Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 124

Author Topic: Metal... GEAR?  (Read 131045 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Metal... GEAR?
« Reply #1605 on: January 24, 2016, 04:00:50 pm »

...Isn't that kinda the point? It's easier to kill someone than take them alive?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: January 24, 2016, 04:35:03 pm »

It's easier to kill them, but then you lose points (missions) and recruits, so you're almost always encouraged to capture.
Black lives matter.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: January 24, 2016, 04:42:37 pm »

Oh, I meant in MGO. Everybody and their mother has an MRS-4...
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: January 24, 2016, 04:44:57 pm »

Well, while they're funning and gunning, sneak into their base and set up mines everywhere.
Black lives matter.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: January 24, 2016, 04:46:56 pm »

Oh, but everybody /also/ happens to have Optics +3 and instakill .50 cal sniper rifles!

grumblegrumblestealthcamosucksgrumblegrumble

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: January 24, 2016, 04:49:18 pm »

Isn't the Fulton Rocket Launcher a thing? Or is there only the placeable trap?
Black lives matter.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: January 24, 2016, 05:20:17 pm »

I'm just absolutely outraged at how unbelievably viable run & gun/lethal weapons in general is. It makes non-lethal/stealthy playstyles feel completely outclassed in every possible way.

This is completely intentional and what several of the modes are balanced around.  Stealth/non-lethal play is a lot harder but the rewards much higher.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: January 24, 2016, 05:42:32 pm »

I'm just absolutely outraged at how unbelievably viable run & gun/lethal weapons in general is. It makes non-lethal/stealthy playstyles feel completely outclassed in every possible way.

This is completely intentional and what several of the modes are balanced around.  Stealth/non-lethal play is a lot harder but the rewards much higher.

Pretty much. While some bosses in some metal gears were easier with the non-lethal option (The biggest being the sniper from the first) as a whole going non-lethal is supposed to be tougher.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: January 24, 2016, 05:56:37 pm »

I know that much, but it's just getting ridiculous when you get shot from across the map while using stealth camo, and random arses run up and kill that guy with 10 bounty that you're fultonning because muh kill-death ratio and lose you the bloody game.

Or how about the extreme lag that usually results in getting shot by the guy you just knocked out? And even worse, knocking a guy out, he gets woken up, tranq the guy that woke him, but his friend is now 100% stun immune and can kill you without even trying.

And don't even get me started on buddy spawns ruining everything.

Don't get me wrong, I love the game, but this kinda thing happens way too often.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: January 24, 2016, 06:13:42 pm »

Okay, first up? NVGs ruin stealth camo, especially lvl-3 ones, they work just as well in a morning map than in a night one, and allow you to easily detect any enemy in your field of view, but the tradeoff is that in order to be able to effectively use them in both types of maps, you need to give up three of your four slots to use it, and that's a lot of slots, trust me, secondly, stealth camo isn't that good in the first place, it's a trade off for you being able to stay stealthed while, you still have this weird glassy texture to you so if you start moving too fast in plain sight, you are gonna get spotted, it's as simple as that.

And unfortunately, I have been that guy that has killed a tranqued enemy, but they don't do it for their K/D ratio, hell, I don't know if MGO even records that, they do it because they're kinda in the heat of the moment and they see a bad guy crawling around and, well... You know the rest.

And buddy spawns are fine, well, not fine, but still alright, because they're incredibly noticable, red fire and a stationsry outline of the character for, like, three seconds? That should give you plenty of time to prepare.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: January 24, 2016, 06:44:59 pm »

Spawning buddies are excellent shields.

Also, there are assholes who do go out of their way to kill tranqed people.  (Even some who think fultons are a horrible thing in MGO and are the reasons why Fultons are immune to friendly fire.)
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: January 24, 2016, 08:16:25 pm »

Okay, first up? NVGs ruin stealth camo, especially lvl-3 ones, they work just as well in a morning map than in a night one, and allow you to easily detect any enemy in your field of view, but the tradeoff is that in order to be able to effectively use them in both types of maps, you need to give up three of your four slots to use it, and that's a lot of slots, trust me, secondly, stealth camo isn't that good in the first place, it's a trade off for you being able to stay stealthed while, you still have this weird glassy texture to you so if you start moving too fast in plain sight, you are gonna get spotted, it's as simple as that.

And unfortunately, I have been that guy that has killed a tranqued enemy, but they don't do it for their K/D ratio, hell, I don't know if MGO even records that, they do it because they're kinda in the heat of the moment and they see a bad guy crawling around and, well... You know the rest.

And buddy spawns are fine, well, not fine, but still alright, because they're incredibly noticable, red fire and a stationsry outline of the character for, like, three seconds? That should give you plenty of time to prepare.

I'm reasonably sure the +3 Stealth thing is immune to the +3 Optics thing, but as you say, 3 of the 4 slots... and if you run about like an arse you're not really stealthing it up.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: January 24, 2016, 09:12:18 pm »

It says on the perk description that 'Greatly increased effectiveness against lvl 3 Camo".
I'm pretty sure, anyway.
Alan help.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: January 25, 2016, 02:20:48 am »

Aight, first up, what I meant is that Optics ruin any semblance of stealth whether you have stealth camo or not, and even /with/ stealth camo against non-optics players, you still stand out like a sore thumb even if you're lying prone, completely still, in cover! And yes, I know what I'm doing, it's not like I run all over the place. Stealth camo sucks against anyone who even bothers to take a single look, plain and simple, whether you're moving or not.

At least it works kinda well when people don't look in your direction, such as when they're running off to get themselves killed...  ::)

And yes, the game does record K/D ratio. And it does matter for codenames, so people will take every chance they get to score their easy kills. And yes, a lot of people do just run straight up, while I'm in the middle of fultonning a guy, take their time to look down a bit, and plink the fulton that would've won us the game square in the face. It definitely has NOTHING to do with the 'heat of the moment'. Worst case I've had of this was knocking out 3 guys all with 5 or higher bounty in a big pile when some arse decides a molotov would be a welcome addition to said pile.

And no. Buddy spawns are NOT okay at all. I play almost purely non-lethally (except for when it comes to throat slits), and when I grab some guy to interrogate him, he can just scream for help and suddenly his literally invincible buddy spawns on him, punches me in the face or something, and they both shoot me.

Cloak & Dagger's not any better either, defenders either just rush straight into the attackers' spawn and either A. Kill my entire team right at the start of the match or B. Get themselves interrogated and killed, or they just sit back with sniper rifles and kill anyone that even tries to leave cover. Jade Forest is an especially bad example.

EDIT: Completely forgot about the lag issues, they still ruin absolutely anything and everything.

Okay, rant over.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 02:23:43 am by Donuts »

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: January 25, 2016, 04:13:56 am »

Yeah, I can understand that, I assume you mostly play infiltrator?
Alan help.
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 124