Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 124

Author Topic: Metal... GEAR?  (Read 130858 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Metal... GEAR?
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2011, 02:31:33 pm »

Lil' question here.

Who are the patriots?

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2011, 02:36:55 pm »

99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2011, 02:43:28 pm »

Who are the patriots?

Everyone and no one.  But mostly Zero, because Kojima just had to reuse him somewhere.  I love the idea that the Grand High Puppetmaster was some goofy old British guy obsessed with early Bond movies.

Even with the cyber ninja gear and sweet voice Raiden is still a pathetic ponce with girlfriend issues and seems to be stuck facing Vamp, the most uncomfortable MGS villain besides the Beauties.

It didn't even occur to me that facing Vamp in Rising means that you'll be going in knowing that you can't kill him, because he has to be alive at the end.  Admittedly, watching Ocelot pretend to be the Fonz with no possibility of retribution was irritating (at first glance anyway), but there was a lot of daylight between MGS3 and MGS1.

Now that I think about it, I'm starting to wonder if there was really anything to the "Liquid's Arm" business, or if Ocelot's freakouts followed by his cackling goofiness in MGS4 was actually just his inner child reemerging.  Point is, the guy's been a clown his entire life.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2011, 02:48:58 pm »

Who are the patriots?

Everyone and no one.  But mostly Zero, because Kojima just had to reuse him somewhere.  I love the idea that the Grand High Puppetmaster was some goofy old British guy obsessed with early Bond movies.
I am disappoint. C'mon!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2011, 02:54:44 pm »

Who are the patriots?

I am disappoint. C'mon!
Think of it like a crazy NWO you always hear people talking about, except one that rose to power so that they could destroy another NWO and ended up taking their place.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2011, 02:55:45 pm »

Still not the answer I wanted.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2011, 02:57:08 pm »

La Le Lu Li Lo?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2011, 02:57:42 pm »

Finally :D

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2011, 03:57:18 pm »

... Am I a bad person for blowing up mooks with the Nikita?

It's kind of fun.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2011, 03:59:01 pm »

... Am I a bad person for blowing up mooks with the Nikita?
No. The game loses points for not letting people blow up mooks with the Stinger, though. Other than that it's perfect.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2011, 04:00:11 pm »

In the second one, you can use the stinger to take out seagulls.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 15, 2011, 04:06:28 pm »

Also in the second one, if you rob someone and stick the Stinger in their face(or crotch), they'll always give something up.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 15, 2011, 04:07:14 pm »

APPROVE

Well, then.  I'll probably be able to finish this game today, but MGS2... hah, I am looking forward to it.  So forward.

Also in the second one, if you rob someone and stick the Stinger in their face(or crotch), they'll always give something up.

Roffle.  How am I not surprised?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2011, 04:09:54 pm »

APPROVE
Do it enough and your girlfriend and CO will yell at you.

In fact, you can do some pretty horrible/hilarious things that people will yell at you for.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 15, 2011, 04:29:14 pm »

Just make sure your gun is actually loaded when you try to intimidate them.  And watch the eyes.

While there are a lot of things you can do that people will yell at you for, most of them are silly Japanese-perverted things, like kissing posters and looking up a hostage's skirt.

The one about getting peed on raises a lot of questions though, in light of who you're really talking to...
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 124