Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: Slaughtergorges- Terrifying Glacier Succession Fort (overseers wanted!)  (Read 15227 times)

Machinesquid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Slaughtergorges- Terrifying Glacier Succession Fort (24 hour turns)
« Reply #75 on: June 16, 2011, 01:30:55 pm »

I wanna play. Gonna take a minute to figure out when I can expect a turn. ;)

JohnnyDigs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Slaughtergorges- Terrifying Glacier Succession Fort (24 hour turns)
« Reply #76 on: June 16, 2011, 03:41:43 pm »

Nice to see the fort back to life. I'll update the list in the front page.

blah28722

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Put me in for another year, please!

TomIrony

• Bay Watcher
  • Blood, Stone and Ash
    • View Profile

I was only able to play a few months, enough time to try a project and fail, but I have to pass it along now as I won't be able to play it again for a few days.

Here it is!

21st Opal, 10

"The screaming's stopped."

The others looked up. It was the first time Inod had spoken in years, ever since he lost his family to the madness that had claimed so many. Inod, a miner, had been away when the madness hit, and the loss of his loved ones had a devastating effect.

"Uh, yeah, there's no more screaming." Datan was cautious to agree; Inod had that faraway look in his eye that usually preceded those strange, irresistible moods that brought visions of exotic artefacts.

Instead of locking himself away or making insane demands, he just said: "I have an idea."

4th Obsidian, 10

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"What are we building?"

"Beats me, but Inod seems to have a pretty clear picture in his head. At least he didn't take over a workshop, this time."

18th Obsidian, 10

"Huh, so there's a water pump over to the left, and we have here a huge chamber now filled with magma..."

"... A super-forge?"

1st Granite, 11

"A floor with grates on them, above the magma."

"A... heated floor?"

17th Slate, 11

"Where were you?"

"I was busy building a corridor that'll pour water into the magma. What were you doing?"

"I was... attaching these ropes near these grates... uh..."

19th Slate, 11

Inod had ordered goblins be tied to the ropes and then pulled all the levers while confused and terrified dwarfs worked the pumps. Magma slogged into the lower chambers as water poured in from the side, the two of them colliding with a hiss as super-heated steam shot upwards through the grates.

Unfortunately, Inod had miscalculated. His intention to cook the goblins alive with super-heated steam was ineffectual; there was only enough steam to create a sauna, and a crappy one at that.

So what else was there to do but kill them then and there?

So that was my little project: attempt to create a room where steam would shoot up and kill whoever was above, but all I did was create a really crappy prison over an obsidian-generator.

There were few notable events in my brief time here: a miner went kooky and built a throne, but otherwise, it was business as usual.

It is now 5th of Felsite, year 11.
Quote from: KodKod
Quote from: enizer
"unit list other: 248, all kobolds"
"Hunt them for sport.

The Least Dangerous Game."

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Add me to the overseer's list please, if the game is still active.
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

BrickT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Current turn orders

15.TomIrony- done
16.Machinesquid- current
17.blah28722
18. Farmerbob
19. Ahrimahn
20. BrickT
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 06:18:55 am by BrickT »

Machinesquid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Got it

Conan

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm running out of stone!
    • View Profile

I want in.

Dorf me as an axedorf. Preferably, he'll also be a broker. While carrying his axe, of course.

Ahrimahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would like to volunteer for a turn! Dorf me.

TomIrony

• Bay Watcher
  • Blood, Stone and Ash
    • View Profile
Re: Slaughtergorges- Terrifying Glacier Succession Fort
« Reply #85 on: June 22, 2011, 11:50:53 pm »

I am! I finished my turn. There's a link to the fortress right at the beginning of my last post.

It should be Machinesquid's turn now.
Quote from: KodKod
Quote from: enizer
"unit list other: 248, all kobolds"
"Hunt them for sport.

The Least Dangerous Game."

JohnnyDigs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 23, 2011, 06:15:49 pm »

Machinesquid went past the 3 day limit. Blah28722 can go ahead and continue from TomIrony's save.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 06:24:49 pm by JohnnyDigs »

BrickT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 25, 2011, 03:05:32 pm »

It doesn't look like blah28722 is responding.

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 25, 2011, 08:43:54 pm »

Oh my.  Quite the mess.  Will have to see what I can do to properly invite visitors into the fortress so their loot is all stored indoors.  I see some sort of massive megaproject below a windmill farm that looks liks some sort of 50x50 mist generator.  Will have to look more closely to see If I can figure it out.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 09:35:45 pm by Farmerbob »
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 25, 2011, 09:45:23 pm »

5th Felsite.

For some reason you mooks want me to run the place?

OK, fine by me.  First two projects:

1) Operation airtight.

2) Operation Crap Destroyer.

We are going to be creating a highly secure trap based fortress entry connected to a self sufficient bastion, as well as the rest of the fort.

Secondly, we're going to locate all item dumps and consolidate them centrally, then begin a atomsmashing program on goods that have no use, like the thousands of furniture pieces I see just sitting around all over the place.

** Second entry this date.  Apparently , the bookkeeper has no office, the captain of the guard wants a better office, and our current mayor needs just about everything, and is off screaming in the corner about windows.  Projects can wait, noble happiness comes first.

I see that BrickT has some nice digs, I'll build something for the mayor next door to it, for now.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 10:13:28 pm by Farmerbob »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9