Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 175

Author Topic: Deathgate - And We Must Scream (Finished Succession Game)  (Read 859384 times)

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile
Re: Deathgate - Successful Hell Colonization! (Succession Game)
« Reply #1005 on: November 02, 2011, 09:20:10 am »

lol.

I guess my line has died out too eh?
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

Alex the Destroyer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: November 02, 2011, 04:05:53 pm »

lol.

I guess my line has died out too eh?

Nope, you are survived by two daughters. One's a peasant and the other is in the military. I just didn't mention it because it was besides the point that Noodle's cursed.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 04:09:50 pm by Alex the Destroyer »

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: November 02, 2011, 04:16:13 pm »

oh, lucky me.
keep your mits off my daughters noodle xP
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: November 02, 2011, 06:36:11 pm »

This might go nicely into the front page as a spoiler for easier access for everyone.

Spoiler tag would probably mess with the look of the timeline.  I did put a perma-link to it under fan contributions though.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

Alex the Destroyer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: November 02, 2011, 09:30:14 pm »

3rd Hematite

The construction of the two new wells in the Magma fort dormitories have taken much longer than expected. One of the miners accidentally dug into the magma seas and fell straight into that great ocean. Ever since the incident it has taken me day and night to convince the miners that it's still safe to dig out the water pipes. I’ve ordered the dedication of a stone slab to the fallen miner at the well he perished at but no one in the fort seems to remember his name. At least no one will miss him.

On another note the two workers have starved to death in hell. Their bodies started rotting last month in a huge ploom of miasma. Perhaps their corpses will attract more demons… We’ll wait for recovery for the purpose of science.

Note to self: dwarven bodies are completely incinerated when submerged in magma. Future uses?

10 Hematite

A forgotten beast has appeared. I have ordered his capture for research purposes.
 Unfortunately Conan II, the work order manager, has told me that this is impossible. At least the beast is isolated away from the fort in caverns.

The resident "Noticer of Things" ,Sekra tells me, has apparently complained of the smell of miasma in the fort. The smell must be from the bodies in Hell.

12 Hematite

My assistant has bothered me about some fool who has made a pair of earrings. Damn! These wells will never finished if I keep on getting interrupted at this rate.

Note to self: incinerate fool and earrings after future dwarven incinerator is constructed.

13 Hematite

Another forgotten beast has appeared, this time in hell, obviously attracted by the miasma of the two dead workers. We need to come up with a use for these beasts. Perhaps a zoo?

20 Hematite:

A strand extractor has been reported missing in the lower tunnels connecting to one of the cavern layers. Probably eaten by cave crocodiles. Future food source?  On another note the damned wells are about half finished. I’ve been spending so much time directing the miners to dig through the warm rock above the magma seas that I haven’t had time for much else.

21 Hematite

The whole fortress has gone into an uproar. Osod, the forgotten beast has found a way into the fortress and is chasing dwarves up and down the grand staircase! I’ve ordered the military to the area but there’s such chaos that no one can seem to pinpoint where he is at any time.

22 Hematite:

The military returned earlier this morning reporting that by the time they arrived that the forgotten beast was already gone. I’ve gone through the reports over and about 4 dwarves claim to have encountered him and fought him (Al, Likot, Athel, and the Mad Fool)  but no one admits to slaying the beast. It isn’t just that no one claims to have slayed him but no one seems to be able to tell me where his corpse is. Either a forgotten beast has disappeared into thin air IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FORTRESS or every one of those dwarves are lying to me! Moldath damn them! If this is one of the Mad Fool’s tricks I’ll have him dumped into the magma seas! I can only imagine the twisted experiments that quack is doing on the beast.

Note to self: order Mad Fool to construct incinerator and then promptly incinerate self. Damn that fool!

23 Hematite:

Moldath damn it! We’re out of buckets! A hole has been opened straight into the magma seas pouring magma into the well pipes and no one can find any buckets to cool the magma down. Sekra tells me we have 43 buckets in the fort and apparently not a single dwarf has thought of using one of them. This has been a miserable month!

Note to self: tons of corpses and skulls but no buckets? Is there a way to solve both problems at once? Contract Conan II to get it done or his burning corpse in the magma seas.

