Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Succession of brats  (Read 4650 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Succession of brats
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2011, 08:20:14 am »

Dwarfs will happily butcher elves, but then realise that "please nooo!!" surely mean that elfs are sentient and refuse to eat them.
and    [ETHIC:EAT_SAPIENT_OTHER:ACCEPTABLE] [ETHIC:EAT_SAPIENT_KILL:ACCEPTABLE] [ETHIC:MAKE_TROPHY_SAPIENT:ACCEPTABLE] will not help here.

So to create this nice -elf leather cloak- and *elf meat roast* we need to remove [CAN_SPEAK] from elves. And even [ETHIC:EAT_SAPIENT_OTHER:UNTHINKABLE]  [ETHIC:MAKE_TROPHY_SAPIENT:UNTHINKABLE] will not stop them.

Hmm should it be considered bug about some useless ethics in fortress mode?
I must call Bullock here.  I've modded EAT and MAKE_TROPHY for my dwarves ever since I started.  They will more than happily wear elf leather and eat prepared elf brains.  I am NOT sure what [PET] and SLAVERY will do to taming status or anything else, but I DO know that a dead elf is an edible elf with some ethics changes.

Syrup Roast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2011, 12:38:34 pm »

You can even butcher AND COOK/EAT dwarven castes without changing ethics (just remove the INTELLIGENT tag).
They have that?
My answer to just about everything is magma. In fact, most threads end up with me running in screaming it 

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2011, 12:46:01 pm »

You can even butcher AND COOK/EAT dwarven castes without changing ethics (just remove the INTELLIGENT tag).
They have that?
Dumb Dorf Burgers,

GET YOURS TODAY!

G D

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2011, 12:12:49 am »

Well yes this is what i am talking about: if they dont have CAN_SPEAK or INTELLIGENT (INTELLIGENT = CAN_CIV+CAN_SPEAK+CAN_LEARN) they will be just pets.

But if they have can_speak then dwarfs will butcher them but not eat them or craft something from them. Even if dwarfs have acceptable for every ETHIC.

I tested this only on elves you bring on embark not on elves from actual civ.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4395 here my creature_standard.txt
and also here:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

[COMMON_DOMESTIC][TRAINABLE][PET] added to them.
So they listed as available pets on embark. Dwarfs can bring them on embark and butcher them but then move all prepeared elf brains to corpse stockpile instead of food stockpile.

I DO know that a dead elf is an edible elf with some ethics changes.
Can you please show me raws for this? Because i cant see this effect on my dwarfs.

I am pretty sure that this can be done by removing intelligent(or can_speak)from elves
Just make a dwarf caste with PET COMMON_DOMESTIC, remove INTELLIGENT, and you'll be making dwarf burgers for dinner. They will eat them and everything, even though it is the same race.

But if they intelligent changing ethics have no effect.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 01:10:50 am by G D »

Lytha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2011, 04:41:18 am »

I think the problem with the ethic tokens is that they don't really seem to come into effect when you edit them after you already generated your world. At least that is how I explain my case of failed production of lavish elf brain roasts - that also only worked after I removed the INTELLIGENT from the elves.

It may work with the INTELLIGENT token still in place and just the ETHICS modified when you do this before you gen a new world. I don't really know.
Lytha likes fire clay, rose gold, green glass, bags, the colour midnight blue, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, she prefers to consume tea and cow cheese.

G D

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2011, 04:55:39 am »

Yes i know about problems with changing raws 'on the fly' so i always generate new world to check ethics effect. And yes they can butcher even intelligent creatures, but cant use their meat or bones.

Of course they can do anything to not so intelligent creatures.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 05:01:55 am by G D »
Pages: 1 [2]