Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1042 1043 [1044] 1045 1046 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1269725 times)

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends - Patch 5.1 - Open the Gates
« Reply #15645 on: June 15, 2016, 01:18:14 pm »

So New Vlad is about as great as New Coke.

Thanks Riot for breaking my favorite skirmisher.
Huh, I thought he was pretty strong.  Then again, I've never played AS him only against him.  Also everyone I play has shit laning phases, so maybe that's it.
I'm still surprised there aren't more support veigars around, since the only time I've seen it is when its me.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15646 on: June 15, 2016, 01:24:37 pm »

Also pretty surprised about that, he's even better at nuking people then annie once he gets the ball rolling, and his AOE stun can be used every few seconds with some CDR. Past a certain point, being caught in his stun means certain death to anything that isn't a full tank and takes a full Q W R combo. I was playing a game some days ago and managed to nick an Azir with my W, it chunked him for more then half his health bar.

Anyway, new vlad is pretty good actualy, specially now with the new protobelt thing. His Q hits harder then ever, too, and a fully charged E is pretty scary.

I kinda feel like playing tryndamere again, solely because he's pretty good in solo queue, since most of the time people in solo queue can't deal with splitpushing. You don't even actualy fight people as tryndamere nowadays (pretty much everyone can kite you to hell and back), you just split push and only fight when people actualy try to come and stop you.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 01:26:22 pm by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #15647 on: June 15, 2016, 01:48:54 pm »

His Q hits harder if you can chain it and get that 3rd Q in. In the couple of seconds that it gives you after casting the 2nd time. Which means you have to hang around in the danger zone longer. Maybe it's just my playstyle, but I always used Vlad as a hit-and-run guy. He's too fragile to hang around in close proximity too long.

*Note: I also play almost exclusively ARAM. Hanging around longer vs 1 or 2 might not be that tough. Hanging around vs. 5 is a death sentence.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15648 on: June 15, 2016, 02:18:05 pm »

Apparently Jhin in the top lane can hold his own pretty well. Gotta love % HP damage.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #15649 on: June 15, 2016, 03:18:39 pm »

His Q hits harder if you can chain it and get that 3rd Q in. In the couple of seconds that it gives you after casting the 2nd time. Which means you have to hang around in the danger zone longer. Maybe it's just my playstyle, but I always used Vlad as a hit-and-run guy. He's too fragile to hang around in close proximity too long.

*Note: I also play almost exclusively ARAM. Hanging around longer vs 1 or 2 might not be that tough. Hanging around vs. 5 is a death sentence.
He's is too fragile
I'm sorry, what? Is healing for 800 every 4 or 5 seconds not tanky enough for you? Is pressing R then 2 and healing for 1700+ not good enough? Off all the things to describe current Vlad as, fragile? What the hell are you building on him that has him ending up as anything but an unkillable titan?

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #15650 on: June 15, 2016, 04:16:51 pm »

He's is too fragile
I'm sorry, what? Is healing for 800 every 4 or 5 seconds not tanky enough for you? Is pressing R then 2 and healing for 1700+ not good enough? Off all the things to describe current Vlad as, fragile? What the hell are you building on him that has him ending up as anything but an unkillable titan?
Have you played him since the rework? I'm not sure if it's the changed scaling ratio of his passive, or maybe changes to the item build I had, but the magic is not there anymore. I had an item build all about sustain and health/AP, and I was getting wrecked like I was made of paper.

Finished item build was:
Ionian Boots
Spirit Visage (better heals + more health)
Hextech Gunblade (so AA and spells both grant sustain)
Liandry's Torment (more AP, more health)
Void Staff

And then depending on the opposition:

Abyssal Scepter (if high MR and/or mostly AP dealers)
Rylai's (if they're too fast to chase down regularly)
Rabadon's (everything else)

It's a build that served me fantastically up until the rework.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15651 on: June 15, 2016, 04:31:21 pm »

Gunblade is a waste on him, he doesnt need sustain from items anymore, his kit has it built into his reworked Q and R. Build a protobelt or a rylai instead. Not building rylai on vlad is a waste, as the item passive is too powerful to ignore and it gives everything vlad could possibly want.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #15652 on: June 15, 2016, 04:33:51 pm »

Yeah so you're just building horribly, not gonna sugar coat it. Have a look at this video if you think Vlad is anything but harder to kill than before.

