Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 89

Author Topic: Evil Genius! -The End of Days.-  (Read 118939 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Genius! Week 1 now up.
« Reply #150 on: May 14, 2011, 12:33:48 am »

Can we use the resources we buy and the money we make from selling them in the same turn?

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 14, 2011, 12:38:07 am »

If you were to buy resources, you could use them the same turn. Or sell resources and use the cash that turn.
And, I'm going to allow this diabolical plan to swap your minions out and have better minions available next week.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 14, 2011, 12:41:48 am »

Well! We can use minions on the turn we swap them out!?! That might change a few things.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 14, 2011, 12:43:57 am »

Now were talking about minions.. how will it affect the morale to kill off a minion? Like in the game, or have you some entirely different plans?

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 14, 2011, 12:46:49 am »

Two concerns Happerry, A Lab costs 100 resources, so yer a bit shy.
Secondly, and this shouldnt need repeating but..Scientists and Technicians, Or any minion with the Enhance Base use type allowed.
In addition, Hastur, Minions cannot be used during the week they are hired.

Man, do I feel stupid right now. Back to scavenging more resources it is.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 14, 2011, 12:46:59 am »

Cript, some Clarity for you: You can use your minions then swap them, you can't use the swapped ones till the next week
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 14, 2011, 12:48:22 am »

Well, swapping minions like that will likely prove to be very expensive in the long run, So I suppose its not all upside.
For a good reason? Your minions may gain some measure of respect for you. Not taking any crap and all that. Keep doing it? Your minions may not act for fear of risking your displeasure. Or flee for greener pastures where there isnt all this killing!

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 14, 2011, 12:51:50 am »

Its always more cost effective to train than to hire new

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 14, 2011, 12:53:44 am »

Its always more cost effective to train than to hire new

In the long long long long (long) run.

Until goons and rooms get their upgrade that is.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 14, 2011, 01:03:22 am »

Well, lucky for me with the minion cap in place I can not spam a ton of minions, so it is not like I am going to use that 5k.

Fankie Fredaron reached out with his knife and slowly poked it in slightly, making a small hole in the skin. Then he delicately slid he knife in the hole and proceeded to peel back the skin. Eventually the piece he was pulling sipped away from the rest of the skin, leaving him with a small patch, about only about one or two square inches. This he regarded in the bright yellow light before he popped it in his mouth and started to chew. After swallowing the patch of skin he reinserted the knife and started to peel another piece off.

"Heh. That's a weird way to eat a sausage boss!" Chimed in Joey.

Fankie looked up over his plate of sausage links laying in a bed of fettuccine as a grin split his face.

"Yeah Joey. I suppose it is. I mean, I like the skin, and I like the meat. But I don't like them together, you know what I mean?"

"Boss, I would not care if you ate with your hands if you can cook a meal this good!" Said Michael as he finished off his third plate.

"Thank's Michael, the best complement a chief can get is some one eating so much food! There is more if you want it, I made enough for a army."

With that Fankie leaned back in his chair and unbuckled his belt with a sigh of contentment.

"So, how we doing boss? It's been a week since we entered town. You like it here? I find the peace and quitet sorta nice." Asked Mikey.

"Well boys. We are doing pretty well. We got a bunch of the shop keeps paying us for 'protection.'"

At that he takes out a fat stack of cash and splits it six ways, one big pile and five small piles.

"Here are your guys cut. Hit the town and all. Have fun! The rest is going back into the business.

We also got that guy you and Tony snatched, and I think I can 'make him a offer he can not refuse' so he should be working for us soon. I am going to have him build a little area in the basement for his use, then install some 'surprises' with some stuff I am having flown in from Chicago. That should stop any pigs from thinking about coming around here, even if they grow the balls to mess with us.

Hell, with all the toys I am getting for this guy, maybe he will feel a bit better about the whole kidnapping thing... And if not... Well the river can take some more barrels. Hah hah hah!"

After the laughter died down the six men got back to their eating and there was little talk until the last plate was licked clean. Then Fankie leaned forward and a hush came over the room.

"Okay boys. I got some jobs that need done in this town. Mikey, Joey, Tony, and Big Michael, lately it has come to my attention that there are some small time gangs running around in town. Nothing huge, just some petty theft and drug selling. I want you guys to go out and make sure they know that we are in town now and we own this join. Hell, let everyone know. You guys go out and make sure they know they work for me. Anyone who resists gets a beating and a day to leave town. Oh. And make sure you shut down any drug operations in town, we got to think of the kids! Now go crack some skulls."

"Er. Hey! What about me boss? What do you want me to do?" said Nikki.

"Hey, Nikki boy. I got a special job for you. I am going to have to get a lot of stuff flown down from Chicago in the next couple of months. I want you to go out there and make sure no one tries to screw me. You remember 'Gums' Alfredo? Your going be staying with him for a bit."

"Heh. Sure boss, sounds like fun."

"Good on yeah. Give Gums all my love. Now get to it you goons. I am going to go have a 'chat' with our 'guest.'" Fankie  said as he twirled his knife.

Spoiler: Turn 2 (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 03:29:58 pm by Criptfeind »

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 14, 2011, 01:18:28 am »

Trades are basically events between players. You need to set up the place, time, security. (hint: yes, we plan to get involved)
-They're not instant

Also: You don't need a tech to build a laser. unless specified, Research invented toys are cheap to build and wont hinder research attempts themselves
-If you did, you only have 1, he couldn't do both build and enhance

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 14, 2011, 01:31:27 am »

Yeah, its not instant. But you can make the handoff this week, and use those traded things next week if the handoff goes well.
Well you need plans. Giant lasers dont just grow on trees, or spring fully formed from machine parts.
This trade seems to be, you'll get the plans, but not the resultant research.
The research might be more valuable. But hey thats me.

Also, Yes, -MOST- research toys can be quickly produced after the initial plans are made. So your technician could build the laser, or a regular, Or really anyone.
If it takes time to build one, That time will be noted.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 01:36:06 am by Terenos »

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 14, 2011, 01:49:10 am »

Yeah, its not instant. But you can make the handoff this week, and use those traded things next week if the handoff goes well.
Well you need plans. Giant lasers dont just grow on trees, or spring fully formed from machine parts.
This trade seems to be, you'll get the plans, but not the resultant research.
The research might be more valuable. But hey thats me.

Also, Yes, -MOST- research toys can be quickly produced after the initial plans are made. So your technician could build the laser, or a regular, Or really anyone.
If it takes time to build one, That time will be noted.

Yes, only giving over a copy of the blueprints. If they want the research, they'll need to pay just a wee bit more. And I'm planning on just selling blueprints mainly anyway, because then if people decide they don't want to pay, they'll have to start from scratch to catch up.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 14, 2011, 01:50:32 am »

This is a very good plan. Blueprints are cheap. Research is valuable.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 14, 2011, 01:55:40 am »

Also, if it matters, at our current low level of Notoriety, I'm just fedexing the plans to an address people chose.
Forenia Forever!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 89