Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 124

Author Topic: Metal... GEAR?  (Read 131759 times)

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
Re: Metal... GEAR?
« Reply #210 on: June 10, 2015, 08:51:07 pm »

Whenever I hear about Metal Gear: The Phantom Pain, I think it is about fighting the ghost of that guy from 3 who was covered in bees.
I'd play a game like this, bee tommy-guns for days!
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 10, 2015, 08:59:23 pm »

For the record, it is truly shocking the number of things you can do with bees hornets in MGS3, between The Pain fight and using Hornet Stripe.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 10, 2015, 09:37:33 pm »

Whenever I hear about Metal Gear: The Phantom Pain, I think it is about fighting the ghost of that guy from 3 who was covered in bees.

Its the game everyone wanted, but they just didn't know it yet.

"War changed when the Soviets developed the first bee-bee guns..."
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 11, 2015, 11:11:21 am »

Its the game everyone wanted, but they just didn't know it yet.

"War changed when the Soviets developed the first bee-bee guns..."

Now I'm curious, what were the nationalities of the Cobras? I know The Fury and Sorrow were Russians, The Joy/Boss was American, what about the others?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

ConsUme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 11, 2015, 11:27:06 am »

Brace yourself...

Konami Has found a way to fuck with Metal Gear Solid V
by adding microtransactions.

Edit: We don't know if it is only Metal Gear Online but...
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 11:28:43 am by ConsUme »
Goddamit SourceForge

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 11, 2015, 11:43:19 am »

Fucking Konami. Hopefully it's just a misunderstanding regarding the pre-order bonus.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 11, 2015, 11:54:12 am »

Meh, it is likely to do with mother base.  Buy GMP(in-game monies) and/or 'speed up artificially time lengthened constructions'.
The whole mother base thing may be kinda like the MGS version of Clash of Clans.

It does at the least highlight their transition to the mobile gaming ideology...

Yea, I'd be pissed if they they lock content behind microtransactions or extremely time consuming to acquire(while it can be instantly bought with real monies) in a game I paid in full for.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 11, 2015, 12:00:35 pm »

I get the feeling I know what happened even though Kojima was Vice-President of Konami. The shareholders decided to go all in on the mobile and non-game market, so they axed Silent Hill and intend for Phantom Pain to be their last real gaming project. Kojima Productions doesn't mesh with this and so is also axed.

Which means that any future Metal Gear game is going to be an iOS title. The Fear! I see it, the Fear! FEAR!

Whatever, hopefully the fanbase will backlash and boycott hard on this. Konami folded on "A Hideo Kojima Game" from fan revolt, so hopefully we can pull a repeat performance. MGO3 probably won't last more than a few years, but between PC servers and SaveMGO it'll be fine. They preserved MGO1, 3 will be child's play by comparison.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 12:03:15 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
No Gods, No Masters.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #218 on: July 01, 2015, 04:47:08 pm »

About surviving Ocelot's torture, supposedly he can detect auto-fire(and will shoot you if you do), but I've done it with two different auto-fire controllers and he didn't. Clarification: I used turbo-fire(where you still have to hold the button down), and I don't believe I've tried it with an emulator.

And believe me, you need auto/turbo-fire to win it on Extreme.
I've done it once before with a normal controller. The other times I've beaten the game on EE I was playing the HD edition, where they made that part significantly easier (at least I think they did).

Also, quick question about Vamp in MGS2:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

B) My brother believes that there ARE only 2 rations on Extreme in MGS2. At least, he only found two on his Operation: Steal Snake's Dog Tags run.
There are a few more than that: There's one, maybe two in the normal levels on Big Shell. In the circular room where you battle the Arsenal Tengus there's a room at the bottom of the screen that spawns one. Snake will sometimes give you more than one during the battle before that.

