Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1021 1022 [1023] 1024 1025 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1269796 times)

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends - Patch 5.1 - Open the Gates
« Reply #15330 on: January 03, 2016, 02:31:03 pm »

Protip: Just kill him. His Q is the entirety of his burst. You're sitting there taking his full dps pretty much constantly. He's squishy as fuck, and after he presses Q, there is nothing he can do to increase his rate of damage.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15331 on: January 03, 2016, 03:06:22 pm »

Protip: Just kill him. His Q is the entirety of his burst. You're sitting there taking his full dps pretty much constantly. He's squishy as fuck, and after he presses Q, there is nothing he can do to increase his rate of damage.

i tried to do it several times but he just got me below half health when i got close to him (i was playing with Sion). i didnt really lost the lane but it was tough to keep farm. usually required the jungler to get rid of that demon so i could clear and advance.

yeah i know you just go and kill him but i couldnt do it since he was both doing damage with habilities and with autoattacks. also, he knew when to land the Q so if i tried to get him in place he would have won the trades. usually the only way to kill him was distracting him with the R while the jungler went from the other side.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #15332 on: January 03, 2016, 05:48:52 pm »

Don't pick assassins against them. Pick slightly tankier sustained damage. Have your marksman build Sterak's Gage early and be amazed when they stop dying and can murder everything.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15333 on: January 03, 2016, 05:53:03 pm »

it depends. if you have some good warriors or juggernauts you can get rid of them, it doesnt come bad to have some defense items. but in general, even when having full tank items these guys vomit large amounts of damage.

malphite specially, i mean, come on. you shouldnt one shot a midlaner/adc just by pressing R. at least not if you are built as a full damagae soaking sponge.

volibear is another insult to injury. the fucker is capable of tanking 1v5 and at least take 3 of them with him. you gotta be kidding me.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15334 on: January 03, 2016, 06:06:37 pm »

and lets not forget Cho'gath. he can be slow as fuck but one Q+W and you have lost 3/4 of your health. and then you are prey to true damage from ult. while he only got barely scratched.

he needs a relaunch anyways, his kit is unique but a little bit odd and visually speaking its time to get a new model.

EDIT:

in fact, Cho is so good at tanking and sustaining damage that you can even go full AD and still kick ass just by having E activated. he's one of the most flexible champs in the game.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 06:11:57 pm by xaritscin »

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #15335 on: January 09, 2016, 02:06:46 pm »

I don't know if the planets aligned or what, but recently I've actually had FUN playing this game.  Wow.
I mean, they weren't ranked games because come on, it's only space radiation, not the infinite power of Christ.  Saving up IP for Fizz because I already have cancer from watching Filthy Frank so it's not like you can get double cancer or something.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15336 on: January 09, 2016, 04:34:25 pm »

So, Kindred. Jungle ADC. I love the idea. I'm not good with the ADC role, and her skills don't scale particularly effectively with attack damage. Building attack speed would make more sense, given her hunts, but. I dunno, I'm a little lost on her. Any tips on play or itemization?

I love Kindred, usually I focus on getting a BOTRK, build along the same lines as Vayne. One of the Statik Shiv variants can be pretty nice as well, for some more damage. The main thing about Kindred is that you have to focus on those hunts. If there is an enemy who is terrible, take advantage, kill them repeatedly. Get the enemy camps, make sure to ward. That'll give you crazy damage in the late game.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15337 on: January 09, 2016, 04:45:36 pm »

surprised to see pantheon in a good spot this season i think. most of my top lane gameplays with the baker have been almost succesfull against many times of enemies. many people talk about him falling off in late game but usually the match doesnt go further than 30 minutes.

as for the new champ, well, i'll see what has to show. for now i spent my IP on Talon (he plays like a true ninja :P)

tried to play some poppy the other day. she feels a little off, i mean, i kinda miss the burst potential she had, she doesnt seem to do much damage with her kit, like if rito wanted to focus players into make her a full tank. i cant get that over my head, i want to use her oldschool, but the kit doesnt help it.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15338 on: January 09, 2016, 06:00:45 pm »

