Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 124

Author Topic: Metal... GEAR?  (Read 130806 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: Metal... GEAR?
« Reply #360 on: August 11, 2015, 01:01:58 pm »

Holy shit, The Fear is terrifying.
Wait, don't... Don't respond to that statement. I get it.
Black lives matter.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: August 11, 2015, 02:45:34 pm »

FEAAAAAARRRRRRRR!
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: August 11, 2015, 04:02:20 pm »

My main question now is... how/where do I throw my money to be able to start playing this at midnight, 9/1/15? 

As far as I know, most those options probably include me having to order online and hope they ship and arrive on 9/1/15...  or 8/31/15 >.> ...  or just be satisfied with starting the +20gb download in the twilight hours...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: August 11, 2015, 04:41:44 pm »

The download is your best bet. STEAM STUFF AHOY
Also I would be excited to download it because it won't involve a long-ass drive to gamestop or somesuch, but I'll be doing it at my grandmother's, with my grandmother's abysmal broadband. Hello, several hour download.
Black lives matter.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: August 11, 2015, 05:07:00 pm »

I have that exact same controller in front of me right now. Same brand, same model, everything. I guess it's time to start looking for a new one.
i had that exact controller, what a stupid design
I have a slightly newer model (Logitech F510) and it has round analog stick inset thingies. Does your controller's analog sticks actually move around the entirety of that box, corners and all? Or does it only move in a circular motion? Of course, the analog sticks aren't the main problem I have with my controller, but if they moved in a square then that would be infuriating.

gamestop
Do us all a favor and don't give your money to Gamestop.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: August 11, 2015, 05:30:34 pm »

I assume it's that they resell used games?  That is kinda a big concern.  Might want to clarify the issue though Ozy.
Not that I care much, my PS2 and Wii libraries are pretty much complete.
On the other hand, I am pretty disappointed I can't play MGS4 :(  Oh well, I have 1-3.  Especially 3, mm.

Oh wait, actually, I have "Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance" on Steam.
...  They seriously named a game Revengeance!?
Anyway, space is tight but I have just enough.  Is it good, bad, what's the deal?  Kinda looks like Raiden, is it about Raiden?
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: August 11, 2015, 05:33:39 pm »

It's not about hurting gamers.  It's *GREAT* for gamers trying to save money.  But it screws the developers pretty bad.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: August 11, 2015, 05:39:16 pm »

Anyway, space is tight but I have just enough.  Is it good, bad, what's the deal?  Kinda looks like Raiden, is it about Raiden?
Revengeance is pretty good, as long as you understand that it's a very different game from the rest of the series. It focus pretty heavily on combat, but is quite competent at that. (and yes, it's about Raiden) Nanomachines, son
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: August 11, 2015, 05:45:39 pm »

Revengeance is made by Platinum. That should give you an idea on what kind of game it is.
and yes, it's about Raiden
Don't forget about his dog-shaped robot buddy.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: August 11, 2015, 05:50:59 pm »

It only gives me any idea at all because I can read context and assume you're saying they're not good.  I've never heard of them.
She/they

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: August 11, 2015, 05:54:16 pm »

Not good? Quite the opposite, actually. They're the guys that made The Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: August 11, 2015, 05:55:02 pm »

Oh, sorry.  I hear Bayonetta has surprisingly good gameplay.
She/they

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: August 11, 2015, 06:07:13 pm »

Revengeance is utterly ridiculous and my absolute favourite action game.  Easy to play, hard to master with an incredibly high skill ceiling.  The game rewards an aggressive playstyle to the point that if you're not attacking or charging towards an enemy then something has gone wrong.

Learn to pull off perfect parrys ASAP.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: August 11, 2015, 06:35:33 pm »

I'd like to be able to see the normal-speed playthrough of a level after you've completed it. Just to see how badass all your parrying was. Grabbing the electric spinal cords of 100 baddies near-simultaneously!!!
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: August 11, 2015, 06:47:49 pm »

I still don't see the problem with them.
They're a giant elitist corporation that not only mistreats their workers and is know to promote sexism in the workplace, but has also actively driven several other games retailers out of business. (Game Crazy, EB Games, etc.)
They also have dumb overpriced membership crap and give you fuck-all for trading in used games. Basically they are the Wal-Mart of gaming.

Have you ever played a game by Platinum Games? (Bayonetta, The Wonderful 101, etc.) Y/N
If yes, did you like it? Y/N
If you answered yes to both of the above, you will like Revengeance.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 124