Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 124

Author Topic: Metal... GEAR?  (Read 130842 times)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: Metal... GEAR?
« Reply #1800 on: May 02, 2017, 08:46:12 pm »

Quiet's boss fight. That's right. I just shot her a couple times in the head as I did not have the tranq/stun rifle yet. Fultoning is the real villain here, but unfortunately, it's too integral to development to not use. Seriously, play through a mission without fultoning or killing people its a lot more fun/challenging!
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

marples

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: May 03, 2017, 01:35:42 pm »

When I was fighting Quiet, she landed in a pool and then it was all rainbows and sparkles whilst she danced. I walked up to her and knocked her out. After learning about her later in the game, it sort of makes sense.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: May 03, 2017, 01:53:18 pm »

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Black lives matter.

NEANDERTHAL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: August 31, 2017, 09:38:20 pm »

I like to make my eblem look like the burger king logo so i can say I'm the burger king private army in some ridiculous ancap world

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: August 31, 2017, 09:43:59 pm »

Well, that was certainly a bizarre necro.

I just have my emblem as foxhound ultra, with the foxhound image in the middle, 'cause I'm all original like.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: August 31, 2017, 11:11:50 pm »

Well now that we're back, I picked up The Twin Snakes the other day. Damn am I bad at it. I need some serious practice just to move around.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: September 06, 2017, 12:29:46 pm »

My emblem is a rhombus reading "ZERO INTELLIGENCE" with a lightning bolt in the middle.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: September 18, 2017, 12:06:28 am »

Back in the saddle, to go around finishing S ranks and generally screwing around.

I still suck horrendously at FOB, both ways. 
There is now a way to put your FOB up for free attacks all the time.  Some people really are assholes, killing 50 of my security team at a time or something.  FOB doesn't stay up for free attacks as long as it should.
... Somehow, I am thinking of my FOB as some sort of theme park game, people come in for the ride. Winners get stuff, losers pay me.  More attacks my place weathers

And there seems to be new levels of items, but, only researchable when online.  (You can still use them while offline.)
They are so prohibitively costly that you need to do a shitload of grinding for resources to research.   GMP and resource cost, way too many.

I also found that you could do Traitor's Caravan with sleep grenades and no combat mode with the skull guys.
And after using stuff other then sneaking suit all the time, feels like everyone with NVG or something could see you when you try something different.

EDIT: Also, stuff gained while offline, moving exclusively to online is total bullshit. 

-FOB can only be upgraded while online.
-You have an offline monies and an online monies.  You only have your online monies while online.
-Upgrading FOB takes from your offline side first.  So if you get disconnected afterward, you could probably be 7 million in the red, while your online side holds all the monies. 
It does 'even' out when some sort of refresh is triggered, but generally you won't have the means to cover that 7 million cause most things you can sell are automatically moved onto the online side.

On a positive note, you can carry much more then 5 million monies now.  But, the game still moves a chunk of it over to online only when you connect.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 02:20:55 am by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: September 18, 2017, 06:31:23 am »

That's the biggest thing I hated about the offline/online schism between your resources, offline gets spent first. Like you said, you could put yourself 7 million offline GMP in the red, while having a positive online balance, then the server shits itself(it does time to time), and then you've got troopers revolting because of the morale penalty for being broke.

Only being able to upgrade your FOB while online makes sense though, it's an online-only feature.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: September 18, 2017, 09:01:05 am »

The Boss > Big Boss > Solidus > Raiden > Sunny

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: September 18, 2017, 09:13:53 am »

I really wish there was a way to actually start from scratch again.  I've tried to do so and as soon as you unlock FOBs it gives you all your online stuff back.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: September 18, 2017, 11:01:05 am »

Spoiler: Series spoilers (click to show/hide)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: September 18, 2017, 11:47:07 am »

Only being able to upgrade your FOB while online makes sense though, it's an online-only feature.
It still affects single player, in that I can capture another 700(?) pokemon, also makes it much easier to S rank some of the base things, just for completionist sake. 
Recently got Ocelot's online-only-researchable gun, I should play with that.   Seriously, days of research.  Days.

The PS4 online FOB activity is still going pretty strong, almost always +5 people still opening their amusement park up for visitors.  And getting knocked down just as quickly.

And the reactive AI prepardness thing.  I've basically entirely stopped headshotting and using sniper rifles myself.  (Silenced 1Hit beanbag shotgun for the win.)  It takes a long time for the reactive AI to calm down. 
Then I bring Quiet in for a mission and everyone is screaming sniper for a half hour or however long it takes me to do my thing.

Anti-stealth is really bright red, I don't think its gonna go down anytime soon.  If ever.  Maybe if I kit myself out in kill em all gear and roam around murdering for a bit, instead of wanting to catch all the good pokemon.  Base is already pretty much full anyways.  It may be a decent alternative way to play for awhile?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: January 19, 2018, 06:15:59 pm »

So, apparently, they're making Metal Gear Survive. It takes place in an alternate MG universe, the player has to scavenge resources to survive. Sounds like TPP mixed with co-op only DayZ.

Steam page, pre-order available. Release date is end of February.

I have no idea how it will turn out, but it seems to be generating a lot of salt already.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: January 19, 2018, 06:24:29 pm »

MGSV already had zombies and resources, and it probably would have gotten co-op if it were a finished game. So fuck em, basically. Zombies aren't as fun to fight in co-op as intelligent soldiers. It seems like they settled on zombies half so it would be easier to sell as a seperate game despite being on the same map, in the same engine, with most of the same gameplay, and half because they didn't have an developers talented enough to adapt MGSV's AI to handle multiple players, so they made them dumb, easy to program zombies instead.
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 124