Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 124

Author Topic: Metal... GEAR?  (Read 131155 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: Metal... GEAR?
« Reply #825 on: September 13, 2015, 01:49:09 pm »

I think a headshot with any (projectile) weapon of any type instantly... does whatever to its target it normally does.
I.e. kill, tranq, or stun.
Which is good.
Black lives matter.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: September 13, 2015, 02:15:49 pm »

Ah okay, so the recoil is crazy but it should only really be fired one shot at a time?
I didn't assume a single rubber bullet to the head was enough, seemed to take more...  I didn't try it long.

Riot guns aren't a joke.  Probably nsfw, possibly kind of gross if you're squeamish, no blood though.

That's a teflon riot bullet.
Shoes...

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: September 13, 2015, 02:46:26 pm »

That's...  good to know.  SWAT4 lied to me! 

Well, I always assumed beanbag shotguns were more effective in real life than in SWAT4.  As in, more effective than a harsh slap.  I guess this would be more like the stinger grenades, which launched a bunch of rubber balls at high velocity.  Both were 100% unharmful, which was obviously a bit ridiculous.  At least the descriptions described them as potentially lethal.

I'm still using the tranq pistol out of habit, but I'm using the riot AR a lot more effectively now.  Going for single-shot headshots when possible.  No silencer yet, but it's my "oops stealth failed" weapon.
I was totally confused by the recoil on the riot smg and riot AR.  Made me think they were supposed to be used in bursts to be effective.

Also beginning of second zone has made me sad ):
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: September 13, 2015, 02:56:17 pm »

That is horrifying, Cthuhlu.
Black lives matter.

Owlga

• Bay Watcher
  • Turbo times two
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: September 13, 2015, 03:00:54 pm »

That's...  good to know.  SWAT4 lied to me!

SWAT 4 is actually not very realistic deep down. If anything beanbag shotgun rounds are MORE effective in swat 4 than in real life.
Quote from: Cupaketan
if u cant taek a cake, dont do a bake, in a kitchen
so u hav2 leve it ok bc its 2 hot 4u
Owlga is the chillest anime girl ever.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: September 13, 2015, 03:08:38 pm »

I've also got a video somewhere of a guy with a knife getting beanbagged.  Looked like attempted suicide by cop.  It took three or four shots to his arm to make him drop the knife, then they tackled him like normal.  I don't think the beanbags alone could've stopped him in time if he'd gone for the cop, they had real guns trained on him too.
Shoes...

Owlga

• Bay Watcher
  • Turbo times two
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: September 13, 2015, 03:35:46 pm »

Meanwhile in swat 4 land, shooting a man with a ballistic vest in the side with a beanbag before he notices you has a super high chance of making him give up if you immediately shout. When in reality that guy would probably shout, turn around and spray automatic weapon fire thinking he's been shot for real.

And yet if you shot him in the side of the face you'd likely kill him. So be glad Kojima and his team went for fun!
Quote from: Cupaketan
if u cant taek a cake, dont do a bake, in a kitchen
so u hav2 leve it ok bc its 2 hot 4u
Owlga is the chillest anime girl ever.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: September 13, 2015, 05:52:27 pm »

I'm fairly certain I'm able to
Spoiler: Mild endgame spoilers (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: September 13, 2015, 06:53:02 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 07:08:29 pm by Sentient Bowtie »
Black lives matter.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: September 13, 2015, 07:06:19 pm »

A million GMP is nothing.  You can get that back with one good base defense.  Go into relationships and spam support on randoms, there's no risk when you support base defenses and the rewards are huge.

Shoes...

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: September 13, 2015, 07:08:50 pm »

WEH
Also sorry about that. Supposed to be spoilered.
Black lives matter.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: September 13, 2015, 09:18:31 pm »

So I've been trying my best to stealth through most missions and haven't gotten above a B when I do so, and this afrikans interpreter one I stealth the first half then some guy sees me through a wall or something (I couldn't shoot him in the head...?) so the rest of it was loud. Ended up getting an A rank for that atrocity...

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: September 13, 2015, 09:35:34 pm »

ranking is basically 90% time

that's not even remotely an exaggeration, too, look at the score the time gives you when you get an A or S

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: September 13, 2015, 09:59:34 pm »

@OzyTheSage
Same, I have like 3 A's and I'm pretty sure all of them were surprising, because I screwed up the stealth and got in a long firefight...  Just don't let the alert end, I guess, because then deducts points again if they do see you.

Also holy crap I just unlocked the weapon customization.  So many options.  Rather confusing.  There was a red bar over putting a silencer on the riot assault rifle, but... it let me do it anyway.  And at first nothing I did seemed to change the stats (just the yellow special-qualities) but apparently those barrels were only cosmetically different.  I've yet to find anything that changes the cost, oddly.

... Yep, sure enough, silenced AR for the same cost.  Guess the guy really is legendary.  Silencer didn't seem to last long at all, but still (and I'll unlock better ones, I'm sure).

Spoiler: Quiet (click to show/hide)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: September 13, 2015, 10:10:40 pm »

The game encourages you to go faster for better rank. 
If you can plow through them quickly with lethal, then yea, you will get a better rank.
If you take it really slow stealthing/trying to do it perfectly, you won't get a better rank.

Either way, you can redo the mission later if you want.

I like fire, good stealth removal of possible combatants, since I don't bring lethal guns myself...  And instant kill on enemies cause they don't dodge away.
My Quiet has normal soldier clothes!  Huzzah!
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 124