Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: world gen dam  (Read 403 times)

Halnoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Plan for the Worst. Hope for the Best. Have Fun!
    • View Profile
world gen dam
« on: May 13, 2011, 02:56:19 am »

So, I have been trying for a few hours to gen a world with a world gen bridge across a major river, preferably with a canyon. However, all of the world gen roads and bridges are jacked up. Most just jut out over the river and miss the other side by about 3 tiles or if the land is not the same height the bridge goes as far as the opposite bank and stops and the road continues underneath it...

Soooo after hours of trying to find this specific set of circumstances I came across something awesome. The bridge that was generated was generated at the level of the water in the river. There are even ramps going down to the bridge and then back up. The road is perfectly formed otherwise but the damn bridge has blocked the flow of the river.

Now given this turn of events I think I might build a fort in the middle of the quickly draining river and then unblock the flow.

I think DF just got tired of me genning worlds but instead of just giving me what I wanted it gave me this gem. It's like finding a 20 in your pant pocket you didn't know you had when all you really wanted was a dollar for a soda.
One of the dwarfs walked in front of Thor to get a better view of the prye, and Thor kicked him irritably into the middle of the flames, which made Thor feel slightly better and made all the dwarfs feel much worse.

Cloth Armor Mod http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=158967.msg7063531#msg7063531