So, Kindred. Jungle ADC. I love the idea. I'm not good with the ADC role, and her skills don't scale particularly effectively with attack damage. Building attack speed would make more sense, given her hunts, but. I dunno, I'm a little lost on her. Any tips on play or itemization?
BotRK is core. Everything else is situational; I've done very well with various combinations of Black Cleaver, Runaan's, Trinity Force, Bloodthister, Maw, and whichever of the Last Whisper items is more appropriate. Devourer is pretty strictly better than Warrior, but the latter isn't completely useless. Of those non-BotRK items, I'd say that Black Cleaver is pretty close to core as well--she's less a pure ADC and more a duelist and as such the additional bit of beefiness is nice, the CDR is absolutely vital for playmaking, and with her W+Q+AAs the stacks are applied very quickly.

If you're fed, BotRK + Devourer + BC + Runaan's melts whole teams, and it's especially effective against the tank/bruiser meta. If you finish that with your boots and whichever LW is more appropriate you are pretty much death to tanks. If they're mostly squishy, finishing with a BT or Maw gives you the extra oomph to kill them before they kill you. TF is not particularly optimal, but if you're fed and they suck it makes for amusing burst when your W field is up, since the Q cooldown synchronizes pretty much perfectly with the spellblade.

But honestly as long as you have stacked Devourer, BotRK, and don't suck, you can melt anything.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15339 on: January 10, 2016, 12:17:36 am »

hmmmm played another match with poppy, she seems to be on good terms if you get a titanic hydra and get resistances. the E+Q combo along with sheen procs from a trinity or iceborb gauntlet seem to be enough to deal pain to the enemy. and she gets enough resistance to enter onto the fray without much issues (specially if you keep the corrupting potion during most of the match, it comes very handy for teamfights)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15340 on: January 10, 2016, 09:16:56 am »

So I watched the new champ teaser.

Then I listened to the new season theme.

*sigh*

Reinstalling the game again, hope you're happy Riot, you fucking crack pushers :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15341 on: January 13, 2016, 08:04:41 pm »

new champion and rework along with new patch. this was quite the week.

for those that havent checked:

- new champion Jhin The Virtuoso, its basically the other end of the Marksman class, instead of focusing on DPS he focuses in slow and counted amounts of massive damage against his enemies, kinda like Graves, but with more deadly results, o he is also an artist that focuses around the beauty of death (you have seen the teasers i guess).

- Shen's rework, his passive now gives him a shield, he now has some kind of spirit blade mechanic, along with an AoE dodge for allies, it keeps his taunt and R though, and it also received a visual treatment too, and will get more voiceover it seems.

-patch 6.1 comes tomorrow (january 14). along with the new champion selection system for NA and TR servers.

-the PBE will be housing the new Hextech Crafting system that was mentioned past year.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 08:13:08 pm by xaritscin »

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15342 on: January 13, 2016, 09:19:01 pm »

Jhin is I think what Cait was supposed to be but they didn't have the balls to make her that way way back when she came out. He seems interesting, but honestly, the way they teased him probably built my expectations a bit too much so I'm kinda dissappointed with how he turned out :/

Shen is, dunno, will have to play him to see, but his new models look pretty nice too.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #15343 on: January 13, 2016, 10:14:57 pm »

Jhin is an experiment in how many passives they can give a champion before players finally get fed up.

Shen is interesting. They kept his old E and R, and put an Orianna-esque mechanic with his Q and W. His Q moves his ball to him and does stuff if it bonks enemy champs while it flies to him, his W makes a huge aoe dodge around his ball.

Darkond2100

• Bay Watcher
  • Intrepid Groundhog
    • View Profile
« Reply #15344 on: January 14, 2016, 03:57:53 pm »

experiment in how many passives they can give a champion
I occasionally work at the Riot HQ in Santa Monica. That sounds like a fantastic idea, I'll pass it on.
your hoard, your dwarves, and your fortress.
I prefer Hoard, Horde, and Hovel...
Pages: 1 ... 1021 1022 [1023] 1024 1025 ... 1067