Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 175

Author Topic: Deathgate - And We Must Scream (Finished Succession Game)  (Read 859299 times)

Mobotium

• Bay Watcher
  • I dont know who you are.
    • View Profile
Re: Deathgate - A Legacy of Horrible Things! (Succession Game)
« Reply #1500 on: February 19, 2012, 07:03:22 am »

I think I remember someone building it as a throne room a while back, not sure though...
Yes he is... So the countess will never bread?
If she doesnt bread, let her cake.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: February 19, 2012, 10:25:15 am »

So, I'm pretty sure I read my dorf biting it(AGAIN! What is it, 5 times now?), so if you can redorf me(In fact, how bout I just say a permanent redorf request).

Oh, and about DGII, I'm down for that, I'd even request starting 7 status!
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: February 19, 2012, 10:56:58 am »

Yeah the big water-filled room was suppose to be my (and Armok's) throne room from my second turn.  The water was unintended but eventually was incorporated into the design.

On a side note, it seems the front demon logo, which is attached to noodle's photobucket, has exceeded its bandwidth.  I'll try to fix this ASAP.

Edit:
Logo issue has been fixed.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 12:11:12 pm by AnimaRytak »
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: February 19, 2012, 09:19:15 pm »

The best part about that demon logo is that the magma behind the eyes isn't 7/7 any more, it's 6/7 with a lot of flowing 7/7 spaces, providing a creepy little twinkling effect.

EDIT: What in god's name have I done. like 70% of the adult population now has demon sickness blisters. Thank Armok it's pretty benign or I WOULD be the one to have ended Deathgate. Causes yellow wounded feet, though...

« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 09:46:37 pm by kefkakrazy »
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

scaliper

• Bay Watcher
  • He Who Scalips
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: February 19, 2012, 09:34:59 pm »

Big news, y'all! I found another t-shirt supplier that can do the shirts at $23 each! Unfortunately, there are still some issues to sort through, but I think it could be possible to get a template put together. Give me a PM if you're interested. If I get 4 others, I'll send them a message and see what I can do!
You don't get a hell of a lot of use out of minions when the standard training regimen outputs quadriplegics.
Unless you load the quadruplegics into catapults and fire them on the enemy.
First person to record farming in HFS, and in a community fort no less!

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: February 20, 2012, 09:22:49 am »

I'm think Deathgate might be more evil than Boatmurdered.  The constant battle with demons, goblins, and forgotten beasts, the meatgrinder military where the average lifespan is a month, numerous violently insane overseers who have preformed various crimes against dwarfanity, a foul, blistering blight that is slowly infecting every inhabitant, numerous reality-warping power devices throughout the fortress, and more dead bodies than you can poke with a stick.  Really, even considering the in-universe history of the world, Deathgate is damn evil.

And I wouldn't have it any other way.

DGII will be worse... oh yes my friends it will be worse.

It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: February 20, 2012, 09:31:09 am »

Wait, what exactly is this blight? An FB syndrome that just went everywhere? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: February 20, 2012, 10:19:07 am »

It's a demon syndrome, which I THINK appears to be a product primarily of the monkey brutes. A few of the older military dwarves, and a couple others, actually have/had full-body blistering because of it, but for the rest of the fortress it's just on the feet.

It does not appear to have any horrible side effects thus far, just painful blisters. If half the fort drops dead, then, well, I was wrong.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: February 20, 2012, 02:09:08 pm »

It's Battlefailed all over again it seems.  At least its only one syndrome coating the floors and not eleven billion different ones.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: February 20, 2012, 07:39:31 pm »

It's a demon syndrome, which I THINK appears to be a product primarily of the monkey brutes. A few of the older military dwarves, and a couple others, actually have/had full-body blistering because of it, but for the rest of the fortress it's just on the feet.

It does not appear to have any horrible side effects thus far, just painful blisters. If half the fort drops dead, then, well, I was wrong.

This is why we can't have nice things in Hell - Kefkakrazy fills them with infections demon bile  :P.  So how many dwarves have rotting feet at the moment?  Sounds like it's spreading through the fort or something.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: February 20, 2012, 09:00:30 pm »

A bunch of the non-named dwarves have it. Let me see if I can give a list, at least, of the named dorfs with rotting feet.

Ouroboros
The Mad Fool
Kenbo (full body blistering)
Tryrar (he's also badly crippled, I may have to redorf)
ThatAussieDwarf
Jocgame
Frying Doby

All of those except Kenbo have blistered feet.

I counted about 28 dwarves in all with blisters, meaning that over a third of our dwarves have demon sickness.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: February 20, 2012, 09:40:26 pm »

Is my dorf dead?  Or just lucky enough to escape the blisters?
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: February 20, 2012, 10:16:50 pm »

remind me your dorf's name? I don't have a NRDL on here.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: February 20, 2012, 10:22:09 pm »

Baelor.  It is always Baelor. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: February 20, 2012, 10:55:49 pm »

Baelor is alive and unblistered.

I haven't had any named dorfs die since the last update.
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 175