Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 124

Author Topic: Metal... GEAR?  (Read 131024 times)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: Metal... GEAR?
« Reply #615 on: September 05, 2015, 12:17:03 pm »

They should release a DLC that just changes Keif's voice to Hayter's
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: September 05, 2015, 12:23:38 pm »

For 60 dollars.  ;D

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: September 05, 2015, 01:06:34 pm »

How about
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
?
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: September 05, 2015, 07:31:39 pm »

Is that better or worse than the final Revengence mission that they seemed to have more or less tacked on? I don't know why, but the big-bad-senator ending always felt out of place to me.
It's a game. Have fun.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: September 05, 2015, 08:50:16 pm »

I dunno what's with some of you guys, but Keifers voice as Venom snake/big boss feels fine to me? As is I kinda feel like giving him the SAME fucking voice of Solid Snake back in MGS3 was the REAL mistake. It was lazy and it fucks with things when you consider the whole thing about Genes not making you who you are entirely when young big boss pretty much looks and sounds like a Solid snake clone.

For the lack of speaking, I think if anything that was Kojima listening to criticism. Most of the long conversations got moved to the cassette tapes so the game can get on with things.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: September 05, 2015, 08:52:22 pm »

In an interview, Kojima specifically mentioned that he didn't realise the cutscenes in MGS4 and such were too long, so he said that he would be cutting them down for 5.
This is me who's talking, though, so pinch of salt.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: September 05, 2015, 09:39:08 pm »

I'm (still) not too far in the game, and the cutscenes have been a decent length from what I can tell. Most of the talking and codec type "calls" are accessed through the iDroid, which means you can choose what "codec call" you want to hear and not have to pause gameplay to do so. Yes, you do lose out on things like context sensitive codecs that the current call function doesn't really fill in entirely, but it's a compromise.

Speaking of the call function.. damnit Kaz, I know what "Soviet Soldiers" are. What I want to know are the specifics of certain kinds of them. For example he says the same thing about the generic mook, the guys with long-range/wavelength radios, the guys that crew armored vehicles, and probably even the heavily armored guys I saw once so far (haven't tried but I would not be surprised). Not only that, he says the same 2 minute spiel every time you accidentally call about a soldier instead of the thing he's standing next to. If there's any point of the game Snake should be talking it's to tell Kaz to shut the hell up =p

In an interview, Kojima specifically mentioned that he didn't realise the cutscenes in MGS4 and such were too long...
So he's never seen the cutscenes in MGS4, then? E: More specifically, he hasn't tried to play through the game as if it was his first time through, and then watched them as they came up like a first-timer would?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 09:41:10 pm by OzyTheSage »

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: September 05, 2015, 09:50:56 pm »

That's just what I heard.
Oh, wait, he didn't say that, it was more that making such a complex story was never his intention, so I was dangerously wrong on that front.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: September 05, 2015, 09:55:37 pm »

It depends.  There are definitely some hefty cutscenes but nothing like what I've heard from MGS4.  I think the cassettes are a compromise.  I've probably got 45 minutes of unread cassette tapes on my iDroid right now and it's all important supplemental info.

That's pretty annoying, but what I really hate is Tarragon, the medicinal plant that contains a benzodiazepine derivative used in the production of pentazemine.
Shoes...

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: September 05, 2015, 09:58:01 pm »

I think "important" tapes are marked in yellow, so I'be only been listening to those. I sitll have a ton of stuff I haven't heard but I bet it's all about stuff that happened in the last few games or where Cyprus is or how the mechanical arm works and junk.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: September 05, 2015, 10:23:37 pm »

I still haven't played 4 but didn't really mind the cutscenes in 3...  I only played through twice fully though.  Helped that you could move the view around, and sometimes press a button for an alternate point of view.  Kept them interactive.
Also it was a fricken cool story, but that's subjective :P

I don't think MGS2 had the interactive bits, because I remember my wireless controller kept shutting off as I waited.

...  Also yesterday I bought this with one of those nice coupon codes, and I'm really looking forward to playing it eee!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: September 06, 2015, 12:44:12 am »

...  So apparently my chopper has decided to ignore the enemy gunship floating around, resulting in explosions, twice.  But, it might be cause there is no alert or anysort of combat going on.  I guess I'll have to alert it before my chopper actually fights it?

EDIT: My two oldest MB staffers.  Ochre Capybara, the Russian interpreter... if I release him, will I get another mission to get one?  And Silent Mastodon, that Spetnaz guy.
EDIT2: ...  Surprisingly easy to gun down the gunship myself... with cheapest lmg...
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 12:51:24 am by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: September 06, 2015, 12:50:30 am »

Firing RPGs from a moving horse feels badass and seems like the kind of thing that would be hazardous in real life.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: September 06, 2015, 12:55:43 am »

That is METALGEAR as fuck.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: September 06, 2015, 01:04:55 am »

The best part is it's not even METALGEAR, I decided to do that myself.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 124