Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 124

Author Topic: Metal... GEAR?  (Read 131299 times)

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
Re: Metal... GEAR?
« Reply #1020 on: September 18, 2015, 09:43:16 am »

Rocket punch and Hand of Jehuty basically ruin helmets.

Unfortunately, they're both pretty lategame.
Sprintpunch does it too, and looks great.
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: September 18, 2015, 11:33:22 am »

If you get close enough to CQC people then their helmets are pretty much irrelevant anyways. Does it even lower their stun time when you throw them?

Also, it's great that there is no 'empty magazine awareness'

EDIT: By the way, what determines the level of the combat deployment things? I was getting D rank stuff but it dropped back down to E...

I've also been neglecting cyber arm development because I thought that putting on the mobility arm would take away my super punch, or that putting on the faster sprint speed would take away the other movement stuff.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 11:43:19 am by OzyTheSage »

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: September 18, 2015, 11:43:38 am »

Combat team level, maybe? No clue. Or maybe heroism.
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: September 18, 2015, 11:52:54 am »

No. Upgrades are collective and on every arm and I think you can punch with other arms.
Black lives matter.

MasterFancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • I LOVE TACOS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: September 18, 2015, 11:58:04 am »

Just got the Legendary Gunsmith. Time for Designated Marksmen SMGs.
Quote from: Frumple
Flailing people to death with empty socks, though, that takes a lot of effort. Less so if the sock's made out of something interesting, but generally quite difficult.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: September 18, 2015, 12:24:49 pm »

EDIT: By the way, what determines the level of the combat deployment things? I was getting D rank stuff but it dropped back down to E...

I think it depends on how far you are with the... yellow combat deployment job.  The deployments where you get blue prints and emblems.
You will always get a buncha E-D deployments.  I guess for when you somehow lose everyone and all that heroism.
Err yea, so half the available deployments seem to be based on how far you are with the yellow deployments.

Once you get to the requirement where you need something from chapter 2, you'll basically only see...  I think B or higher deployments.  Which requires A or A+ troops to reliably do.  (Don't rush progress on yellow deployments is what I'm saying.)
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: September 18, 2015, 12:37:31 pm »

Just did mission 17 and I hate it. Free armored vehicles? Cool. Nope lol unkillable people out of nowhere good luck running 700 meters out of the hot zone while being shot.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: September 18, 2015, 12:39:19 pm »

The
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
aren't unkillable, if that's the mission I think it is. Just use D-Walker's gun. It takes a while, but it works.
Black lives matter.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: September 18, 2015, 12:42:42 pm »

I did manage to knife one of them but I don't know if it counted as a kill. I did ram one into a cliff with an MGS Stryker (or whatever they call it in this game) which then exploded after I bailed out, so I think that counted as a kill. Funny how I manage to unlock the sprint speed upgrade right after doing this mission.

MasterFancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • I LOVE TACOS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: September 18, 2015, 12:43:37 pm »

Did that one last night, I beat them on foot.  8)

...after 9 tries...
Quote from: Frumple
Flailing people to death with empty socks, though, that takes a lot of effort. Less so if the sock's made out of something interesting, but generally quite difficult.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: September 18, 2015, 12:45:48 pm »

D-WAAALKEEER
Black lives matter.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: September 18, 2015, 12:58:09 pm »

Just did mission 17 and I hate it. Free armored vehicles? Cool. Nope lol unkillable people out of nowhere good luck running 700 meters out of the hot zone while being shot.
I ended up doing the only thing I knew how to do on my first go at it... load up my lvl 12 Grom/Rocket Launcher, Lethal Quiet and lvl 1 Battle Armor.

Many supply drops and deaths later... eventually won.  Doesn't help that there is absolutely no cover only really low hill things(my I'm ambushing the convey, there is nothing dangerous here/poorly chosen battleground) against their SMG.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 01:03:11 pm by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: September 18, 2015, 01:03:58 pm »

I merely used the suddenly empty armoured vehicles to take out the guys.

Lost the first time due to the target truck exploding, but it wasn't too troublesome.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: September 18, 2015, 01:05:07 pm »

I merely used the suddenly empty armoured vehicles to take out the guys.

Lost the first time due to the target truck exploding, but it wasn't too troublesome.

I tried that at first... but they tend to move a lot and ended up destroying the tanks my first few times in it, so I just wrote it off.

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: September 18, 2015, 01:18:58 pm »

I tried that at first... but they tend to move a lot and ended up destroying the tanks my first few times in it, so I just wrote it off.

I found the autocannon IFV to be more effective than the tank destroyer for the task at hand. I was aiming with my mouse, too, so that might've helped.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 124