Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: So uh.... Bronze Colossi...  (Read 1091 times)

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
So uh.... Bronze Colossi...
« on: May 12, 2011, 10:57:21 pm »

When did they stop being trapavoid? Coz one just stumbled into a wooden cage, and last time (granted it's been a while) he stumbled through my entire fort's collective skulls.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: So uh.... Bronze Colossi...
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 10:59:22 pm »

Native creatures are always trapavoid, so if you embarked on the lair of a colossus then it's immune.  If one has invaded, then it's fair game.

ext0l

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 11:00:34 pm »

They never were trap avoid.
Titans and megabeasts are trapavoid. BC, ettins, giants, cyclopses?, rocs, and dragons are not

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 11:05:13 pm »

They never were trap avoid.
Titans and megabeasts are trapavoid. BC, ettins, giants, cyclopses?, rocs, and dragons are not
Dragons and bronze colossi are megabeasts though  :P

The true answer is that randomly-generated megabeasts, including both titans and forgotten beasts, have trapavoid. Meanwhile, the megabeasts that are present in the raws aren't.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 11:15:40 pm »

I had no idea there was a difference. Live and learn, I suppose.

He wandered up a bit before a goblin siege and got trapped after I rallied everyone up to him. Then when the siege showed up I had to  send my 13 legendary dwarf army out to save the caravan (dwarven, elves would have been on their own) and my starting 7 milita commander and the oldest veteran both died by dodging into the same 1-tile mud puddle and drowning.

So... it's either let my two favorite soldiers go and use the BC on hell, or savescum and probably get something lame like an ettin.

*sigh*
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.

ext0l

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2011, 11:16:34 pm »

looks like I mixed up the megabeasts with the semimegabeasts again.  :(

http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Semimegabeast#Special
wiki is always right  ;)

Duntada Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2011, 01:23:37 pm »

I don't know, I've had one bronze colossi show up and start raping face across my lands by wearing helmits on his hands as boxing gloves, my <<+=Serrated Steel Disk=+>> traps never triggered on him, and he drunkenly punched his way through 4 different walls of cage traps before I fled the fortress. Are you sure they can never be immune to traps?
Girlinhat: The biggest issue seems to be size.  A 1x1 room would allow for maximum child desecration.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2011, 01:34:52 pm »

Well on a previous fort my wagon stopped 20 tiles from a hydra that had no problem evading all the entrance traps when the trade liaison made it angry. Since it was there on embark, that seems to indicate the lair explanation above is correct.

So far that's the biggest thing that's wandered onto my map so far, but I do have a pair of giants and a cyclops that got caged as well.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2011, 01:43:34 pm »

but I do have a pair of giants and a cyclops that got caged as well.

Giants (size 9.000.000) are bigger than hydras (size 8.000.000) but hydras have more heads, so their attacks are more likely to be deadly bites, and you cannot easily decapitate them, making them (hydras) much more dangerous.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2011, 06:01:00 pm »

Anything native on the map is trapavoid.  When you embark on top of a lair, then you've embarked on a native creature and the normal rules don't apply.  Any non-random creature which approaches from the edge of the map can be trapped.