Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1044 1045 [1046] 1047 1048 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1269720 times)

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
Re: League of Legends - Patch 5.1 - Open the Gates
« Reply #15675 on: June 18, 2016, 11:23:16 pm »

Also never thought the store would lie, but w/e.
I figure it's not the store lying, but more that they're commenting on what the champion was designed for, not what the meta finds favorable for them. It's perfectly believable to try designing a champion for support, and then have the meta determine that to be a bad idea just to how poorly they react in that environment.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15676 on: June 18, 2016, 11:40:08 pm »

I figure it's not the store lying, but more that they're commenting on what the champion was designed for, not what the meta finds favorable for them. It's perfectly believable to try designing a champion for support, and then have the meta determine that to be a bad idea just to how poorly they react in that environment.
A friend of mine goes out of my way to do wildly off meta stuff (I'm talking, as some examples "Support Lucian, Support Twitch, Support Sion" ) and manages to pull them off without a hitch, so my views about champion design are a bit dampened.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #15677 on: June 18, 2016, 11:53:05 pm »

In the case of Syndra, I'm pretty sure it's that they have to put 2 roles, and Syndra is literally only a mage, so they tacked on support because at the time she built the support mage item like everybody else.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15678 on: June 19, 2016, 09:31:46 am »

Well some champs can work well as supports under certain setups, and eventualy actualy get adjusted to fit that role. Lux initially was only a mage, and became a support later. There was also a time morgana was almost exclusively a mid lane mage, too, but that was a long ass time ago.

Support sion works because of a few shenaningas that koreans worked out, which makes him a pretty decent support. He's naturally tank, got hard CC thats comparable to taric's new stun, gets a big power spike in his earliest levels, high overall base damage on abilities and pretty big stats (meaning he cares less for items then many other heroes), and he happens to work really well with kalista, having a 3 hard cc combo thing with her ult.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #15679 on: June 19, 2016, 02:21:03 pm »

A friend of mine goes out of my way to do wildly off meta stuff (I'm talking, as some examples "Support Lucian, Support Twitch, Support Sion" ) and manages to pull them off without a hitch, so my views about champion design are a bit dampened.
I'd imagine they work better as support than syndra simply because they've got better ranged harass and more reliable abilities. Though, sion does work very well in support role, for reasons mentioned above. What I like to do, playing sion support, is max out my E first. The sheer amount of poke damage it does around mid-early game when it's maxed out is glorious, and I've had many a satisfying moment when someone at 33% health tries to TP under tower but then gets exploded by a minion I sent flying their way. The bonus damage got nerfed a bit lately, unfortunately, but it still does the job I figure.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #15680 on: June 19, 2016, 02:37:19 pm »

Just about every tank has rotated through support at this point. They throw out whatever piece of solid cc and soak up damage and that's about it. They're pretty much all interchangable at this point. Before Sion was Trundle, before Trundle was Naut, before Naut was...

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15681 on: June 19, 2016, 02:47:08 pm »

Bot naut and trundle are still effective support.
Hilariously enough, one of the tanks that was made to be a support thing, tahm kench, kinda pales in comparison in sheer usefulness. The whole 3 hit thing to do stuff really slows him down as a support. In teamfights the most he'll do is eat an ally to get them out of danger or eat one enemy once, and maybe teleport someone in/out... While trundle can massively debuff the enemy tank while getting strong himself, throw pillars around and bite people, and sion can do area denial, armor debuff with strong slow and damage, get extra tanky from shield and maybe pop it for extra aoe damage, if he dies he just pops back up and can tear shit apart if he's ignored, can stack health with his special passive so he gains free stats like tresh, etc.

Hell, support poppy is more useful then tahm atm.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15682 on: June 20, 2016, 02:04:26 pm »

Just about every tank has rotated through support at this point. They throw out whatever piece of solid cc and soak up damage and that's about it. They're pretty much all interchangable at this point. Before Sion was Trundle, before Trundle was Naut, before Naut was...
Same with mages, as far as "this deals damage and might have cc, therefore it might be a support" goes.

On that note, been trying Lux support since she's in rotation now. Seems pretty nice as a raw damage option, though how anyone can be so garbage at aiming a laser that wide is beyond me. Should probably try her mid, since that's basically what she ends up as anyway.

