Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 124

Author Topic: Metal... GEAR?  (Read 130869 times)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: Metal... GEAR?
« Reply #420 on: August 22, 2015, 11:48:22 pm »

You can definitely replay missions, but the guards may have adapted to the tactics you last used.

I can't wait until everyone are just nigh-indestructible robot guards.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: August 23, 2015, 12:01:52 am »

I'm still confused as to how the Quiet can shoot a grenade as to force it to bounce or explode, does she just put a bullet through the pin if you tell her to make it detonate or something?
In other news, I am going to be so conflicted when it comes to Arm choices, Rocket Punch or Teleportation CQC?
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: August 23, 2015, 12:23:00 am »

Well, bouncing it probably goes to the fact that she can headshot a jet pilot at range while they're both moving.
The exploding bit is most likely shooting the pin, I guess.
Black lives matter.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: August 23, 2015, 08:29:06 pm »

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: August 23, 2015, 08:36:55 pm »

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/3i4y2q/metal_gear_solid_v_the_phantom_pain_review_thread/

This shit is not helping curb my impatience.

I have been avoiding everything to do with MGSVPP information and stuff, specifcally for that reason.

My cousin sent a video to me on Facebook this morning though which I couldn't really avoid, and other than "shut it" Keifer, it will make the remaining 9 days a bloody challenge in patience.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: August 23, 2015, 08:43:55 pm »

I just bought a PS4 controller just for this game (and Rocket League, and we might be getting a PS4 at some point down the line), which may have been a bit premature because I haven't tried KB&M yet to see how well that works. I did do the 'rescue the operative" mission in Ground Zeroes just afterwards and it was relatively simple using the mouse to aim, but as soon as I wasn't on rails anymore I went back to the controller because I know what all the buttons do on it and haven't been bothered to look at the keyboard controls. I S ranked the mission (Uragan) but didn't get the achievement because apparently I killed someone...? I don't know if the APC running over someone counts as a kill or shooting the AAA did, but still a bit irritating.

E: Forgot to mention I tried the mission with the controller first but I simply couldn't hit the guy who drives the truck into the operative's jeep. It's cool that auto-aim gets disabled when using the mouse but turns back on when using the controller.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 08:46:00 pm by OzyTheSage »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: August 23, 2015, 08:48:05 pm »

I just bought a PS4 controller just for this game (and Rocket League, and we might be getting a PS4 at some point down the line), which may have been a bit premature because I haven't tried KB&M yet to see how well that works. I did do the 'rescue the operative" mission in Ground Zeroes just afterwards and it was relatively simple using the mouse to aim, but as soon as I wasn't on rails anymore I went back to the controller because I know what all the buttons do on it and haven't been bothered to look at the keyboard controls. I S ranked the mission (Uragan) but didn't get the achievement because apparently I killed someone...? I don't know if the APC running over someone counts as a kill or shooting the AAA did, but still a bit irritating.

There's a dude in the helicopter, and a dude manning the AA gun.

I managed to get an S-rank on that mission the first time I tried to do so on hard (a huge surprise to me given how ridiculously difficult I found it on normal) with one kill. I blew up the AA gun, the APC and the helicopter, but I think it was the helicopter dude that I killed.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: August 23, 2015, 08:51:09 pm »

I shot the helicopter guy out of the chopper with the uragan and he landed on a roof with the three dashes over him so I presume he survived despite the fall. I was led to believe that blowing up the AAA did not count as a kill so I did that. The only other things I can think of are the APC running one of the guys over (which I witnessed) or blowing the APC up killed someone nearby by accident.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: August 23, 2015, 08:53:18 pm »

Probably unpleasantness regarding the APC then.

How do you deal with the APC? Did you use a rocket launcher or one of the other AA guns?

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: August 23, 2015, 08:57:49 pm »

I used the rocket launcher. I didn't think of using the AAA, and if I did I probably wouldn't have wanted to risk sitting on it as the AP shot at me. It's a little amusing how they implimented bullet penetration in this game, but the APC's autocannon can't penetrate a wooden crate (to the player's benefit)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: August 23, 2015, 09:00:44 pm »

I don't think I've ever incurred damage while sitting in the AA gun from the APC, though I've only done it the three times I played it on hard, and only because I couldn't find a rocket launcher... it's ridiculously effective though, particularly when combined with the Night-Vision Goggles so you can actually see through the muzzle flash and smoke.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: August 23, 2015, 09:45:23 pm »

E: Forgot to mention I tried the mission with the controller first but I simply couldn't hit the guy who drives the truck into the operative's jeep. It's cool that auto-aim gets disabled when using the mouse but turns back on when using the controller.
Vehicles running over people, or people you knocked out then fell from great heights don't count as killing.

What happened is that you fired the rocket launcher at the APC and the splash damaged killed one or more KO'd soldiers. Just lure the APC to an empty area.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: August 23, 2015, 09:46:56 pm »

So the reviews are coming in, and about half are 10/10 while the other half are "this is the greatest video game ever made".
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: August 23, 2015, 10:00:24 pm »

Holy craaap I really wish there were co-op of some kind, even if I have to wait for MGO (although somehow I doubt MGO would have co-op...)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: August 23, 2015, 10:02:01 pm »

I think Team Sneak was confirmed for MGO. Kojima also once said you can do friendly visitation of FOBs instead of invading them, but I don't know if that played out.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 124