Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 124

Author Topic: Metal... GEAR?  (Read 130950 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Metal... GEAR?
« Reply #1740 on: August 18, 2016, 01:46:21 am »

DEADLY
POISONOUS
ZANZIBAR
HAMSTERS

also snatchers

Yeah Kojima is what I love most about Metal Gear.  (That and Liquid (and fluffy Solid/Otacon fanfic (Raiden is p neat too)))
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: August 18, 2016, 11:36:27 am »

"Do you think love can bloom on the battlefield?" "Snake..."
Black lives matter.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: August 18, 2016, 11:38:39 am »

Like, I'm sure that Survive won't be one-tenth as cool as the thing Kojima's making, but it could still be fun?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: August 18, 2016, 12:02:47 pm »

No.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: August 18, 2016, 12:48:19 pm »

That's a subjective opinion.
Black lives matter.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: August 18, 2016, 12:52:30 pm »

Subjective opinions are typically involved with justification of thought, where as this, objective fact, is not.

Try it at home: "Can I return my gravity and gain the power of flight? A. Yes. B. No. C. Maybe"
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: August 18, 2016, 01:25:48 pm »

An objective fact is not influenced by personal bias. If I may be so forward, your opinion does seem to be a little biased.
Black lives matter.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: August 18, 2016, 02:55:28 pm »

thank's for you're opionon based msh

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: August 20, 2016, 03:54:12 am »

Improved Survive trailer.

One of the comments pointed out: why is it that in the only stand off against multiple zombies, there's a fence in the way?  So its supposed to look all cool but its actually just the main characters executing a relatively small number of zombies while in no personal danger themselves.  Ditto for bow lady "saving" pipe guy, like he was just fighting one zombie.  Which we already knew he could handle.  No tension at all.  Hell, he looked mad she stole his kill.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: August 20, 2016, 09:03:12 am »

Its plain and simple, Konami don't know how to do zombie game trailers right.  Well, there was never any faith to begin with, since they've pretty much only have a sports franchise outside of Kojima Productions in recent history. 
Just cautious optimism that just maybe they could put something decent together with the fancy Fox Engine.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: August 20, 2016, 09:08:49 am »

I guarantee you that they will somehow, somehow manage to take both the silky smooth performance of the Fox Engine and the sheen top tier optimization of MGSV's base and turn it into a borderline unplayable nightmare of memory leaks and frame wells.
No Gods, No Masters.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: September 03, 2016, 09:03:47 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 05:35:26 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: September 03, 2016, 11:13:42 am »

The odd thing about Zombies is I kind of said to myself "If Kojima made a zombie game, it would be good" :P

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: September 03, 2016, 02:46:25 pm »

He'd probably make something like Dead Rising where the appeal is crazy bosses and all the bizarre zombie killing weapons you can get, and the zombies themselves are mostly a distraction.

In general tho I'm not thinking he would bring MGS there.  The way it controls and the general gameplay flow is much better suited to low quantities of enemies.  Like 20 tops under normal circumstances, with 10 or less being the standard.  Even the MGR segments where you're slicing and dicing random security guards don't have more enemies than that.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: September 03, 2016, 02:50:27 pm »

There was a sneaking game once (vampire rain) where you had to sneak past vampires that could easily fuck you up if you got spotted. Could do something with that, sneak around in a monster-infested city where you have to avoid the monsters as well as roving gangs of survivors/warlords.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 124