26 Hematite:

The military has repeatedly complained of long patrol duty. A dwarf, apparently named Edmus, has personally complained to me. This shouldn't be a problem since nearly a quarter of our fortress is in the military. I have ordered their rations doubled until I get around to fixing the problem.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 10:08:16 pm by Alex the Destroyer »

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what would happen if I pull it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: November 03, 2011, 02:04:25 am »

Check the hospital.
Chances are all the buckets are there with stagnant water in them.
This happens whenever your dwarves give water to injured dwarves.
It's a bug which makes buckets unusable, but you can get around it by designating the buckets to be hauled to a trade depot.
Once you've hauled the buckets, un-designate them and then you can use the buckets once again.

edit: read my own post and felt that it doesn't sound very clear.

Usually, when your dwarves give water to injured dwarves in the hospital, the injured dwarf doesn't always drink all of the water, which means that there is usually some extra useless "stagnant" water left over.
Dwarves unfortunately are not quite intelligent enough to automatically dump out the extra water which means that buckets with stagnant water or anything that isn't either milk or ordinary water inside them will be rendered unusable.

One way around this is just to make more buckets, but that consumes resources and gets kinda annoying when you have +100 buckets full of useless stagnant water lying around.

The simplest non-hacking way to get the buckets to work again is to:
1. Wait for a merchant caravan to come.
2. Select the trade depot and order all your buckets to be sent to the trade depot.
3. Your dwarves will now dump out the stagnant water in the buckets
4. Once you have all of the buckets at the trade depot, just deselect them for trade and they'll become usable again.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 05:11:09 am by noodle0117 »

mideg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: November 03, 2011, 09:10:11 am »

It's been a while and since my first dwarf got mad - well, let's say more mad then usual - I'd like to be dorfed again, as mideg II. Profession is not important.
Oh I love it how SG lowers your expectations.
"Nobody too important died" sounds like a huge success to me now.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: November 03, 2011, 10:21:12 am »

I see the Noticer of Things is still alive and complaining

Blead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: November 03, 2011, 05:36:21 pm »

@ Aussie,

How good of you to.. notice.. that.
NOT a friendly dwarf.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: November 04, 2011, 11:25:16 pm »

Nice fort. :3
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Algeroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: November 06, 2011, 02:32:07 pm »

How is Al doing after encountering a FB?

Hazael

• Bay Watcher
  • Life goes on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: November 06, 2011, 03:02:16 pm »

Can I be dorfed too? I'd like a militaristic dwarf with the name "Tacobell" please!  :D

And on the front line.
"Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves." -Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom is never voluntarily given by the oppressor; it must be demanded by the oppressed." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Israel was not created in order to disappear - Israel will endure and flourish. It is the child of hope and the home of the brave. It can neither be broken by adversity nor demoralized by success. It carries the shield of democracy and it honors the sword of freedom." -John F. Kennedy

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: November 07, 2011, 05:52:38 pm »

Viva la Deathgagte.

Btw, we need more overseers.  Should we run out of overseers with no one else in the list, I will likely start cycling through a personal list of overseers who have done epic stuff for the fort. 
I won't be able to take a turn for a good long while however.  I'm doing NaNoWriMo currently and Skyrim comes out this Friday.  So my time will be quite consumed for the rest of the month.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

KenboCalrissian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: November 07, 2011, 08:19:11 pm »

I know there's an immediate need, I'm neglecting my own fort, and all I know about the current version I've learned by reading Deathgate, but I'm so tempted... I definitely can't now, I'm preparing for job interviews and eventually moving to a new city.  Perhaps in a month or two, I'd feel up for the task.
I've never tried it and there's a good chance it could make them freak out.
Do it.
Severedcoils - the Baron Consort accumulation challenge
Severedcoils II: The Reckoning - a DnD 5e Adventure set in the world of Severedcoils

Alex the Destroyer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: November 08, 2011, 01:41:40 am »

Hey sorry for the lack of updates. I've been redoing a bunch on pause and this fortress makes my head spin. I literally discover a new tunnel complex every time I play. I'll get an update up in the next few days.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 175