Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 124

Author Topic: Metal... GEAR?  (Read 131109 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Metal... GEAR?
« Reply #705 on: September 08, 2015, 08:10:52 am »

You've died before, right after getting delivered via box right? 
Basically the game autosaves when you enter an outpost area and when you leave an outpost area.  But, it doesn't autosave when you UPS yourself over to another base.  So basically, if you had done anything inbetween entering the outpost and getting shipped... then die/restart at the delivery point/base, you'll lose all that progress, unless you manage to leave the delivery outpost/trigger an autosave on that end.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: September 08, 2015, 08:56:55 am »

Do delivery points start you out inside the box when you exit?

That box-dive is OP.  Twitch around so they notice you, then rotate towards grass or cover and dive out.  Leave the area while they try to figure out what's up with this fuckin box.  Works every time.

Just finished the mission where you get the water gun.  That last stretch is really intense.  Also the cutscene at the end.  Holy shit, no wonder big boss turns out to be the bad guy, he's fucking crazy.
Shoes...

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: September 08, 2015, 09:09:08 am »

Big Boss Did Nothing Wrong, he just wants to help. ;-;
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: September 08, 2015, 09:37:04 am »

Careful if you're getting closer to spoiler territory, guys.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: September 08, 2015, 09:53:46 am »

Thanks but no, I was only up to main-mission 5 or so.
I am jonesing to try again, but I should at least wait for Steam to reply to my "delete my Steam Cloud data" request.  Would be my own fault if I did get it working, then they cleared my progress by my own request...
Fortunately I have other stuff to do today, trying to wait till next weekend  :-X
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: September 08, 2015, 10:12:07 am »

As far as I know, the save data of Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain coexist in the 311340 folder.

I'm periodically backing up, and have disabled cloud saves for TPP. Just in case.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: September 08, 2015, 11:04:33 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Shoes...

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: September 08, 2015, 11:38:23 am »

As far as I know, the save data of Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain coexist in the 311340 folder.

I'm periodically backing up, and have disabled cloud saves for TPP. Just in case.

You might be right, but Ground Zeroes (I don't even know what it IS) does have its own userdata folder.  I don't have the number handy but you can find it with last-modified.  I've been clearing it too just in case.

I'm pretty sure I did clear the data successfully, which gets it to prompt for brightness and language.  But then it tries to save, and fails again.  Same screwy error message.
I have it uninstalled right now, maybe it's leaving something in the common directory for me to clear.  Or I can download someone else's savedata as a test.  I'll have to check all that later though.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: September 08, 2015, 12:00:04 pm »

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: September 08, 2015, 12:13:40 pm »

I've been attacked in FOB at least 3 times.  1st time, I was actually there to fight back and win, it was late at night, so the connection was stable...  Casualties, 2.
The other two times, I was not around.  I think one of them may have d/c mid-match?  Or was tranqed/stunned enough times by the defenders to cause a defeat?  4 guys were fultoned.  I've a mind for a rescue op, but cringe at the auto-lose by d/c.  Which would probably shut down my chances for any further rescue attempts.
All of em were considered victories, so I have no protection time.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: September 08, 2015, 12:29:16 pm »

Shoes...

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: September 08, 2015, 12:31:09 pm »

Does the PC version have that kind of multiplayer available right now?

FOBs supposedly bring in more resources and allow you to make more deployments simultaneously, but beside the fact I haven't unlocked the option yet (episode 18 or 19), I heard they can and will be attacked by other players, losing you personnel. I'm not so keen on that.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: September 08, 2015, 12:43:29 pm »

Does the PC version have that kind of multiplayer available right now?

FOBs supposedly bring in more resources and allow you to make more deployments simultaneously, but beside the fact I haven't unlocked the option yet (episode 18 or 19), I heard they can and will be attacked by other players, losing you personnel. I'm not so keen on that.
Meh, on one hand, I have over 1000 personal.  MB cap = 700 and I'm assuming FOB1 Cap = 1400
At this point, as long as they don't take any of my important people, who I've already put a lock on, I'm pretty good.

Benefits of FOB1:
Increased total personal capacity from 700 to 1400.
Higher cap on how effective different branches are, if you do decide to expand FOBs. (Like for example, I have roughly 150 people in R&D, which comes to around lvl 50-55.)
+2 Deployments for those other missions.
Increased resource income.
Probably some other benefits I forgot to mention.

Tip:
Bigger FOB = More time needed for the intruder to 'win', but higher potential for losing defensive stuff.

Also, if you are short on GMP... you can sell excess resources in the resource section.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: September 08, 2015, 12:44:44 pm »

It does.  I haven't gotten to it either, I'm assuming they want to set it up in the story before they let you use it.

I dunno how good of a design decision that is.  I'm at 50+ hours and while I'm certainly not sprinting it's gonna be quite a hike through some very challenging missions to get to the multiplayer.  Considering the kinds of progression statistics you get on steam from achievements, I'm not sure how many people there'll actually be to play against. 

I am getting better at stealth though.  Maybe it's just the increasing numbers of gadgets or maybe I'm just figuring shit out but all my missions are coming up As on the first try and I'm going back through earlier missions to grab perfect stealth no kill awards.  Gonna get me that foxhound badge.  Maybe that's why it's so late in the game, forcing me to actually prove I know how to play before I go stealth people.  It'll be interesting to see how the stealth gameplay translates to human opponents who won't be fooled by my box shenanigans.
Shoes...

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: September 08, 2015, 12:50:36 pm »

It'll be interesting to see how the stealth gameplay translates to human opponents who won't be fooled by my box shenanigans.
If this game is like every other form of Metal Gear PvP, you will be shocked by how untrue that is.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 124