Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 124

Author Topic: Metal... GEAR?  (Read 131285 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Metal... GEAR?
« Reply #990 on: September 17, 2015, 07:09:25 pm »

Fakedit:  Yeah, I - oh jeez a knife? ):  Fultons are in such short supply early on though, that's fair.  And yeah, kicking people awake is a little awkward.

The stun/sleep times are a bit weird.  Pretty sure some tooltip said that choking an enemy out from a grap, puts them to sleep for as long as a tranq.  It's still "stun" not "zzz" though.  Basically I don't like to risk it, any incap usually lasts long enough to clear the area and properly deal with the chumps as appropriate.

Big thanks to the person who revealed that rubber bullets are OHKO's in the face just like tranq darts.  I don't know how long it would have taken me to figure that out about the less-lethal AR...  It's practically a more-accurate tranq pistol now.

@Yoink
I think that's actually fairly well supported...  It's fairly quick to fill up all your facilities with people.  Capturing nearly everybody is growing my facilities a bit faster than otherwise, as I replace people with marginally better ones, but it's not really necessary at all. 

And once you unlock "combat deployments" you can recruit decent (not great, but okay) volunteers at a pretty good rate.  Plus decent volunteers sign up after missions, with their skill based on heroism.

So "extract the entire enemy force" isn't at all necessary.  I was mainly doing it for the lols :P  Now I usually scan for A+ or better, unless I just want them neutralized.  Even then, I often kick them awake then threaten them - unlike stunned or sleeping people, surrendered enemies won't get up later.  Unless you trigger a combat alert, or one of their friends finds them.  It's kinda great to "arrest" a whole outpost like that, I wish it gave some bonus heh.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: September 17, 2015, 07:18:08 pm »

Not with an unsuppressed gun, and not with a nonlethal gun.
D-Dog. Sneaking suit. "Do it."
Black lives matter.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: September 17, 2015, 07:37:00 pm »

I've had people who were held up and face down in the dirt get up from that.  Inopportune timing.  Fire was applied.   ...  Well, he was gonna eat fire or explosives anyways.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: September 17, 2015, 10:11:41 pm »

I don't know why I am trying so hard to do this game non-lethally given how effective just having guys dead is.

Here is a question though: How do animal cages work? Do I target an animal with it or do I place it down and eventually it tells me if I caught anything?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: September 17, 2015, 10:13:49 pm »

When you return to Mother Base the cage captures come in.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: September 17, 2015, 10:14:34 pm »

I've had people who were held up and face down in the dirt get up from that.  Inopportune timing.  Fire was applied.   ...  Well, he was gonna eat fire or explosives anyways.
No, that
that murders people
D-Dog's Sneaking Suit command is literally whipping out a knife and slitting their throat
Black lives matter.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: September 17, 2015, 11:36:41 pm »

So do I just place it anywhere?

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: September 17, 2015, 11:39:57 pm »

Cash is no issue at all once you relize that you can just sell resources to max out your gmp. Select Premium metals, hit left arrow, gmp caps out at 500 000 000 - ish, sell, lose maybe 17% of rare metals.
Just tried this and it works (though did it with useless bio materials). I thought you had to hold the right arrow for an hour to get it to work but left arrow works great. Time to develop all this stuff I've been holding off on... except I can only develop 10 things at a time =(
Also just finally unlocked the S++ rank analyzer, now I can see those skilllllls

(E: just rushed research for the suppressed 1911 (default lethal pistol) for its medium strength suppressor. Can't get unlimited suppressor for the sleepy pistol yet but I see it in the tree. Speaking of that pistol, what is the purpose of the lethal round conversion? Does it lead to something special?)

So do I just place it anywhere?
Generally try to place a few at mission helicopter insertion points, because that seems to be where some of the rarer animals can be cage'd. Placing them anywhere can get you animals but some animals can only be gotten in specific parts of the map and only with capture cages. Also upgrading capture cages allows them to capture rarer animals.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 12:34:20 am by OzyTheSage »

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: September 18, 2015, 01:01:32 am »

Considering it, I don't think you would need unlimited suppressors.  I don't even remember the last time I had to stop and call in a supply for pistol ammo/suppressor, with lvl 2 suppressor.   But then, I tend to make use of other tools.  Resleeping people tends to not work very long.(EDIT:This one is probably a difficulty/preparation thing like the armor/weapons/helmet... like how people try to fight back when you hold em up.)

Apparently... you can add grenade launchers to Rifles.  AR of both types and some of the lethal snipers...  The hard part is deciding if I like my shotty or my anti-everything more.

And... I'm seriously considering using the chicken hat to reset difficulty/preparation.  It'll be a blight upon my play record.  But, it literally takes forever to lower helmet preparation.  I forget to switch to my shotty on reflex or I missfire and hit them in the head with it and it probably wipes out whatever progress I had to bringing it down.
Well, I've already pretty much got over the stumbling block of gotta-catch-em-all... right into wholesale-murder-of-people-I-don't-want.  (Fire is pretty damn great.)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 01:10:27 am by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: September 18, 2015, 01:44:48 am »

Underbarrel shotguns are the best. Quad-barrel shotty (via the customization bug) for the win!
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: September 18, 2015, 01:48:56 am »

Rocket punch and Hand of Jehuty basically ruin helmets.

Unfortunately, they're both pretty lategame.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: September 18, 2015, 05:07:49 am »

Zangi. Use Deployment Missions with the helmet icon. Whatever it says you're getting rid of, it literally demolishes it in the AO for a little while.
Black lives matter.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: September 18, 2015, 07:02:09 am »

Man... Huey you really age gracefully. You actually managed to get more attractive between games...

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: September 18, 2015, 07:02:59 am »

Well, the last time you saw him it was on the PSP, so...
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 07:07:22 am by Neonivek »
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 124