Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 124

Author Topic: Metal... GEAR?  (Read 131362 times)

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Metal... GEAR?
« Reply #1110 on: September 20, 2015, 10:04:12 am »

Vehicles, enter mission with them... then ditch it as soon as you get near objective/enemies. (You don't have to waste GMP/Fulton on vehicles with your emblem.)

Does having certain emblems on activate different abilities?

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: September 20, 2015, 11:04:10 am »

No.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Black lives matter.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: September 20, 2015, 11:10:31 am »

That's not true, the Foxhound emblem unlocks the power of making online players run like the cowards they are.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: September 20, 2015, 11:14:08 am »

Perfect stealth, no kills isn't too hard if you learn from your mistakes.* :P

I'm using the
emblem myself.
WOO, GOLD KING

*I don't
Black lives matter.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: September 20, 2015, 12:11:22 pm »

That's not true, the Foxhound emblem unlocks the power of making online players run like the cowards they are.

That's my logic too.  It's not actually that hard to get especially if you cheese it with an easy mission like mission 3, but I did it for real.
Shoes...

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: September 20, 2015, 12:20:29 pm »

I'm still using Octopus Island, I have so many cool words but I feel attached to the name now ):
I could replace the ♣club♣ symbol with something though.
My favorite is still that Ocelot<3<3Snake one from that amazing video, heehee.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: September 20, 2015, 06:04:26 pm »

Playing a D rank combat character is super hard mode. 

You alert and get shot at, you die, probably to the first hit too.
You drive off a small cliff, you die.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: September 20, 2015, 06:05:17 pm »

Solution: Never, ever ever, play as a D-Rank for any reason
Black lives matter.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: September 20, 2015, 07:19:35 pm »

My savegame issue got fixed at some point, yesterday I actually poked my head up online.  Wowzers, having even just one FOB unlocks so much extra room.  And twice as many equipment-neutralizing deployments, heh.

Haven't attacked anyone yet, waiting to be attacked.  I signed up to support a few randoms, but now I... can't find the menu :/
Where the heck is the menu for conducting FOBs and befriending people?  I think I may have befriended Zangi but I can't find the list to check it.  Heck, I'm not even sure what my username is (Probably RolanSeven).

Major post-mission11 spoilers and word salad

Oh and I did get called to defend a base!  It was really exciting.  I shot the guy in the head with a sniper dart and he left.
... It actually was really exciting though, despite being a bit disappointing.  The reward was chump change, but I'm sure that's normal when the enemy leaves so fast.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 07:21:09 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: September 20, 2015, 07:22:21 pm »

I think it depends on how quickly you do it and how protected your friend's FOB is.
Black lives matter.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: September 20, 2015, 07:38:00 pm »

There were a bunch of drones floating around, and decoys.  Seemed to be pretty dense with soldiers too, so yeah, the poor aggressor might have been utterly outclassed.  He barely even moved.  It took me at least 10 seconds to get out of some equipment bay and somewhere with a view, after checking the map to see his general area (I read the hints!).  I saw him dive for cover and waited for him to come out, another 15 seconds or so.  I shifted position slightly, assuming he slipped past into the crates, but saw his head - he was lying on the ground, basically the same place I'd first seen him.  pew

I don't even know what happens if you tranq someone in FOB.  I just set all my guards to nonlethal on principle (~OCTOPUS ISLAND~) and did the same to this poor fellow.  The base was alerted to his presence though, and I was advancing to a fresh position when he quit.

Maybe he would have had a chance against the highly-advanced defense force, if I hadn't been there to break his stealth.

Still wondering where the heck all this is in the menu, though.  Is it supposed to be under Mother Base, or Missions?  I get network issues pretty often so I kinda assume it just isn't showing up, but I did restart...
She/they

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: September 20, 2015, 07:39:51 pm »

Tranqs do basically nothing if they can keysmash.
It just knocks you out with the PRESS BUTTONS 2 NOT SLEEP action, apparently.
Also, technically you would have been there whether or not he was detected. Only supporters can get emergency missions from an FOB if the intruder isn't detected.
Black lives matter.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: September 20, 2015, 07:41:10 pm »

I mean that I detected him as I took my shot, and the ally's troops converged in response to that.
She/they

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: September 20, 2015, 07:42:08 pm »

Ah.
Huh.
Black lives matter.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: September 20, 2015, 07:51:50 pm »

Oh and I figured out the FOB thing, the option only appears in the mobile command chopper.  Durp.
Also, that sucks about tranqs ):  But eh.  Hopefully I'll get asked to defend more people and I can figure this stuff out.

I dunno if "Zgames The Dragon" is Zangi, but I had to support someone whose insignia is DWARF ENGINEER.
Wish I could tell whose base I defended.  The after-action report made it look like it was OCTOPUS ISLAND (me) but it certainly wasn't.

I'm actually really loving seeing the insignias people come up with.  They're not all winners, but a surprising amount are quite creative.
She/they
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 124