Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1055 1056 [1057] 1058 1059 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1269458 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends - Patch 5.1 - Open the Gates
« Reply #15840 on: December 16, 2016, 02:23:19 am »

Yeah, it's a little weird, especially annoying when you want to jump into a custom and figure out how your dude's abilities work.

I've gotten startled as fuck.  I have a weird kind of tilt I get into where I get too scared to do anything and I avoid fighting even when I can win.  I'm going back to my core comfort zone champs to try to play back into a better mindset.

Nasus is still dope, obviously.  Haven't gotten a chance to play Wukong yet but I can't imagine he's bad.  They did the Bad Thing and gave Malz an unbalanceable ability so he's pretty undertuned but I'm low enough it doesn't matter.  I should probably figure out a second comfort zone mid.   Maybe Brand.
Shoes...

Tyler6498

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15841 on: December 16, 2016, 02:48:03 pm »

Oh cool, people. Mid/Top primary who was Silver 3 last season, first season i've ever played, willing to Jungle too.
I like to play Kayle, Ryze, Poppy, a little Twisted Fate and been getting to work on throwing Malphite, Nasus, Cho-gath and Lux onto my belt.
Used to Donger a ton, but after the horrors of fighting a smurf Malphite I do it much less often.

TribliTribli if anyone wants to play sometime.
I play adventure mode because it's hard and when I play, I am too.
I believe we're talking about full scale colonisation here.  You don't just leave all your shit in the van when you move house.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15842 on: December 18, 2016, 09:54:07 am »

Ranked, got a team that suffered greatly from "we're inside the enemy base and they still have 20 second on their death times but we want to do baron, lel" syndrome. Almost lost three times in a row because the team was so damn obsessed about that purple phallus that they would literally refuse to take the nexus towers just to go back halfway across the map to kill it.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #15843 on: December 19, 2016, 02:55:19 pm »

I just started.
This is horrible but also addictive. I keep saying "For the Omnissiah" every time I kill someone as Jayce. I say it a lot.

That's cool and I'm glad you're having fun but you should at least be informed that Jayce is literally Hitler.  Huge poke, strong disengage, and good gap-closing when you're down far enough.  The only real saving grace is that he's squishy and if you gank him he can only knock one of you back.

I'm still sticking to normals till I've shaken the rust off.  Mostly playing Darius and Poppy, might swap Poppy for Irelia though.
Shoes...

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15844 on: January 25, 2017, 02:43:02 pm »

The Warwick rework is live. Basically he gains an AoE fear and his ult is now a skillshot dash (range scales with movespeed) - you can prep the fear before the ult for a strong teamfight initiation.
 I watched the first week of the LCS spring split, and the major change there is a switch to 10 bans with a more DotA-ish champ select - 6 bans/6 picks/4 bans/4 picks.

Anybody else still playing leg?
Yeah, I try to play 1-3 ranked games a day. I'm very low elo so it's not exactly high pressure, mechanically intensive stress-fests, game is still enjoyable. Since we now have two ranked queues for the Rift, I use flex for a warm-up game, or to try out new champs. Soloqueue is serious business - there I bring out the Poppy/Viktor/Zyra and smash those bronze 3 kids (in theory).

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15845 on: January 26, 2017, 12:39:14 am »

also from the recent PBE patch build, there's a new blood moon themed game mode. its basically based around playing assasins, what counts as an assasin i dont know, but you can expect the typical picks. oh and its mostly about kill or be killed, nothing about tanking it seems.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15846 on: February 04, 2017, 04:42:56 pm »

Could somebody explain to me why Camille exists? I haven't run into her yet, but I've been watching the LCS and as near as I can tell she's a literal Fiora clone with more mobility and more true damage for some reason, who is also permabanned for being absurdly powerful and having no counters.

Did Rito want the pros to feel Bronze's pain at Yi or something?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15847 on: February 04, 2017, 06:16:19 pm »

Could somebody explain to me why Camille exists? I haven't run into her yet, but I've been watching the LCS and as near as I can tell she's a literal Fiora clone with more mobility and more true damage for some reason, who is also permabanned for being absurdly powerful and having no counters.

