Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 124

Author Topic: Metal... GEAR?  (Read 130779 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: Metal... GEAR?
« Reply #315 on: August 07, 2015, 03:29:40 pm »

S-ranks require doing everything perfectly, which is hard, without killing people and getting score penalties, which is much, much harder.
Black lives matter.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: August 07, 2015, 03:37:32 pm »

I'd expect getting S-Rank to be hard. :P

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #317 on: August 07, 2015, 03:54:28 pm »

S-rank had better be freaking hard. I S-ranked every mission in Peace Walker. Can't kill any bad guys. It was a ton of fun for me. I'm glad MGSV does things the same way. Going non-lethal was the only way to get 1st on all the VR missions in MGS2 as well.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: August 07, 2015, 03:58:52 pm »

Well, it shouldn't be hard if you're good at MGS games (unlike me), but it is much harder to S-rank because you can't just drop everyone you come across.
Black lives matter.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: August 07, 2015, 04:07:40 pm »

I always hated using lethal methods, so I never really had trouble with stuff like that.

And you can drop everyone you come across, even going light, there's the tranq pistol which while bolt action has a permenant suppressor and as long as you stay calm you'll be fine, the shock baton which can take pretty much everyone out in one go without even emptying the battery, the bananna (if you didn't take the tranq pistol) that you can use to force people onto the ground upon which they will never get up until an alert is sounded, and basic CQC, though that is just Peace Walker.

Ground Zeros, still alright, though I was annoyed at having to use the lethal assault rifle to finish that one turret mission, because it's hard to hit a gnat's asshole with a six-shot revolver thankyouverymuch, yet, again, CQC, still godlike, Tranq pistol, still good, holdups, even better as long as you don't get spotted.

I'm still bitter that the vehicle missions in Peace Walker commonly have too many soldiers for the Fulton system to carry, which is irritating.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: August 07, 2015, 04:20:57 pm »

Rising's non-lethal system was such a disappointment.  The whole storyline makes it seem like it's building around your choices and it's totally not.  Also in the first mission you can non-lethal the guys and they'll be dead in the cutscene
Shoes...

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: August 07, 2015, 04:32:59 pm »

the best part of that is the voiceover on the kids at the end... I was thinking the same thing lol.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: August 07, 2015, 05:27:42 pm »

S-rank had better be freaking hard. I S-ranked every mission in Peace Walker. Can't kill any bad guys. It was a ton of fun for me. I'm glad MGSV does things the same way. Going non-lethal was the only way to get 1st on all the VR missions in MGS2 as well.
The non-lethal system is a good thing, but whenever I went non-lethal it felt like a part of me was missing. I had all these giant guns at MB that I could've used to blow away everything in sight, but all I allowed myself to use was a dinky tranquilizer pistol and my fists. Feels bad man.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: August 07, 2015, 05:28:57 pm »

I felt the same way in Splinter Cell.  It's bad design to give you lots of cool shit and punish you for using it. 
Shoes...

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: August 07, 2015, 05:31:43 pm »

It could be because the soldiers at the base didn't really do anything wrong, but then the occupying Russians aren't really doing anything wrong in The Phantom Pain (besides the occupying part) so that wouldn't make sense.
Black lives matter.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: August 07, 2015, 05:33:42 pm »

Basically, murder is wrong.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: August 07, 2015, 05:34:58 pm »

I felt pretty bad killing soldiers after his mates would revive him and he'd be 'Thanks bro for helping me not die because of that douchbag over there screw you snake I mean seriously.'
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: August 07, 2015, 05:42:13 pm »

My logic is they knew what they were signing up for.  Your odds of getting shot drastically increase when you decide to pick up a gun and guard a top secret black operation.

Also I don't give a fuck.  I actively try to have as little ethics as possible in video games.  My travel time in GTA went down significantly when I realized pedestrians on the sidewalk don't slow you don't like cars do.  If it were easier than going stealth I would kill every single person in that base.
Shoes...

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: August 07, 2015, 06:22:23 pm »

I, sadly, have ethics.
DAMN YOU MORALITY
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: August 07, 2015, 06:23:45 pm »

There is no mercy for those who are unworthy of such an honor.
But I don't kill indiscriminately, I kill enemies indiscriminately.
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 124