Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 124

Author Topic: Metal... GEAR?  (Read 131259 times)

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
Re: Metal... GEAR?
« Reply #1275 on: September 25, 2015, 11:30:12 pm »

Acid is noncanon though, and Portable Ops wasn't made by Kojima.  As far as I was able to tell really quickly.

Never heard of Ghost Babel  ???

Portable Ops was made by Kojima.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: September 25, 2015, 11:32:21 pm »

He was a producer, but it was directed by Masahiro Yamamoto.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: September 26, 2015, 01:29:09 am »

There is a wonderful LP of Ghost Babel by The Dark Id here, if anyone's interested. http://lparchive.org/Metal-Gear-Ghost-Babel/
Does anyone know how accurate his transcriptions of the dialogue are?  Because they sound like at least half, possibly all of the lines are made up but, this series being what it is, I'm not going to assume anything.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: September 26, 2015, 03:33:41 am »

I am starting to think Metal Gear functions SLIGHTLY on a "If you unlock the first person with that skill, others will start popping up"

As well... I think my Heroism score seems to affect everyone's rankings... Given that even when I play old missions I am still finding plenty of As.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: September 26, 2015, 04:56:35 am »

There is a wonderful LP of Ghost Babel by The Dark Id here, if anyone's interested. http://lparchive.org/Metal-Gear-Ghost-Babel/
Does anyone know how accurate his transcriptions of the dialogue are?  Because they sound like at least half, possibly all of the lines are made up but, this series being what it is, I'm not going to assume anything.
I think all the lines that are like this are made up.
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: September 26, 2015, 09:39:42 am »

I am starting to think Metal Gear functions SLIGHTLY on a "If you unlock the first person with that skill, others will start popping up"

As well... I think my Heroism score seems to affect everyone's rankings... Given that even when I play old missions I am still finding plenty of As.

Yeah heroism directly effects soldier stats it makes sense of listen to the tapes and the PMCs, and I think the skill thing is so you have better states versions of that skill so you can safely replace those characters.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: September 27, 2015, 02:35:09 pm »

Twin Snakes apparently gets a bad rap for whatever reason,
I honestly have no idea why. To me, it's actually better than the original. It's literally just MGS1 remade in the MGS2 engine with over-the-top cutscenes and gratuitous jet noises. What's not to like? The only thing I have a problem with is some wonky control issues as Metal Gear Solid is not meant to be played on a Gamecube controller.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: September 27, 2015, 03:07:18 pm »

Isn't
MGS1 remade in the MGS2 engine with over-the-top cutscenes and gratuitous jet noises.
just MGS2?
:P

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: September 27, 2015, 03:36:24 pm »

Given the plot of MGS2, that's not far off the mark.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: September 28, 2015, 02:04:14 am »

Is The Phantom Pain worth $60 or should I wait?  I've never played a true MGS game although I've watched some of them and played Rising (which is... well it shares the universe I guess).
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: September 28, 2015, 02:26:55 am »

ARGH, SO MANY GERBILS! I just want my goddamn snakes and tiny fuzzy animals, instead I get GERBILS OVER AND OVER! 99% completion, and all that's standing between me and the 100% is a bunch of goddamn rodents.
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: September 28, 2015, 05:10:25 am »

Is The Phantom Pain worth $60 or should I wait?  I've never played a true MGS game although I've watched some of them and played Rising (which is... well it shares the universe I guess).
It very much is.
People have said it gets a little stale after a certain point but it's totally worth the main story missions.
Black lives matter.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: September 28, 2015, 05:41:26 am »

It is totally worth it IMHO. And there's real multiplayer coming on top of it! In terms of minutes of entertainment per money unit, it does really well.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: September 28, 2015, 06:21:19 am »

Ok... Rocket Fist is absolutely ridiculous.

You would THINK such a weapon would be noisy or at least the projectile itself would be but NOPE!!! it is probably the greatest stealth weapon in the game because it is absolutely silent. The only part of it that makes a noise is if you ram it into an object or the ground (it doesn't make a sound if it hits a person either), yet even if you do ram it into the ground it makes an excellent distraction.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: September 28, 2015, 06:25:21 am »

It also has regenerating ammo, though the aiming is a bit picky with the keyboard.
Of course, there's the low stun time, but that's a fine tradeoff for a stun fist which you'll never use.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 124