Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 124

Author Topic: Metal... GEAR?  (Read 131241 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Metal... GEAR?
« Reply #1320 on: September 28, 2015, 10:04:29 pm »

This game is surprisingly good about hitboxes...  Except for those fucking riot shields.  Shooting over them often fails when it ought to work.

I almost think I've shot people from behind and had the shield block it, but I was probably just confused by the riot armor.  I hate those soooo much.  As I told a friend, "It's like they WANT me to kill them!"

I'm sorry, but is there a simple explanation for how the "Intercept supplies: helmets" and such work?  I perform those missions whenever I remember to (priority: riot suits, helmets, shields), and the little icons appear and then... turn red?  But I'm so unclear on the actual effects.  Maybe some main-missions have hardcoded riot suits and armors (for example, the one where you have to extract two cargo crates near the mansion).
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: September 29, 2015, 12:29:21 am »

I've stopped caring about perpetually redoing the combat deployment missions.

Silenced Rail GunAnti-Tank Rifle(bolt action edition), if you hit certain points will critically wound them.  Otherwise, it takes 2 shots.  (Or I'm just usually murdering everyone with less then B rank combat rating.  The survivors are maybe high combat boasters.  I should remember to take note.)
Headshots?  I don't need no headshots, I got rail gun... or I guess when your squishy face is looking at me with surprise... that is a face shot.

Otherwise, there are other ways to deal with riot gears non-lethal.  Good ol CQC and/or dog stun.  They also go down from the stun shotgun in a few hits...  I typically use the silenced one though, so at least 3 hits?

Oh right, how the intercept supplies stuff works... I think they are supposed to last 3 missions and/or 3 side-ops or something along those lines.  It is really annoying when you can fire off 3 side-ops in 15 minutes, then wait +30 some minutes to remove 25% helmets or something like that again.

From my observation though:
Helmets, gas masks, body armor and flashlights, doing the combat deployment shaves off 20-50% of the chance for soldiers to wear those.  (Minus event/side-op related guys.)

Weapons though is far more noticeable, except event/side-op related guys.  I venture to guess that it isn't 100%, more like 80-99% reduction of the weapon type.

EDIT: Clarification
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 08:58:21 am by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: September 29, 2015, 01:44:50 am »

Oh my god, I just flawlessly completed a FOB mission, and is it getting hot in here or is it just me?
I mean, it was a pretty low level one because I've just unlocked this stuff, but wow, what a rush, and the compact nature of the map made it so that I actually had to exploit the enviroment around me, hiding behind pipes, cautiously waiting out dangerous situations, god that's amazing.
Edit: And another one, this time with head armour I couldn't pierce with my semi auto tranquiliser pistol, still, Decoys work just fine as knockout weapons.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 05:48:28 am by Execute/Dumbo.exe »
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: September 29, 2015, 07:36:03 am »

[Rolan snip]
I usually notice that whatever I'm removing usually goes away the next time I deploy after the mission completes. When I see it again and I know I've done a deployment against it recently, I just redeploy and repeat. I'm taking in so many combat soldiers all the time that I'm perpetually full and I barely stop Fultoning to even notice I've lost, say, a B-rank soldier.
You probably won't be missed, random greenshirt.
Silenced Rail Gun
How in the shit.
Black lives matter.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: September 29, 2015, 08:57:37 am »

Silenced Rail Gun
How in the shit.
Sorry, I may be using the wrong term, anti-tank rifle.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: September 29, 2015, 09:25:34 am »

I'm pretty sure Zangi is talking about the 6-Star Brennan LRS.
Edit: Also, about infected members, they've just started to pop up for me, and here's a guess for the signals about whether or not they're infected, I want you guys to tell me whether it is true or false.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 09:36:17 am by Execute/Dumbo.exe »
Alan help.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: September 29, 2015, 09:52:56 am »

Try that?
Black lives matter.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: September 29, 2015, 09:55:53 am »

Try that?
Alan help.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: September 29, 2015, 09:58:52 am »

Black lives matter.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: September 29, 2015, 10:18:17 am »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: September 29, 2015, 10:35:39 am »

Alan help.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: September 29, 2015, 04:35:45 pm »

Silenced Rail Gun
How in the shit.

Wouldn't a railgun be technically silenced already? The main sound from a gunshot is the powder exploding, which a railgun specifically lacks. There might be a sound from the railgun projectile breaking the sound barrier, but you'd be dead before you hear that(kinda the point).
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: September 29, 2015, 04:39:50 pm »

It's not actually a railgun, it's an anti-materiel sniper rifle.
Also... no? Aren't railguns just magnetically accelerated projectiles (AKA Gauss weapons)? They'd still have, maybe, the sound of the propulsion system actually activating.
Black lives matter.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: September 29, 2015, 05:22:19 pm »

Silenced Rail Gun
How in the shit.

Wouldn't a railgun be technically silenced already? The main sound from a gunshot is the powder exploding, which a railgun specifically lacks. There might be a sound from the railgun projectile breaking the sound barrier, but you'd be dead before you hear that(kinda the point).
For any gun that fires a supersonic projectile, that's the loudest thing about it.  Railguns, which break the sound barrier (or at least should, if they don't why not just use a normal gun?), would likely be at least as loud as a giant sniper rifle.  Whether the bullet or the sound arrives first is irrelevant, its not like they were going to dodge the bullet anyway.  (although hilariously enough I've seen someone dodge a machinegun via the light of its tracers in ARMA)

The only way to silence a railgun would be to fire subsonic projectiles, gaining greater force by increasing the mass of the projectile rather than the speed of the projectile.  This would get cartoonish quickly for an anti-tank weapon, and even if you somehow made the resulting weapon man-portable the projectiles would be too heavy for for a single person to carry.  Oh, and if you made a railgun firing super-heavy subsonic bullets, it would shoot in an arc.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 12:46:39 pm by EnigmaticHat »
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: September 29, 2015, 05:35:36 pm »

That sounds like a mortar, except using magnets to launch instead of an explosive charge.  I wonder if that's actually at all practically...  But I think the launcher would have to be too large to be man-portable.  It'd particularly need to be quite tall, and have a powerful power supply.

Maaaaybe truck-portable?  Or a dedicated artillery vehicle?  Kinda want to ask the xkcd guy about this sort of thing sometime.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 124