Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 124

Author Topic: Metal... GEAR?  (Read 130935 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Metal... GEAR?
« Reply #1755 on: September 04, 2016, 03:30:00 am »

There was a sneaking game once (vampire rain) where you had to sneak past vampires that could easily fuck you up if you got spotted. Could do something with that, sneak around in a monster-infested city where you have to avoid the monsters as well as roving gangs of survivors/warlords.

Ahh yes the game where the power ratios were reversed.

So the lower down in the food chain a creature is the more powerful they were.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: September 18, 2016, 12:38:21 am »

The gameplay trailer came out recently and, honestly, the game looks pretty good. Some of the animations could be a bit better, and I want to see what single-player looks like, but for the first PK (Post-Kojima) era game, it isn't too bad.
Black lives matter.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: September 18, 2016, 10:15:22 am »

I dunno, sure its a cheap reuse of existing assets and all that, but I mean for MGSV I only wanted... more of it. This is something to do.

Gameplay trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_PU3Q-glNg

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: September 18, 2016, 11:13:54 am »

It seemed not 100% irredeemable I guess.

The ability to build fortifications was pretty cool, but it seems like it could give you way too much power over the zombies.  Not sure what would be stopping the player characters from just dropping a ring of barricades and four machine guns everytime anything gets slightly tough.  Especially since presumably there'll be even more powerful versions of those over time.  Maybe it was just because of the objective distracting them, but the zombies didn't seem aggressive about attacking the players.  That combined with their low numbers and speed seems like they're not threatening.  At the end of it all, there was a horde and the players just kinda walked away.  Nothing was chasing them, there was that one zombie just standing there like "hey guys come back."

Honestly nothing in there really changed my mind about the reveal trailer.  It seems fishy to me that for most of the action the zombies were spawning at set points and then attacking a set point on the map rather than the player characters.  I suspect that's about the limit of what their AI is capable of at the moment.  The one thing that could really change my mind is if the AI squadmates were brilliant, and the characters were interesting enough that I'd want to spend the entire game with them.  But so far the four of them seem mostly silent and interchangeable, and if the devs couldn't get the zombie AI right...
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: September 18, 2016, 11:34:33 am »

On the bright side, at least Valve will have a few nice mechanics to steal back for L4D3.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: September 18, 2016, 11:42:32 am »

I did like the compass that appeared around you, with the alert icons and such. And the player marker system was nice too.
Black lives matter.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: September 18, 2016, 01:04:56 pm »

It's FEF, not FEOF

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: September 18, 2016, 01:14:08 pm »

Where's Sam when you need him? "We've all heard enough speeches about higher causes by now."
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: September 18, 2016, 01:18:32 pm »

She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: September 18, 2016, 01:22:56 pm »

It means that war is coming. A new era, controlled by managed displays of power.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: September 18, 2016, 01:28:10 pm »

No, not Cipher... Konami...
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: December 01, 2016, 12:35:22 am »

Okay, so...

I've been playing MGS2 again, mostly paying attention to the story. Scott Dolph, the commander at the end of the Tanker, evidently has nanomachines, referring to the Patriots as "la-le-lu-li-lo" - a tidbit revealed in MGS4, which maybe explains the following inconsistency - as does Richard Ames in the Shell 1 B1 Core, and I think another few characters do, too... however, President Johnson refers to them as the Patriots several times, despite having nanomachines.

Does anyone know why this may be?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: December 01, 2016, 01:02:03 am »

Well, he is the President. He's probably pretty high up amongst the Patriots, if not the highest-ranking human member. You'll notice how he never refers to anybody specific being above him in the group, just a shadowy "they" that enabled him to claim the Presidency in exchange for loyalty. He knows about GW's existence, but only that it's an advanced computer system, not both an AI and his boss.
No Gods, No Masters.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: December 01, 2016, 01:15:08 am »

Because the president didn't have nanomachines. *shrug*
Or he found a loophole by pretending that he's just talking about the handegg team.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #1769 on: December 01, 2016, 01:29:00 am »

He talks to Raiden using codec, so Johnson has nanomachines. The only reason I can think of is because the Patriots let him.
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 124