Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 124

Author Topic: Metal... GEAR?  (Read 131238 times)

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
Re: Metal... GEAR?
« Reply #1305 on: September 28, 2015, 07:16:35 pm »

D-Dog has literally never once gotten me caught*. What's up with you guys?? Don't the soldiers just take like ten seconds to shoo him away? That should give you time to act.

*when it was his fault. Accidentally telling him to bark is my bad.

That was my point. D-dog is a ninja to Snake's bloke-in-a-box-with-binoculars.

If D-dog was in charge, the war would be over before it began. Skullface wouldn't stand a chance.
It's a game. Have fun.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: September 28, 2015, 07:19:18 pm »

When do people fall asleep on the job in the middle of the day? Dmitri said five minutes ago he wasn't even tired at all.
Huh, that wolf has some really weird stuff on it. Some of my friends think it's a specially trained one, but that's ridiculous. You can't train wolves.
Rule of funny?
"Hey, did you hear that? It sounded like a ship's radar or something!" "Since when does this outpost have a radar...? Let's check it out."

Also, oh. I interpreted your post literally. :P
Black lives matter.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: September 28, 2015, 07:32:59 pm »

D-Dog has literally never once gotten me caught*. What's up with you guys?? Don't the soldiers just take like ten seconds to shoo him away? That should give you time to act.

*when it was his fault. Accidentally telling him to bark is my bad.

Honestly the game is so insanely inconsistent with what is and isn't interesting it sometimes makes the game seem extremely patchy.

Guy falls asleep on the job? MUST have been a terrorist!
Dog dressed as Snake? Ohh, silly wild dogs. Get out of here you little scamp!
Rocket powered fist flying towards your face VERY slowly while someone yells out "Rocket FIST!!!" well clearly this is just an everyday occurrence.
Punching the soft dirt to find where people are? OHH MY!!! It is the devil! find him!

Sometimes it is a mercy like the dog and Hand to hand. Other times it is just weird.

When the enemy uses the sonar in FOB missions, you hear the "PING" pretty clearly

also i think they only really suspect you with tranqs if you use them nigh exclusively OR if you didn't actually tranq but instead knocked them out

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: September 28, 2015, 07:40:14 pm »

I think at night they actually say something to the effect of "Oh Peterovich you sleepy little bastard" if they spot someone asleep at night.
Besides, they only radio if there's an alert going on, otherwise they'll get a bit confused and walk over, then kick him awake.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: September 28, 2015, 08:29:35 pm »

How did I get the Doberman codename when I never even used DD in that mission?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: September 28, 2015, 08:32:03 pm »

I've heard it's an average of the last three missions.  Maybe you got through that third mission with basically no KOs or kills?
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: September 28, 2015, 08:35:11 pm »

On from my last spoilered post, it's also one of the reasons I didn't mind the change of voice actor of Snake, or even his slightly monotone readings.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Lies, deceits, who knows who and what, pain, sorrow and loss. Yep. It's a MGS game.
It's a game. Have fun.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: September 28, 2015, 08:39:38 pm »

Yeah, I didn't mind that twist whatsoever.  Applauded it even.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: September 28, 2015, 08:43:05 pm »

I think Sutherland did a fine job and everyone (not pointing fingers here) who is all vehemently anti-Sutherland is needlessly repeating the anti-Raiden issues from MGS2.
Black lives matter.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: September 28, 2015, 08:50:19 pm »

That's not really fair.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
She/they

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: September 28, 2015, 08:54:03 pm »

Vehemently, as in "WHY DID THEY SWITCH DAVID WITH KEIFER, 15+ YEARS OF VA ISN'T ENOUGH AND WE NEED MORE, MSGV IS A BLIGHT ON THE FACE OF MGS BECAUSE OF FAKE SNAKE", not as in "I liked David's voice better. Keifer is too unemotional."
Black lives matter.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: September 28, 2015, 09:00:38 pm »

I think at night they actually say something to the effect of "Oh Peterovich you sleepy little bastard" if they spot someone asleep at night.
Besides, they only radio if there's an alert going on, otherwise they'll get a bit confused and walk over, then kick him awake.

Even if it is daytime they will radio say "I think something is up" and the base will have a temporary alert.

It is one of the few times you can have temporary alerts.

I find it weird that sometimes it is easier to deal with a base on alert then it is to face them straight up.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: September 28, 2015, 09:41:37 pm »

I think it also depends on their readiness versus stealth, you can see that in map mode, 3rd little icon among the 6 icons, looks like a camera. 
Covert Action Response
They get really suspicious about anything when that readiness is a deeper red, among other variables.

Also, they are more likely to be suspicious if they see someone collapsing I guess?  Did that happen or did they just walk in on them?  Might be some hidden trigger where if you cause too many suspicions, people will be more wary...  somehow.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 09:43:27 pm by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: September 28, 2015, 09:46:50 pm »

That explains why sometimes they actually radio in if I lure them too much with empty magazines.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: September 28, 2015, 09:57:20 pm »

I always thought it was random, when they report stuff. Most of the time when they report something it's a minor inconvenience. I just have to wait until they radio back and finish speaking before I do whatever I was gonna do.
Also, because helmets, riot suits, shields (block tranq shots because they're HUGE) and body armor (vests; prevent body-tranqs, but I try to go for arm shots anyway when I tranqsnipe) are annoying I constantly have Eliminate The Thing outer ops cycling. So many rewards...
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 124