Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 124

Author Topic: Metal... GEAR?  (Read 131090 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Metal... GEAR?
« Reply #690 on: September 07, 2015, 02:54:32 pm »

Yes, you can omve between them whenever you want and replay all the missions at any time
Shoes...

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: September 07, 2015, 03:38:05 pm »

You can get a tranq rifle for Quiet, can't you?
I can, but then you still need Friendship Level Eight with her before she'll silence the damn thing. It's just more of an annoyance than a real problem, because there's now many more soldiers with high stats around. For example, on the same mission I was in that I made that post about earlier, I got one guy with two A+ stats.

Also, something cool I found out on the internet: the Squirt Gun, which you get
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
can stun enemies. Well, blind them temporarily, but still. And it takes out electronic devices (generators, antennae, I assume others as well) silently, i.e. with no usual explosion.
Black lives matter.

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: September 07, 2015, 03:41:36 pm »

Episode 15: Hellbound

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: September 07, 2015, 03:48:16 pm »

I'm not sure exactly why, but the first time I play Hellbound it was... Hell. Hm.
The second time I flawlessly got to the objective and ran my ass out of there on the mobile item in question without getting an alert. In daylight.
I'm sorry.
Black lives matter.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: September 07, 2015, 04:22:22 pm »

It seems to be random.  I can't fucking do it.  I'm redoing episode 3 to see if it's just me or if it's actually impossible to do it perfectly.

It wont' fucking work.  This time I made it all the way in and then without warning everybody fucking zeroes in on my position, like literally while I'm in the building out of sight they're like "What's that?!  Go check!" and they all run straight fucking to me.
Shoes...

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: September 07, 2015, 05:23:17 pm »

Well crap.  I got the "Failed to create save data.  Exit the game and delete save data." issue.
Which is lovely for various reasons.  There's no UI at all and it's still that dumb unmoveable faux-fullscreen, so you can't even alt-tab out or reach the task manager (you can, but you can't see anything).  Fortunately alt-F4 works.
It doesn't tell you where the saves are located.  Turns out they aren't in My Documents, or Steam's "common" folder, but in the userdata folder under the helpful "287700".  And maybe 311340?? 
(The reason is that they're stored on the Steam Cloud, but still.  Very unhelpful.)
And when I did delete the saves and launched, Steam just quietly redownloaded them...  And they're still broken, so it gave me the exact same unhelpful error!

It's possible that this is partially my fault, since I accidentally left OBS recording (only audio though, by accident) which filled up my hard drive.  Same thing happened to me in Borderlands: tPS, and I lost progress from the point my hard drive filled.  It silently failed to update the cloud saves at that point.  Which sucked... but, at least it didn't silently *overwrite my cloud save with a corrupted one*!

I'm not that upset about having to replay the actual missions, but I'm not excited about redoing the whole prologue.

Fakedit:  Fuck's sake, it won't let me do a "first launch" with Steam in offline mode.  So how am I supposed to meaningfully clear my save data!?
Okay, phew, Steam does have an option to disable syncing with the cloud for a specific game.
...  But it's still downloading the bad save data!?!

I finally had to follow every step in this thread from 2012 to trick steam into deleting the corrupt files:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2470784

This wouldn't be quite so bad except that apparently many other people have experienced save corruption as well, with this game.  Scary thought.  Blugh.

Oh.  It let me choose my brightness, and then it tried to autosave and failed again.  "Exit the game and delete save data."
...I'll throw together the politest support ticket I can.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: September 07, 2015, 08:09:49 pm »

Did you try plugging your controller into port 2?

Just kidding. Hopefully it's not too bad of a fixup for you.
It's a game. Have fun.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: September 07, 2015, 08:45:57 pm »

No but I shook my controller :P
It's fine, I got a lot of playing done yesterday and had fun.  I can wait a week or so playing other stuff... other people are having similar issues so a patch might be coming soonish.  I did submit a support ticket to clear my Steam cloud data just in case.  Though at this point I'm not sure it's the problem, I think I did clear it pretty well.

A lot of people were saying to run Steam in Administrator mode with AV disabled, but that didn't help.  Plus, I didn't do that yesterday when it worked.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: September 07, 2015, 10:39:40 pm »

I just started using delivery points to do these things and I don't like how they all drop you right in the middle of a bunch of enemies...

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: September 07, 2015, 10:45:22 pm »

Well, if you're using enemy controlled delivery points that are built in enemy controlled locations and are operated by enemies... :P

Also,
I can't do the first without doing the second but I can't do the second at all. Apparently this upcoming mission will help...
Black lives matter.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: September 07, 2015, 11:05:35 pm »

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: September 07, 2015, 11:08:48 pm »

This is SERIOUS BUSINESS, AlleeCat

I just remembered that there are people who have finished The Phantom Pain... Yesterday.
It took them a week to finish the story.
A moment of silence for our fallen.
Black lives matter.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: September 08, 2015, 12:38:01 am »

Well, if you're using enemy controlled delivery points that are built in enemy controlled locations and are operated by enemies... :P
Do you know of any delivery points that are near enemy bases but not inside them? There are some delivery points that aren't in the middle of a base but there's usually at least one or two people around them, and one time I got delivered to a point where there was a guy sitting inside of a truck staring at me so it would be impossible for me to do anything without getting spotted by him (and can't tranq through the glass)...

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: September 08, 2015, 12:48:44 am »

I just started using delivery points to do these things and I don't like how they all drop you right in the middle of a bunch of enemies...
Fun Fact: You don't auto-save when using delivery.  So... to avoid losing progress via bullets applied to face cause no cover, run out of the base to trigger autosave before hitting the delivery.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: September 08, 2015, 02:07:39 am »

I'm not quite sure what you're saying. Run outside of the pick up point, then run back in then get delivered into a bunch of enemies...? The problem is enemies at the drop-off, not the pickup.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 124