Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: IMF head arrested in NYC  (Read 4853 times)

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
Re: IMF head arrested in NYC
« Reply #60 on: May 17, 2011, 10:13:33 am »

I shoot Hitler in the back of the head in a heartbeat. But it wouldn't be a moral thing to do. However, it'd be a case of the possible good (preventing, lessening the severity of, depending on the time frame in question)  outweighing the evil (someone who hasn't committed a crime worthy of death being killed, myself being a murderer).
You could worsen it : while convincing, Hitler was too lunatic to be a good strategist. Given that it would change nothing to he socio-economical context of the time, you could end up with a more competent nazi leader. Or a communist revolution in Germany, backed by Stalin. Or Kane using Stalin to establish the superiority of nod. You nostalgia you loose btw.

Plus there is quite a bit of evidence that Hitler was groomed for power by a group of wealthy germans who were looking for someone to act as a figure head for their cause. If not him, they would have found someone else.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 24, 2011, 03:12:49 am »

http://blogs.reuters.com/great-debate/2011/05/23/a-tale-of-two-rape-charges/

According to this, he is strip-searched several times a day. The Police Commissioner boasted about it.

He sure deserves it, for that horrible, evil thing that he definitely, incontrovertibly did!
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2011, 07:41:42 am »

http://blogs.reuters.com/great-debate/2011/05/23/a-tale-of-two-rape-charges/

According to this, he is strip-searched several times a day. The Police Commissioner boasted about it.

He sure deserves it, for that horrible, evil thing that he definitely, incontrovertibly did!
Wow, this 'efficiency' and 'scrutiny' is unprecedented.  Someone high up must have an axe to grind...

So, is that site credible?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 24, 2011, 08:24:56 am »

You fools, the IMF are the lizard people!
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 24, 2011, 01:57:09 pm »

Come on, what's the point? He cannot get out of his flat, got 6 millions $ to lose if he does anything, cannot take an airplane and got an armed guard watching him at all time. Stripsearching him several time a day just feel like harrassment.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 07, 2011, 12:16:23 pm »

Apparently, the accuser in this case was a lying liar who lied and made stuff up. And she's done it before, too, apparently?

Rape is the best one for celebrities to get charged with, because everyone immediately says "Augh, she just wants his money"
Turns out she just wanted his money, apparently, according to the various phone calls she made before hand. Hopefully she gets taken to court next, that's some despicable behavior. Not not just hurting a guy here, but hurting the future of every woman that gets raped. Good job, lady.

Assuming, of course, this NEW revelation is any more true than the last one, especially in light of certain OTHER cases that signify newspapers are perfectly willing to make things up to the extent of faking/removing evidence in an actual criminal trial if they think they'll get a good story... (cough cough NotW)

Anyways, just thought people might want an update.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 01:09:43 pm by GlyphGryph »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 07, 2011, 12:22:32 pm »

Doesnt4 surprise me too much, I suspected 3that as a distinct posibility. My personal hypothesis is that he hired her as a hookeryet refused to pay, or she t4ried to charge more, or somesuch
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 07, 2011, 01:04:50 pm »

He maybe also be going back to his old position in the IMF.

EDIT: Sorry about that, wrong thing I was thinking about. He's might be back into the french elections as a candidate.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 01:14:49 pm by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 07, 2011, 01:05:21 pm »

I'm... really disappointed.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 07, 2011, 01:27:14 pm »

Apparently, the accuser in this case was a lying liar who lied and made stuff up. And she's done it before, too, apparently.
That is a pretty harsh allegation towards someone who has just been raped. Are we dead sure she wasn't threatened by accomplishes of DSK or that the police made an error? I know that there are inconsistencies in her story, but her wounds are consistent with rape. Plus, would you be able to tell a consistent story if you were just assaulted? We should applaud this girl for having the bravery to step up to the police and protect herself from predators like DSK instead of treating her as a criminal and a gold-digger.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 01:29:34 pm by Virex »

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #70 on: July 07, 2011, 01:33:20 pm »

1: Character assassination of victims is a standard tactic.
2: Even a liar can be a real victim.

This isn't really settled either way.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 07, 2011, 01:38:53 pm »

We should applaud this girl for having the bravery to step up to the police and protect herself from predators like DSK instead of treating her as a criminal and a gold-digger.
You are still assuming her innocence. That might have been reasonable beforewe found out that she called someone in jail and literally said that she was going to "cash in" on this case, but now that isn't all that reasonable anymore. You could at least be a little skeptical of her claims at this point.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 07, 2011, 01:41:31 pm »

We should applaud this girl for having the bravery to step up to the police and protect herself from predators like DSK instead of treating her as a criminal and a gold-digger.
You are still assuming her innocence. That might have been reasonable beforewe found out that she called someone in jail and literally said that she was going to "cash in" on this case, but now that isn't all that reasonable anymore. You could at least be a little skeptical of her claims at this point.
Call or not, the case hasn't been through court yet so as of yet we still have to assume she's the victim (especially since, you know, she was quite obviously raped). Plus, her boyfriend could be in jail and she called him to inform him she's going to try to get monetary justice for what was done to her. Immediately assuming she's a lier trying to cheat justice is a bit harsh, don't you think?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 07, 2011, 01:45:18 pm »

Hence why I said apparently, and commented that just because the media has decided that this is the TRUTH now doesn't make it so. I have no idea either way, honestly - I don't know enough of the relevant details. That's for the jury to decide.

But at the very least, as a member of the public there's very reasonable, very rational doubt that the guy raped her now. Did he actually? Maybe. Being a liar doesn't mean a person can't get raped... but it does mean we shouldn't take them at their word. There's just too much we really don't know at this point, and probably never WILL know.

especially since, you know, she was quite obviously raped
And how, exactly, do you know that? How is it obvious? Sure, from what we knew before, and even now, one could say it seems likely... but obvious? Unless you've got knowledge we don't have, we're all operating on hearsay, and that's never obvious.

Quote from: Vector
I'm... really disappointed.
Considering how many things there are to be disappointed about here, I'm interested in which bit, exactly, you are disappointed in.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 01:50:18 pm by GlyphGryph »

Virex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 07, 2011, 01:48:11 pm »

Hence why I said apparently, and commented that just because the media has decided that this is the TRUTH now doesn't make it so. I have no idea either way, honestly - I don't know enough of the relevant details. That's for the jury to decide.

But at the very least, as a member of the public there's very reasonable, very rational doubt that the guy raped her now. Did he actually? Maybe. Being a liar doesn't mean a person can't get raped... but it does mean we shouldn't take them at their word. There's just too much we really don't know at this point, and probably never WILL know.
True, but the last thing we should do is to figuratively drop a victim of a 5-mile cliff once doubt rears his ugly head. Rape victims have enough to go through without people painting them as criminals over a phone call.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7