No, I've seen some champions with only one listed role.
The wiki rather ironically lists Annie as one of them. If I had to guess, she was either in vogue at the time or they figured her ability to move critters around was helpful and supportlike.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15683 on: June 20, 2016, 04:32:28 pm »

It's easy to miss (if you can't into combos) because there's a channel time and a lot of obvious cues, so anyone paying a bit of attention can sidestep relatively easily. It's why most R-only snipes you see are offscreen for whoever it is that gets killed.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15684 on: June 20, 2016, 05:15:55 pm »

The trick with lux's ult is, essentialy, NOT trying to aim her laser at all, just click on people as it it was some sort of targetted thing, unless you're trying to lead someone into it and they're not actualy watching you, ofc. It goes by so fast that most people won't have time to dodge it unless they have flash/zhonyas.

Also, brand support is p good, specially now with his mini rework. His base damage tends to be ok enough so that he doesnt really need that many items to do damage, and his ult is a teamfight wrecker, specially with his new passive.

Just had a game with illaoi top, and actualy beat the enemy mastery 6 garen thing, even when he had help from their midlaner. She's def strong atm, too bad my mid was too heavy, gee gee.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #15685 on: June 21, 2016, 10:32:54 am »

Illaoi's problem is that she has a very particular threat zone and that requires set up. If there's a couple tentacles around, then she's murder mode. Without one, she's worthless. The problem that comes from this is that while she can make a deathbox with a well placed ult, the enemies just have to run out of it and she's negated.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15686 on: June 21, 2016, 11:40:33 pm »

30/8/16 and 26/1/14 apparently aren't S-rank worthy for ADCs. Huh.

Bastus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15687 on: June 21, 2016, 11:44:09 pm »

Illaoi's problem is that she has a very particular threat zone and that requires set up. If there's a couple tentacles around, then she's murder mode. Without one, she's worthless. The problem that comes from this is that while she can make a deathbox with a well placed ult, the enemies just have to run out of it and she's negated.

This.
It's basically the same problem Heimerdinger always had. As long as you are kinda forced to approach them in their territory they are deadly champs, as soon as they have to roam they become kinda useless and it's better to let them stay on lane and force the enemies to react then try to actually play with them. And our tentacle lady has it even worse than Heimer, at least he can set up fast without ult, Illaoi is completely screwed if she is not in her lane or got her ultimate ready. She would have been great in Season 1 or 2, when the game was more focused around lane vs lane.

In other news, I started to main mid for the first time since Season 3 and I gotta admit it's way better then when I decided to leave the lane ( DFG was horrible) to go top. Only thing I kinda dislike is the bans for mid at the moment. You have to ban Swain and Vladimir or pick them, Malzahar is still contested after he got nerfed and Zed is running amok at the moment because QSS is dead. Problem is, I main Orianna and Cassiopeia and really only mind Swain out of all these options and would rather see fizz banned. But you really can not afford this only to get a favorable lane just to get stomped late.  :-[
It kinda feels like the tank meta from last season where 4 out of 6 bans were locked.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #15688 on: June 22, 2016, 07:07:35 am »

H... heimer also only has one ability reliant on his turrets. Even if he can't set up well, he's still got two other pretty alright abilities (decently long range nuke, ranged aoe stun) and 'is ult's effects on 'em. Least when I've played heimer there wasn't even really much in the way of problems of being able to help out the team fairly substantially even if I was just wandering into/down the lane sans turrets... dude can still function as a fairly non-negligible standard mage. And that was before or after the rework.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Bastus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15689 on: June 22, 2016, 08:14:06 am »

H... heimer also only has one ability reliant on his turrets. Even if he can't set up well, he's still got two other pretty alright abilities (decently long range nuke, ranged aoe stun) and 'is ult's effects on 'em. Least when I've played heimer there wasn't even really much in the way of problems of being able to help out the team fairly substantially even if I was just wandering into/down the lane sans turrets... dude can still function as a fairly non-negligible standard mage. And that was before or after the rework.

Don't get me wrong I don't think he is bad, but I tend to look at what makes champions strong and outside of pushing like a woman during childbirth and defending turrets there is nothing he really excels at. Yes, his damage is alright and he has a stun but he brings very few things to the table which would make me pick him over someone else. And you can barely play him top anyway at the moment as there are to many champions who are fairly strong at the moment who will crush them once they get some Magic Resist. And you said it yourself he can function as a normal mage, but why pick him if you are going to play him as a normal mage anyway you are better of with Viktor, Ahri, Vel'koz, etc..

At least that is my opinion, could be that I am kinda hard to him as I was really disappointed by his "rework".
Pages: 1 ... 1044 1045 [1046] 1047 1048 ... 1067