop on me from the back, I'm likely to survive.  The flank, not so much... or if I am looking a different direction from my character.

That Lethal+ makes all the difference on your bullet spread/recoil.  Basically, in a firefight, I'm more likely to land more bullets on the enemy before they can land as much on me.  The difference feels like night and day.  I'm never going back.  (The Shield++ ... I think its better to take Lethal+ instead.  [Reloading Macht is 2 seconds with shield on and without shield, the animation takes 3 seconds, you can still interrupt it at 2 seconds.])

Staying still/hiding is super effective in tall grass if you are not marked.  Even with a big arse shield on your back.  Other things could be hidden in there too...

The rule of stick in line-of-sight of allies holds true.  Death before capture.  Never surrender.  Pretty awesome when I went into a few sessions with allies sticking in line-of-sight and shooting balloons.

It can be a game changer when you get on the gun turret in the afghan fort map... while enemy are doing as they please with 2 walkers with hugely effective foot support from the rest of their team.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: November 15, 2015, 06:16:23 am »

Still play from time to time, though I almost never seem to get an fob support anymore, and when I do I fail to connect. I also seem to have much less GMP to spend than before somehow. Did things get more expensive? And what's with that orange dot next to my research?

At least kidnapping Africans never gets old.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: November 15, 2015, 06:33:13 am »

Well, yes?  You wouldn't write a review before reading a book, because you'd have very little idea whether your criticisms are valid.  All you'd be able to comment on is what you've heard second hand, or guessed based upon your own biases.  Perpetuating an echo chamber is rarely a good thing, particularly when the original voice may well have been misinformed.

My real mistake was giving the game credit.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: November 15, 2015, 06:36:37 am »

Well no, I haven't beat the game.... well at the time.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: November 15, 2015, 06:38:47 am »

Yes Damn grievances with my theory that is clearly from the perspective of someone who hasn't beaten the game.

Boo me!

Ohh wait you were just taking shots at me for no other reason then taking shots at me. Congratulations! You got the internet achievement!

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: November 15, 2015, 06:41:08 am »

No, I... I was just saying. It was rather pointless now that I think about it, but that was last month, so.
Also, three posts in a row...?
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 124