Did Rito want the pros to feel Bronze's pain at Yi or something?

if you're a squishy champion she can prove to be an annoyance unless you are a skirmisher like tryndamere or fiora. most of ther damage comes from a well timed Q and a leg sweep, worse if she got to land a hook on you.

however if you're a juggernaut you can counter her very easily, i didnt have a problem against her with Yorick for example. well, that time she was jungling but i think it works the same in lane.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #15848 on: February 04, 2017, 08:22:38 pm »

New warwick is fucking dank.

First game with him, 9/3, S-.

Shoes...

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15849 on: March 30, 2017, 10:06:13 am »

The Galio rework is live. His old ult is moved to the W, and is now a hold and release channel where the duration affects the radius of the taunt and his damage reduction. The Q is still aoe waveclear/poke, the E is a dash/knockup but doesn't go through terrain, and the new ult is a long range ally-targetted AoE knockup that also gives the ally a damage reduction buff - sort of like a combination of the Shen/Malphite ults. I've tried him in the jungle so far, seems strong but no-one understands the ult yet eg. during a siege team-mates saying "Ult them, Galio!" - I suppose you could still channel your W and flash into the enemy team, but he's going to work better as follow up engage onto a malphite, leona or wukong that initiates the fight.
 edit: he lost the old passive of gaining 1 ap for every 2 mr, instead he gets an AoE damage autoattack on an 8 second cooldown (4 second reduction every time you hit a new target with an ability, should be up most of the time in teamfights). He gets new MR scaling on the passive's damage and on the damage reduction from the W and ult. So the old Galio rune page with lots of MR still works.
 edit 2: he also gets a passive on the W, a health scaling magic shield that refreshes every 12 seconds. He still hates mages a lot.

Also there's the slumber party event - seems to be EUW and EUNE only, here's the salient points:
Every time you win a Normal Blind or Normal Draft game on Summoner’s Rift during the Slumber Party event with either Annie, Kog'Maw, Gnar, Alistar, Maokai, or Udyr, you’ll earn 100 points.
If you win as part of a premade group of any size you’ll earn an additional 100 points.
Additionally, everyone who earns at least 600 points during the event will win a Hextech Chest and Key
Looks like you have to click the enroll button for it to record your progress. Seems sketchy.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 10:30:26 am by baruk »

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15850 on: April 07, 2017, 04:20:14 am »

So, two new champions - an ad carry and a support that have some neat interactions if they're on the same team.
 Also, Party IP weekend for EUW and EUNE. 450% bonus IP for a group of 5 seems not bad - time to pop open the old client and try to find the "ip", "ip2" or "ip3" chat rooms. Edit: first game in a 5 man group was a 42 minute win and netted 634 ip (not including first win bonus).
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 06:05:16 am by baruk »

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #15851 on: April 20, 2017, 06:47:52 pm »

Not sure what this thread is exactly for but I started playing about 4 months ago.

If anyone wants an unranked (played 2/10 placement games so far) scrub that plays too much top lane and too much ARAM then PM your summoner and I'll add you.
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15852 on: April 21, 2017, 11:45:13 am »

Double IP weekend has started - it should be for all regions, it's for the release of Xayah and Rakan.

Not sure what this thread is exactly for but I started playing about 4 months ago.our summoner and I'll add you

All sorts of stuff, thread is pretty sleepy so I've just been adding the occasional news update which I hope people find useful.
 We have a google doc of players here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1851XQ1cVM0m6G1OrS_X2AqWUEvaz6WzEb7aAiwTz9M4/edit#gid=0
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 11:54:05 am by baruk »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15853 on: April 21, 2017, 09:58:12 pm »

Mostly it's for bitching about stuff.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #15854 on: April 21, 2017, 10:10:20 pm »

Mostly it's for bitching about stuff.  :P

i haven't been here in months dude
Pages: 1 ... 1055 1056 [1057] 1058 1059 ... 1067