Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1043 1044 [1045] 1046 1047 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1269722 times)

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends - Patch 5.1 - Open the Gates
« Reply #15660 on: June 16, 2016, 10:14:11 am »

ARAM often depends too much on which heroes your team ends up with, tbh, which is why I never play it to win, more to just screw around, though I never actualy throw. There's also the chance you'll get a hero you don't own, which means you can't get boxes/keys (unless they changed it)
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #15661 on: June 16, 2016, 10:30:46 am »

Yeah, but there's a big difference between "oh shit, never played Urgot b4....sorry guys" and "la la la idgaf so imma play AD Veigar and spend most of the game posing and laughing".

I'm very understanding about the former. I report the latter.

EDIT: Just had a much better 2nd match as New Vlad. Itemization was never really tested, because we steamrolled them (in part because their Volibear and Lissandra were green as hell). I think the bigger difference was changes to my playstyle. First match, I got too wrapped up in the mechanics changes and kept focusing on trying to chain his Q and thus putting myself in bad positions. 2nd match, I relaxed and went back to my old hit-and-run style. I'm probably giving up top-end damage by not chaining that Q but making up for it in survivability. I do take the point on Rylai's being a premier item, and Gunblade (which is a sentimental favorite) being subpar now. Plus I see that I don't really do that much AA with Vlad unless I'm minion farming or hitting towers. I do think Liandry's is a solid item on him, because the new E has a slow component and it's quick to fire, and he can rattle off a string of Qs on a fleeing opponent.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 11:44:08 am by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #15662 on: June 16, 2016, 03:26:03 pm »

Riot, all is forgiven. You're giving out chests now in ARAM.

Just went 10/4/43 with Karma, got S- ranking, got chest. Happy days are here at last.
* iceball3 pops it open. Only a Garen champion shard lies within.
Yeah, ine had an Alistar shard. But still....now I have a use for those 11 keys I had built up. Plus, now having a really good individual showing actually means something. And there's finally a counterargument to assmunchers who screw around and then say "it's just ARAM". If you want to shit the bed, go find another bed.
Speaking of things, if you have a few exceptionally cheap champion shards at once, it may be prudent to Reroll them into a new champ rather than disenchant them, especially if you have most of the 1300 cost and down champs purchased, unless you have a shard for an expensive champ that you really want anyway. The reroll picks from a random champ you don't own yet, and gives you the entire champ rather than just another shard.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15663 on: June 16, 2016, 04:24:57 pm »

Ye, rerolling is often better then making essense out of it, at least for champions. With skins sometimes you get lucky and get a legacy skin or even a legendary, so saving skin essence can pay off, but champ essence isn't as important.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #15664 on: June 16, 2016, 04:29:20 pm »

Ye, rerolling is often better then making essense out of it, at least for champions. With skins sometimes you get lucky and get a legacy skin or even a legendary, so saving skin essence can pay off, but champ essence isn't as important.
Yeah. At the very least, waiting until you got something you want to disenchant would be a good idea, in case you happen across several very-low-value fragments in a row.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #15665 on: June 16, 2016, 07:52:53 pm »

Just got a Spirit Guard Udyr skin, but I never play Udyr (or even own him). Guess I'll hold onto it for the moment, but that's probably getting melted down. Too bad there's not a trade feature.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 09:52:06 am by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15666 on: June 16, 2016, 08:13:30 pm »

Keep it anyways. That skin is damned beautiful, even if it should have been his visual update.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15667 on: June 16, 2016, 11:08:56 pm »

Wondering what the point of getting champion shards is when you own all the champions. They can only be disenchanted to shards that work for... other champions.

Rito pls.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15668 on: June 16, 2016, 11:14:52 pm »

Wondering what the point of getting champion shards is when you own all the champions. They can only be disenchanted to shards that work for... other champions.

Rito pls.
Disenchant into essence to use with mastery tokens, or keep them as shards... to use with mastery tokens?

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15669 on: June 18, 2016, 04:57:25 pm »

Meh, essence. I just rerolled 3 champ shards of some really cheap champs and got... Illaoi? I don't really play top that much, but she just got buffed, so I'm ok with this :v
Also apparently support sion is super popular in asia, so I'm gonna try it.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15670 on: June 18, 2016, 05:32:23 pm »

Hm, any idea what Syndra and Ekko's lanes are? I'm considering buying either of the two.

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #15671 on: June 18, 2016, 05:46:56 pm »

Hm, any idea what Syndra and Ekko's lanes are? I'm considering buying either of the two.
Syndra is pretty much just a midlane mage, but Ekko can go top, mid, or jungle and can go either tank or AP.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15672 on: June 18, 2016, 05:51:31 pm »

Syndra is pretty much just a midlane mage, but Ekko can go top, mid, or jungle and can go either tank or AP.
Never heard of Ekko mid or JG, and Syndra is a secondary Support on the store page, but okay. I guess I'll get Ekko.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15673 on: June 18, 2016, 10:11:38 pm »

Never heard of Ekko mid or JG, and Syndra is a secondary Support on the store page, but okay. I guess I'll get Ekko.
Have you. Uh. Never seen Ekko played? Mid and JG are by far his main roles. He mostly only went top when Tankko was broken.

And the store pages are retarded. Syndra Support would probably get you reported for trolling if you weren't a top-tier Syndra and didn't organize a kill lane with your lane partner, since she's high skillcap to begin with even when you're playing her mid, and relies entirely on an unreliable (slightly less now that it's been updated) multi-ability combo for her only CC. Her setup in lane also tends to push even if she's actively not trying to CS, since her balls are AoE and setting them off to the side does nothing if you're trying to land the stun.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15674 on: June 18, 2016, 11:02:39 pm »

Have you. Uh. Never seen Ekko played? Mid and JG are by far his main roles. He mostly only went top when Tankko was broken.

And the store pages are retarded. Syndra Support would probably get you reported for trolling if you weren't a top-tier Syndra and didn't organize a kill lane with your lane partner, since she's high skillcap to begin with even when you're playing her mid, and relies entirely on an unreliable (slightly less now that it's been updated) multi-ability combo for her only CC. Her setup in lane also tends to push even if she's actively not trying to CS, since her balls are AoE and setting them off to the side does nothing if you're trying to land the stun.
Well, if top tier is only for a niche build, and I'm the worst jungler in the world, not a lot of reasons to get Ekko, huh? I could try off meta and take AP Ekko top, though. Also never thought the store would lie, but w/e. Thanks for the info.
Pages: 1 ... 1043 1044 [1045] 1046 1047 ... 1067