Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 124

Author Topic: Metal... GEAR?  (Read 131064 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Metal... GEAR?
« Reply #1560 on: November 15, 2015, 06:41:53 am »

No, I... I was just saying. It was rather pointless now that I think about it, but that was last month, so.
Also, three posts in a row...?

It was either that or do long disgruntled rants about how you guys are being overly critical of me.

But sure... Ban people from talking about something unless they have a perfect 100% front to back picture of a product.

Did you 100% the game yet? If you didn't remember you have no opinion on the game. PS. They just released new DLC.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: November 15, 2015, 06:43:50 am »

Her last scene only made things *more* confusing, to me.  Kinda annoyed to permanently lose that mechanic, too.  Despite character issues, she was pretty fun mechanically.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: November 15, 2015, 06:44:29 am »

Her last scene only made things *more* confusing, to me.  Kinda annoyed to permanently lose that mechanic, too.  Despite character issues, she was pretty fun mechanically.

It is kind of funny that she does the job your own base should be doing.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: November 15, 2015, 06:45:41 am »

It's still weird that code talker didn't seem to bother, I 'unno, translating for Quiet.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: November 15, 2015, 06:50:02 am »

It was either that or do long disgruntled rants about how you guys are being overly critical of me.

But sure... Ban people from talking about something unless they have a perfect 100% front to back picture of a product.

Did you 100% the game yet? If you didn't remember you have no opinion on the game. PS. They just released new DLC.
Okay, Neon.
Black lives matter.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: November 15, 2015, 06:52:27 am »

As an aside, I became way too reliant on d-dog afterwards.  To the point that I started playing Sniper Elite 3, which has a lot of similarities to MGS5 except being linear and having good sniping + coop, and I kept running into enemy bases expecting everyone to be automatically tagged.

The lack of slowmo on detection was actually far less of a problem...  The reflexes I trained in slowmo carried over well to real-speed (in SE3, the hardcore MGS5 missions, and also in DDR lol)
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: November 15, 2015, 07:34:21 am »

I've actually stopped using D-Dog just because I wanted to do some of this by myself.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: November 15, 2015, 12:59:37 pm »

Anyone know if there's any single player DLC planned? Online mode can be fun for a while, but the meat is still with good ol' Snake and his kidnapping ways. Maybe even finish the dang story, or let us use that battle gear for something besides looking pretty or boosting some numbers.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: November 15, 2015, 01:12:06 pm »

considering that Konami has basically dissolved the team that developed it, I'd guess not. I'm honestly surprised we're still getting patches and that the PC version Online mode is still on the table. Maybe a miracle will happen, but I doubt it. Best hope is that Konami sees the money in it and farms the DLC out to a third party developer to finish things up/add on to it. But still, I'm not holding my breath.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: November 15, 2015, 01:24:43 pm »

If you play mission 11 seven times, you get her back.

That's not a friggin' joke, either, even if it sounds like it. You have to do NL damage on the second-to-last one I think, but the rest are fine as long as you don't kill her after you beat her.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: November 15, 2015, 01:48:00 pm »

...Wow okay good to know.
I only did it twice (normal then extreme) even though...  I kinda liked the actual mission.  Even the extreme version.  (I completed it fairly easily by briefly popping out of cover to draw fire.  Took a while, but I think I only died 2-3 times).  Figuring out her new location reminded me of MGS3, except way easier.  Still a nice reminder though.  That one time where she wasn't shooting was a nice twist, too (only got that on extreme).

I got a lot of enjoyment out of this game, had to uninstall it due to space constraints though.  The FOB defense was pretty neat, but I don't care to play it online more than a little.
She/they

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: November 15, 2015, 11:37:17 pm »

This will be a very awesome moddable game eventually. Just give it time.

Mostly due to FO4 still needing time, but it just got released. So, errrm, yeah.
It's a game. Have fun.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: November 17, 2015, 04:12:44 pm »

@MGO: That new DLC 'hat'... Ricky.

Every time you headshot someone with that.  ... ... I'd totally spend my free MB points on it if it meowedmakes a death cry everytime I took a headshot.  Or simply just meowed or something when stuff happens.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: December 07, 2015, 06:05:24 pm »

Quiet's tune in Teh Game Awards with ChipCheezum and Voidburger providing much needed commentary.
https://youtu.be/VJrXQC56U1w?t=6224

Seriously, I just read through SlowBeef's Policenaut's LP...  And I can totally see Kojima doing this.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 06:09:59 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: December 07, 2015, 06:07:37 pm »

Chip and Ironicus are my favorite letsplayers :P if only because they are Joyous and not terrible and not overly jokey.

Watch their 50 cent letsplay for evidence :P

---

Also wow Quiet's song is baaaad.
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 124