Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: No dwarven lashers ?  (Read 510 times)

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
No dwarven lashers ?
« on: May 14, 2011, 04:37:06 am »

So I decided to improve my 4-dwarf military, (which still kicks a lot of ass) by adding two peasants to it. For variety, one has a superior quality bronze morningstar and the other has a no quality steel flail, both picked from the putrid blendec siege that raped a caravan and got stopped by my 4-dwarf military.

I put them into my danger room, and they both become macedwarves. I was expecting one lasher, but nope. Though I get attacked by enemy lashers, why is he gaining macedwarf skill with it's flail and no lasher skill ?

Halnoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Plan for the Worst. Hope for the Best. Have Fun!
    • View Profile
Re: No dwarven lashers ?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 04:39:41 am »

I think you need a whip

Edit: Yup just checked flails are listed as mace skill. To get lashers you need whips or scourges.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 04:41:58 am by Halnoth »
One of the dwarfs walked in front of Thor to get a better view of the prye, and Thor kicked him irritably into the middle of the flames, which made Thor feel slightly better and made all the dwarfs feel much worse.

Cloth Armor Mod http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=158967.msg7063531#msg7063531

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2011, 04:46:03 am »

He's gaining mace skill because the flail is basically a mace. But a bit floppier.
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2011, 05:15:02 am »

God damn it, I confused scourge with flail.

It's basically the same weapon anyways, just with more heads :P

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2011, 05:28:12 am »

It's basically the same weapon anyways, just with more heads

That's what my adventurer thought about hydras... God he was wrong... ;)
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.