Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 124

Author Topic: Metal... GEAR?  (Read 131275 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: Metal... GEAR?
« Reply #1245 on: September 24, 2015, 01:50:49 pm »

People can only get stolen if you're infiltrated / if someone successfully defends against you, I think.
Black lives matter.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: September 24, 2015, 02:00:29 pm »

only if you're infiltrated I think

not a problem for me, I spend full money on that shit

not a one

I managed to steal a nuke from a hacker/scripter too

like actually stole it

like they retaliated, all of my soldiers were permastunned, but they just went straight to succeeding the infiltration, which got them... 10 of my soldiers, most of whom were B and C and one of whom was A

HA JOKES ON THEM I GOT TO KEEP THE NUKE

and get rid of it

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: September 24, 2015, 02:24:39 pm »

Er I think you're thinking of... either Metal Gear Ray or the Gekkos. Metal Gear Rex was practically indestructible and arguably the best performing Metal Gear in the series :P

Very arguable, I guess it depends what it was supposed to do.

Peacewalker would get my vote.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It's FEF, not FEOF

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: September 24, 2015, 03:04:28 pm »

so fob invasions, which of my guys are at risk? who actually takes part in the defense?

i was under the impression that it was the security team, but i guess for the combat platform it just uses those guys?

is there any reason to direct contract a non-combat/security soldier?
Front Line Defense Risk: Security Team. 
They get shot lethally and/or fultoned.  (Survival from lethal weapons pretty much depends on medical.  My actual casualty rate is pretty low these days.)  I don't believe Direct Contract/Locked folks will join in on the defense.

Successful Infiltration:
What sort of people you lose depends on which platform type the invader successfully invades. 
For example: If they hit R&D and make it to the end, you will lose 10 R&D soldiers.  If they hit HQ and make it to the end, you will lose 10 soldiers randomly chosen from all departments.
Who gets chosen is very very random.  Direct Contract/Locked folks will not be captured.

Actual Casualties while using characters
You can lose non-snake folks under your control in invasion or defense if they are not under Direct Contract/Locked.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: September 24, 2015, 08:23:26 pm »

Sounds like it is a good idea to direct contract important RnD people.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: September 24, 2015, 09:17:40 pm »

I just got my first
and I'm suddenly feeling very nostalgic for MGS2...

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: September 24, 2015, 11:23:36 pm »

Some of the Metal Gears didn't make sense to me personally. Namely the Metal Gear Rex... Who didn't have nukes and weren't particularly strong, powerful, or easy to make.
You might be thinking of RAY, which was designed specifically to combat other Metal Gears. Although, that didn't work out too well when Snake piloting a Rex fought a RAY piloted by Ocelot and completely destroyed it. Don't ask why I'm arguing lore in a series where

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: September 25, 2015, 04:29:00 am »

Raising Quiet's relationship because wow OH wow is she a bit overzealous when it comes to defending me.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: September 25, 2015, 05:12:29 am »

She covers you from the start. If you trigger Reflex and don't tranq the person fast enough, they're dead. No question.
...unless they have a stupid helmet on.
Black lives matter.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: September 25, 2015, 05:26:41 am »

She covers you from the start. If you trigger Reflex and don't tranq the person fast enough, they're dead. No question.

I tend to martial art a lot and if you do a running tackle she will snipe them mid throw.

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: September 25, 2015, 02:39:19 pm »

I tend to martial art a lot and if you do a running tackle she will snipe them mid throw.

Yeah, save for helmets, I don't think it's possible to prevent Quiet's lethal shots if Reflex mode triggers and she's in range. In the beginning, I tranq'd a number of Reflex'd enemies, and they all got a bullet through their head before they even hit the ground.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: September 25, 2015, 02:47:35 pm »

Yeah, save for helmets, I don't think it's possible to prevent Quiet's lethal shots if Reflex mode triggers and she's in range. In the beginning, I tranq'd a number of Reflex'd enemies, and they all got a bullet through their head before they even hit the ground.
Expecting you to fail that reflex... or if you don't have reflex on for that paltry 5k score/challenge.

Its funny how she also shoots held up folks... or while I'm trying to interrogate while I have 'Cover Me' on.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: September 25, 2015, 02:53:15 pm »

Once I grabbed a guy and turned such that I was blocking her shot - the green laser was squarely on Snake's upper back.  Out of curiosity, I told her to fire...
It went about like this http://www.doctorshrugs.com/foxhound/comic.php?id=267
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: September 25, 2015, 03:01:15 pm »

So, coming from somebody whose total experience of actually playing Metal Gear comes from a few minutes of the NES one: how's Snake Eater as a starting point? I can't seem to get a Playstation emulator to work on this thing and I don't have the cash or want of other games to shell out for a PS2/3/4, so my only options are the Snake Eater 3DS rerelease or Twin Snakes for GameCube, which costs significantly more and would take up yet more space on my solitary memory card.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

azurelao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: September 25, 2015, 03:06:08 pm »

So, coming from somebody whose total experience of actually playing Metal Gear comes from a few minutes of the NES one: how's Snake Eater as a starting point? I can't seem to get a Playstation emulator to work on this thing and I don't have the cash or want of other games to shell out for a PS2/3/4, so my only options are the Snake Eater 3DS rerelease or Twin Snakes for GameCube, which costs significantly more and would take up yet more space on my solitary memory card.

If anything, you'd want to play them in release order, but Snake Eater isn't that bad of a starting point. Twin Snakes apparently gets a bad rap for whatever reason, but given that it covers the first MGS game you should play it eventually.
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 124