Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Unfortunate Accidents  (Read 3492 times)

Mungrul

• Bay Watcher
  • Shambolic
    • View Profile
Re: Unfortunate Accidents
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2011, 05:37:07 am »

My slade-loving Duke got killed by an ambush while claiming some refuse from outside. Shame.
Do I get to choose a new duke when the liaison next visits?

Not quite as bad as my failed attempt to breach an aquifer using the pump method though. Lost a good 6 dwarves to that one as miners got sucked into the hole then dropped 5 levels. I'd previously successfully breached it using the cave-in method and was attempting to make a hole through levels for a vertical driveshaft. I resolved the situation by assigning EVERYONE to masonry duty and quickly walling up the spreading water on the bottom layer, which had been completely mined out.
Now I'm just going to add additional power to my pre-existing driveshaft that runs parallel to the main fortress staircase.

At least it was fun :)

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2011, 08:30:22 am »

I have a 3x3 room in my mayor's rooms. The center has a magma-proof lever, while the outer edges have floor hatches linked to the lever. When I don't like his mandates, I lock all outside doors and order the lever pulled.
The floor hatches go down, stranding him on that one tile. Above, the sound of a retracting bridge is heard. Magma rains down on his head until I am done laughing.
I love volcano embarks. They allow you to do all sorts of crazy stuff with magma.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2011, 08:54:36 am »

I had a Tax Collector back in 40d who loved Bismuth.  Every year he'd make multiple mandates for Bismuth items to be made.  The only way to fulfill a mandate for Bismuth is to smelt Bismuthinite, and I rapidly ran through the limited supplies I could find locally.  I ordered some from the traders, but that was an unreliable and limited supply, and he kept making bismuth mandates, for which my metalcrafters were being punished.  Eventually I built a lovely bridge from Bismuth bars and crushed him with it.  You love the stuff so much, you can become one with it forever.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2011, 10:01:03 am »

I had a Tax Collector back in 40d who loved Bismuth.  Every year he'd make multiple mandates for Bismuth items to be made.  The only way to fulfill a mandate for Bismuth is to smelt Bismuthinite, and I rapidly ran through the limited supplies I could find locally.  I ordered some from the traders, but that was an unreliable and limited supply, and he kept making bismuth mandates, for which my metalcrafters were being punished.  Eventually I built a lovely bridge from Bismuth bars and crushed him with it.  You love the stuff so much, you can become one with it forever.
FFFFFOOOOOOOORRRRREEEEEEVVVVVVVVEEEEEEERRRRRR
Pages: 1 [2]