Going down your items, Hextech is really bad. You don't need spell vamp anymore, and the stats on it are garbage.  Liandry's doesn't do enough without Rylais, you should never buy it before, and many games at all. Rylais and Hourglass are absolute musts, the former because it's stats are incredible and the passive let's you actually do stuff, and the latter for the great stats and the best active in the game which you can combo with R to gurantee massive heals.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #15653 on: June 15, 2016, 07:29:35 pm »

That, and if you want to be tanky, throwing resistances of some sort in there are a must. Flat health stacking with only one resistance item still makes you melt apart very quickly under sustained attacks, and especially for stuff that scales with max hp.
Also, your healing is much less effective for you if the entirety of your tankiness comes from HP alone. Replacing the hextech gunblade with something like a Z'rot portal or a Randuin's Omen (or just about any other armor item, I.E. hourglass) would do loads more good for you anyway.
Have you played him since the rework? I'm not sure if it's the changed scaling ratio of his passive, or maybe changes to the item build I had, but the magic is not there anymore. I had an item build all about sustain and health/AP, and I was getting wrecked like I was made of paper.

Finished item build was:
Ionian Boots
Spirit Visage (better heals + more health)
Hextech Gunblade (so AA and spells both grant sustain)
Liandry's Torment (more AP, more health)
Void Staff

And then depending on the opposition:

Abyssal Scepter (if high MR and/or mostly AP dealers)
Rylai's (if they're too fast to chase down regularly)
Rabadon's (everything else)

It's a build that served me fantastically up until the rework.
Actually, wouldn't it still have been better to build Will of the Ancients (now removed, but at the same time as the rework came through) than the gunblade on Vlad, before the rework?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 07:31:41 pm by iceball3 »

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #15654 on: June 15, 2016, 08:23:34 pm »

I think the pro strat pre rework was to build the revolver and not upgrade it for as long as possible. You gained so little for it and gold was better spent on raw stats. That part of vlad hasn't changed, he is still a stat whore because he double dips on hp and ap.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15655 on: June 15, 2016, 09:12:25 pm »

So as long as we're on the topic, what is the ideal build web on Vlad? I've had mixed success with him mid lately.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #15656 on: June 15, 2016, 09:52:14 pm »

Spirit Visage first if against AP, otherwise Rylais, then the other, then boots. I prefer Ionians but swifties are equally valid. Next hourglass, pretty much always. From there depends heavily on the game. Options include abyssal, rabadons, liandrys, warmogs, void staff. I saw Trinity Force once but that was a really weird game. I think I was Quinn and we lost it when he got a crit on our Vayne.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #15657 on: June 15, 2016, 11:32:23 pm »

Riot, all is forgiven. You're giving out chests now in ARAM.

Just went 10/4/43 with Karma, got S- ranking, got chest. Happy days are here at last.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #15658 on: June 16, 2016, 05:48:24 am »

Just went 10/4/43 with Karma, got S- ranking, got chest. Happy days are here at last.
* iceball3 pops it open. Only a Garen champion shard lies within.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #15659 on: June 16, 2016, 09:58:14 am »

* iceball3 pops it open. Only a Garen champion shard lies within.
Yeah, ine had an Alistar shard. But still....now I have a use for those 11 keys I had built up. Plus, now having a really good individual showing actually means something. And there's finally a counterargument to assmunchers who screw around and then say "it's just ARAM". If you want to shit the bed, go find another bed.

Pages: 1 ... 1042 1043 [1044] 1045 1046 ... 1067