Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 124

Author Topic: Metal... GEAR?  (Read 131353 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Metal... GEAR?
« Reply #1140 on: September 21, 2015, 04:28:47 pm »

I'm doing better now, being a bit more patient.  Turns out the VIP can actually distract for a while before taking any damage.  So if I move after each shot, I can often approach the vehicles while they're distracted.

Still having a lot of trouble actually killing anything with the fully-upgraded GROM, though.  The rocky terrain and darkness (and eventual sandstorm) really don't help.  Basically just using the GROM to attract attention and clear infantry, particularly ones who just disembarked.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: September 21, 2015, 04:34:19 pm »

Red ones go faster, hit harder n take more hits.  Ork tech.
(I havn't played that 45 one yet.)
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: September 21, 2015, 04:35:46 pm »

I killed those final snipertanks by running from one end of the ruined building to the other, getting one shot of each timeand immediately running like hell before it could one-shot me. I tried using the small buildings/shacks on the left, but then they'd just be aiming at me and wait till I was close enough to the edge that the blast radius would still OHKO me.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

azurelao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: September 21, 2015, 11:29:44 pm »

I killed those final snipertanks by running from one end of the ruined building to the other, getting one shot of each timeand immediately running like hell before it could one-shot me. I tried using the small buildings/shacks on the left, but then they'd just be aiming at me and wait till I was close enough to the edge that the blast radius would still OHKO me.

Hide behind the shacks until you hear a loud whistle. That means they've shot their main gun and that you have a minute or two to blast them with rockets before they reload. Once they've stopped firing their machine guns, it's time to get back into cover.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: September 21, 2015, 11:38:09 pm »

The vision in this game is seriously weird.

Sometimes the enemies are absolutely blind and couldn't find you if their lives depended on it (and it often does). Yet sometimes it is like they have a mixture of clairvoyance and X-ray vision.

Mind you I know that often they don't see you. They are just shooting at nothing to coax you out.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: September 22, 2015, 03:04:38 am »

Hide behind the shacks until you hear a loud whistle. That means they've shot their main gun and that you have a minute or two to blast them with rockets before they reload. Once they've stopped firing their machine guns, it's time to get back into cover.
It was waiting to shoot till I came out. Wasn't even shooting Quiet (well, that one wasn't, his buddy was still shooting her). It had me pretty much zeroed in and pinned. Couldn't do squat.

It also once one-shotted the support heli, with its main cannon, coming in from it's side. Just, heli comes flying in, tank aims, chopper has hardly arrived at the battlescene, snipertank shoots and kills it. Just like that.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Stuebi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: September 22, 2015, 04:13:57 am »

So I finished the main story yesterday evening. Completion says I'm at around 80%. Have to complete a couple Side Ops and I guess get S ranks for full completion.

Here are my thoughts on the game (Spoilers, naturally):

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
English isnt my mother language, so feel free to correct me if I make a mistake in my post.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: September 22, 2015, 04:59:29 am »

So I used the D-walker and my first impression was "Why is this thing better then the horse again?"

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: September 22, 2015, 05:04:18 am »

Because D-horse doesn't have a gun.
Just take out your main weapon and hold the Ready button constantly. He still controls weird, but the view is locked onto him instead of around him like a different vehicle and he's kinda easier to control.
Black lives matter.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: September 22, 2015, 05:06:02 am »

Just take out your main weapon and hold the Ready button constantly. He still controls weird, but the view is locked onto him instead of around him like a different vehicle and he's kinda easier to control.

But... D-Horse doesn't need a gun... I have a gun, and enough ammo to take down pretty much any base available to me.

If D-Walker was as fast or comparable to the horse I'd switch to him immediately.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: September 22, 2015, 05:10:40 am »

He has a minigun.
Or dual knockout pistols, both silenced, incredibly tough, very fast reload, with armour that defends you against frontside attacks well, you can get upgraded versions of said pistols, too, not to mention a non lethal electric shotgun and a couple of very special unlock-able weapons, you can get an upgrade that lets him scout the area and automatically mark as many people as he can, rocket launcher, flamethrower, oh my.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: September 22, 2015, 05:21:37 am »

And D-Walker can be dropped in if you'd rather not wait for a supply drop.
You don't need cover with D-Walker, he IS the cover.
Black lives matter.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: September 22, 2015, 05:31:24 am »

It was waiting to shoot till I came out. Wasn't even shooting Quiet (well, that one wasn't, his buddy was still shooting her). It had me pretty much zeroed in and pinned. Couldn't do squat.

It also once one-shotted the support heli, with its main cannon, coming in from it's side. Just, heli comes flying in, tank aims, chopper has hardly arrived at the battlescene, snipertank shoots and kills it. Just like that.

Yeah, and the damn things track crazy fast and accurately.  And make full use of squadsight, of course.  Pretty sure my completion time one that mission was over 40 minutes.  The APCs were the most interesting part because of the soldiers and their dodgeable cannons, the tanks were just absurdly tedious.  Take one shot, immediately run to the other side of the building.  Repeat, 5-6 times for each tank.  Even the cells didn't work as cover for me, since if they don't have LOS, they shoot around corners using their huge blast radius.

But... D-Horse doesn't need a gun... I have a gun, and enough ammo to take down pretty much any base available to me.

If D-Walker was as fast or comparable to the horse I'd switch to him immediately.
I don't understand that, D-walker seems far faster than D-horse to me.  Heck even the walk-mode seems comparably fast to galloping.
I do hate the guns on it though.  They seem focused on some point kinda close by, instead of straight ahead (converging on the horizon).  Or maybe I'm just not compensating for the guns being far apart.  Either way, I've only rarely gotten headshots with its tranqs.

And the missiles kinda suck and are expensive and few.  I usually use a cheap, bare loadout because...  It's a lot faster than the horse.  I'm pretty sure.  A lot tougher too, by default.

I also completed the story today.  Too sleepy to really comment, but I kinda liked the end.  And I love the game, haven't been gripped so hard by a video game in some time.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: September 22, 2015, 05:34:58 am »

Actually, from what I tried, walker mode is slower than Snake running.
That was tested by using the call command for D-Walker, though, and I can't remember if I had the mobility upgrade unlocked at that point, so grain of salt.
Speaking of, do you go any faster without a weapon on your back?
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: September 22, 2015, 05:36:36 am »

Actually, from what I tried, walker mode is slower than Snake running.
That was tested by using the call command for D-Walker, though, and I can't remember if I had the mobility upgrade unlocked at that point, so grain of salt.
Speaking of, do you go any faster without a weapon on your back?

Oddly enough wheel mode so far is slower, though I have no idea why.

Must require the mobility upgrade, though it isn't even available to me right now.
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 124