Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Coming back to game  (Read 440 times)

paulrpg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Coming back to game
« on: May 12, 2011, 06:50:47 pm »

I used to play a lot back in 40d and recently got back into playing DF. I've gotten the hang of the new things that were added (new to me, such as hospitals, burrows, new military organisation and soap being useful). I'm just trying to think, what project to pursue.

The last big thing I was trying - as proof of concept was an intercontinental magmaduct (which worked nicely might I add) http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=44638.0

However now with lava being on most maps, this isn't as heavily needed. I remember people working on spaceship style fortresses which seemed interesting. But I don't want to jump head first into something massive, any suggestions for a project for someone coming back?

Cheers,
Paul.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Coming back to game
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 06:56:44 pm »

Utilize a very tall tower, with dropped wall sections as your primary means of defense.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 07:05:58 pm »

Convert a cavern into a city, deep roads for caravans to exits via the underground should be a priority, as should a forgotten beast zoo.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 07:59:27 pm »

Ah yes, caverns are new to DF2010.  I suggest you close your eyes and jump in.  It's dark, your eyes won't help you anyways.