Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 89

Author Topic: Evil Genius! -The End of Days.-  (Read 118809 times)

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Genius! Week 18 now up.
« Reply #1020 on: July 24, 2011, 09:28:42 pm »

Things are progressing nicely, I see.  :D

Sorry I haven't been around lately; been dealing with computer issues and just got over being sick as hell a few days ago. Still have need of my services for conceptual work, Terenos/Cyber?

If not, I'll probably throw myself up on the waiting list and see if I can squeeze myself in and you all will RUE THE DAY you dare challenge me!

Also, I've been meaning to ask; what are your future plans for the system, as it develops (since this game is essentially beta-testing it)?
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: July 24, 2011, 09:43:39 pm »

Ye..sthats within your power Taricus. Yknow, if the world wasn't well aware of your theft of it.
Yer more than welcome to keep firing ideas at me Hail. I appreciate reading what you come up with.

Well we're effectively fleshing out the concepts, tech trees, minion types, henchmen, even traits and archetypes. And balancing math. After that (proly run it 3-more times here), we'll plug our data and math into the shell that Cyber's coding up. And work it into an online real time strategy game.

Also, keep in mind anyone on the waiting list gets a free pass into the 2nd round.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: July 24, 2011, 09:46:02 pm »

What, they wouldn't accept it being "returned"?  ;D
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: July 24, 2011, 09:47:19 pm »

Well..You could always create an inflatable one tobe stolen off you *Nods solemnly back to the original Evil Genius game*

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: July 24, 2011, 09:48:20 pm »

Hehe.

Or maybe I can sell the fake one ;D
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: July 24, 2011, 10:42:10 pm »

All parties interested in the contents of my base should report to the dungeon for interrogation.  I need more test subjects.

Turn tomorrow AM- I must ponder.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: July 24, 2011, 10:57:37 pm »

Well we're effectively fleshing out the concepts, tech trees, minion types, henchmen, even traits and archetypes. And balancing math. After that (proly run it 3-more times here), we'll plug our data and math into the shell that Cyber's coding up. And work it into an online real time strategy game.

This is exactly what I was hoping to hear, and it is absolutely a thing that should happen.

Expect me to start bombarding you two with PMs again tomorrow-ish.  :P
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: July 24, 2011, 11:19:31 pm »

Yay, I might actualyl get in now, since i recall joining in, when there were only two on the waitlist. WOOO HOO! Evil is afoot.
This is Dwarf Fortress! If we can chuck magma at innocent wildlife, we can do ANYTHING!

It was at this point that I realised that dwarves are actually the essence of chaos. What else can make perpetual motion machines, recursive statues with more building materials than the average tower and has such a short attention span that a damn fine chair can off-set the death of their entire family.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: July 25, 2011, 07:09:49 am »

"Ah, Reginald honey! I have an idea..."

Spoiler: Black Industries (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 10:45:10 am by Kashyyk »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: July 25, 2011, 08:46:54 am »

Attention evildoers!

I am in the market for any invention that takes resources to build and is persistent- items in the vein of Laser Rifles (which I already have), base improvements, or others.  Specifically, I would like:

Assistive Aiming Devices
Energy Shielding Devices
Arc Rifles
AP Turrets

I may also be interested in others for the right price.

Turn soonish.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: July 25, 2011, 09:09:45 am »

What are you offering in exchange? Be aware I'll be expecting large amounts of cash.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: July 25, 2011, 09:51:27 am »

What are you offering in exchange? Be aware I'll be expecting large amounts of cash.

Any of my chemistry or robotics techs, the Aberration tech, or cash.  Maybe the Heart Urn of the Pharaoh for the right tech(s).

How much is a large amount?  I have just shy of 2.5k now, but I expect more to come in this turn.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: July 25, 2011, 10:13:21 am »

Terenos:  I must have had some awesome rolls to get over five points of research in one turn.  Are there diminishing returns giving fewer points the deeper you are into a field?

Also hey- my cash, spider drone, and laser rifles fell off again:  they should be 3200, 3, and 5, respectively.

Lord Thrakor seemed pleased.  The research into the human mind was beginning to bear fruit- one day it would unlock the key to ruling everyone.  Thrakor had an inborn way with words and convincing people, but so much more could be done.

He approached the podium to address his disciples, as he did every week at this time.

"I am pleased with your progress, my children.  We continue to make progress.  I'd like to thank our researchers for their continued efforts for the cause."

"As for this week, doubtless you have heard of the plans involving a vault raid.  We are indeed going to execute this plan.  Those of you assigned to the mission have been notified.  All others, you should have your orders as well."

"Go in thought, my children.  Soon the time will be ours."

Lord Thrakor returned to his chamber.  There were other plans to attend to.

Spoiler: Orders (click to show/hide)

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: July 25, 2011, 10:29:48 am »

I blame distractions. Dozens of them. I'll go double check yer turn.
Edit: I see the problem, I updated the forum post after making an error but never updated my text file I use for getting all the turn data together. *cough* Yeah. That was a tad well done of me.

Yeah, Your rolls for research were frankly amazing. Not a one under 85. Diminishing returns are possible but I'm far too lazy for that level of math. Things slow down a bit certainly but not in any rigidly defined way.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 10:35:54 am by Terenos »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: July 25, 2011, 10:48:44 am »

For the Passive Biology upgrades and the High Powered Sedative, I'll trade you the schematics for the AP Turrets. Or you could give me $2000  :P
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 89