Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 124

Author Topic: Metal... GEAR?  (Read 130862 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Metal... GEAR?
« Reply #60 on: May 15, 2011, 04:32:50 pm »

Well, I've already gotten pissed on by a wolf pack, so...
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 15, 2011, 04:49:48 pm »

La Le Lu Li Lo?
I never figured out what the hell this meant. This did not harm my understanding of the second game by any means.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 15, 2011, 04:57:59 pm »

Your... your rations freeze?

Oh my god what is this D:
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 15, 2011, 05:02:37 pm »

Yep. Your rations freeze unless they're equiped. Just another little thing from Kojima. There are many, many more things like that in MGS3.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 15, 2011, 05:12:05 pm »

Yep. Your rations freeze unless they're equiped. Just another little thing from Kojima. There are many, many more things like that in MGS3.

KOJIIIIIIMAAAAAAAAAAAA

Well, better remove this body armor and get to reheatin' em with my heat, I guess, because otherwise I am fucked.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 15, 2011, 05:48:50 pm »

La Le Lu Li Lo?
I never figured out what the hell this meant. This did not harm my understanding of the second game by any means.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 16, 2011, 04:08:51 am »

Alright, so I get the construction of the La Le Lu Li Lo thing, but what the Hell is it supposed to be?  It's the answer people, mostly people who have never heard of the Patriots, reply with when asked who they are.  Alright, so they control computers and business and stuff, do they have mind-control rays too, so that people randomly spout a string of vowels as an answer and never think about it?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 16, 2011, 04:15:54 am »

Actually, they used nano machines or something. Ya know, like Codec.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 16, 2011, 04:18:07 am »

The more I learn about MG, the less it makes sense...
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 16, 2011, 04:19:02 am »

Wait 'til you get to the genetics.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 16, 2011, 04:20:55 am »

Wait 'til you get to the genetics.
I think that will have the same effect as staring into the eyes of Cthulu.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 04:22:31 am by Angel Of Death »
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 16, 2011, 04:24:31 am »

Or for that matter, the villain plots of the later titles.  Hell, I don't even know who the actual villain is in MGS4, because I think Liquid Ocelot is trying to destroy the Patriots who are the real badguys?  Fuck.  Colonel Volgin was the only badguy in the entire series whose motivations made perfect sense: 1) Build Atomic Superweapon 2) Take Over USSR 3) Destroy America.  But nobody ever talks about him, because he's not related to anyone and dies pretty spectacularly.

Okay, I guess most of the minibosses have fairly straightforward motivations too: 1) Be Awesome Supersoldier 2) Go Kookoo for Cocoapuffs 3) Kill Lots of People.  I swear, every single problem in the Metal Gear universe is caused by over-reliance on lunatic spec-ops mindfreaks; every goddamn plot is the unit from the last game going crazy, and sending in another guy just like them to kill them all.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 16, 2011, 04:35:32 am »

I swear, every single problem in the Metal Gear universe is caused by over-reliance on lunatic spec-ops mindfreaks; every goddamn plot is the unit from the last game going crazy, and sending in another guy just like them to kill them all.

Who then hijacks their awesome for themselves to become the next villain?

I couldn't get through the plot of MGS2. MGS was quirky. MGS2 is where it starts getting incomprehensible.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 16, 2011, 05:53:48 am »

MGS2 has this vauge feeling of "Just saying, you're kind of sick for wanting to play this kind of game." about it, but other than that the ending is...difficult to understand. There's even a Useful Notes page for just that purpose.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 16, 2011, 05:58:09 am »

"I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-Kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61!"

All in all, I found the ending kinda straightforward.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 124