Choking guards vs simply killing them is a bit tough to distinguish. Killing them involves running up behind them and pressing the right button(been years, forget which) and holding it firmly. This will snap their neck. Choking them involves doing the same thing, except with a lighter touch and repeated tapping which will almost, but not quite let them go. Do this several times and you'll knock them out.
Pressure doesn't change anything, just the number of button presses. Grab a guard, and count the number of time you yank his neck until it breaks. If you do ONE less than that, you'll always knock him out.

Alright, so I get the construction of the La Le Lu Li Lo thing, but what the Hell is it supposed to be?  It's the answer people, mostly people who have never heard of the Patriots, reply with when asked who they are.  Alright, so they control computers and business and stuff, do they have mind-control rays too, so that people randomly spout a string of vowels as an answer and never think about it?
If you're a Patriot or you work for the Patriots, you don't say "Patriots". Instead you say La Li Lu Le Lo. It's a code.

E: Drebin implies that some people are censored using nanomachines so that they can't say the word/phrase.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 04:53:49 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 01, 2015, 04:50:56 pm »

Alright, so I get the construction of the La Le Lu Li Lo thing, but what the Hell is it supposed to be?  It's the answer people, mostly people who have never heard of the Patriots, reply with when asked who they are.  Alright, so they control computers and business and stuff, do they have mind-control rays too, so that people randomly spout a string of vowels as an answer and never think about it?
If you're a Patriot or you work for the Patriots, you don't say "Patriots". Instead you say La Li Lu Le Lo. It's a code.
It's not just a code, it's conditioning. People who say La Li Lu Le Lo are unable to talk about "The Patriots" as a form of protection. More insidiously, it represents why the Patriots remain in power, because La Li Lu Le Lo is something that you want to say, but can't no matter how much you try, because of the way society has affected your mind. Imagine trying to prove the existence of the Patriots to the public. Welcome to being Alex Jones' successor.

Oh, by the way, Kojima confirmed that you can visit your friends bases in Phantom Pain, and "not just hang out, but do lots of fun stuff".
No Gods, No Masters.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #220 on: July 01, 2015, 04:59:15 pm »

It's not just a code, it's conditioning. People who say La Li Lu Le Lo are unable to talk about "The Patriots" as a form of protection. More insidiously, it represents why the Patriots remain in power, because La Li Lu Le Lo is something that you want to say, but can't no matter how much you try, because of the way society has affected your mind. Imagine trying to prove the existence of the Patriots to the public. Welcome to being Alex Jones' successor.
Yes. Like I said, Drebin implies that people with nanomachines are physically censored when they try to talk about the Patriots, such that when they try to say the phrase, the words are replaced with "La Li Lu Le Lo".

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 01, 2015, 05:01:39 pm »

I'm also saying that it's a bit of social commentary, about our inability to seriously discuss topics outside our accepted bounds of plausibility, even though those might not actually line up with reality.

But anyway, I'm far more interested in hoping for the confirmation of homoerotic shower fights on Mother Base. Come on Kojima, give the people what they want!
No Gods, No Masters.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #222 on: July 01, 2015, 05:43:46 pm »

I'm also saying that it's a bit of social commentary, about our inability to seriously discuss topics outside our accepted bounds of plausibility, even though those might not actually line up with reality.

But anyway, I'm far more interested in hoping for the confirmation of homoerotic shower fights on Mother Base. Come on Kojima, give the people what they want!
Social commentary implies there's a problem that needs to be changed though... If my best pal came up and started making claims about the government censoring the internet, I have no illusions, I would probably be very skeptical, and I wouldn't expect any less from another person.

They confirmed that you don't have to play missions as Snake...
Don't let me down Kojima. >:C

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 01, 2015, 05:45:14 pm »

I am gonna abuse the shit out of Ocelot, and he's gonna take it because BB is his only friend.
No Gods, No Masters.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 01, 2015, 08:17:08 pm »

PTW Because I'm excited for The Phantom Bees and because I like to see people complaining about microtransactions

Let it go... my son.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 124