Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1018 1019 [1020] 1021 1022 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1269888 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends - Patch 5.1 - Open the Gates
« Reply #15285 on: November 13, 2015, 08:23:19 am »

That's the thing, Varus only got a tweak to his ult, and a lot of the itemization changes don't really effect him much.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15286 on: November 13, 2015, 08:38:39 am »

Apparently Yi is AP on-hit now. Sated into Rageblade, then Gunblade > Nashor's into more AP. It's bizarre, but it does an almost unreasonable amount of damage. I just don't know anymore.

So I gave this a try. While the match might've been skewed a bit in our favour since we had Garen but it kinda worked. Mind you, I never managed to finish Nashor so it might've gotten crazy scary at that point but I think it has potential.

Tho it feels like a gimmicky way of playing him, could be a nice way to go against folks who stack armour when they see Yi but I'll have to play it a bit more to really give a proper verdict.

It's mostly the Gunblade, it doesn't feel like that good of a purchase before Rageblade. Maybe just pick up Cutlass for the sustain and then rush Rageblade for the damage spike.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15287 on: November 13, 2015, 09:27:41 am »

Yeah, that build is less "AP on-hit Yi" and more "Guinsoo's Yi".

Just got an Udyr game in, and I gotta say, I really love the new sweeper and jungle items. That early MP regen is wonderful, the new sweeper is excellent, and you can combo it with the new upgrade for maximum vision game. It was full of unranked players and people like me who were in silver two seasons ago, and both the "wards placed" and "wards destroyed" stats were through the roof compared to what I normally see.

3. Run Resize Enable

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15288 on: November 13, 2015, 09:31:56 am »

Another thing tho, they said they made the jungle easier, but I'm not seeing it tbh. I've never had to back after 2 camps as Yi, yet so far I've had to do it both times I've played it, machete or talisman doesn't make much of a difference it seems.

I wanna try going krugs to red first but I'm not sure how my mana will take that, even with the talisman regen.
AS - IG

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15289 on: November 13, 2015, 09:47:20 am »

Did you W right after doing the buff? Another alternative is to regen while you go kill the scuttlecrab. Sustain's also much less problematic once you back and pick up your upgraded refilling potion--that fucker never runs out of charges. Also, if you're not, run the lifesteal mastery instead of the level-scaling AD/AP.

Honestly though, if you're having trouble with krugs -> red as an AS-based champion, either you got a really shitty leash, something is wonky in your runes/masteries, or both.

3. Run Resize Enable

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #15290 on: November 13, 2015, 12:34:29 pm »

Machete is better than Talismen on basically anybody who wants to right click stuff.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15291 on: November 13, 2015, 12:44:16 pm »

Blatantly false. Case in point has already been mentioned: Udyr. With that MP regen I can get through early clears with very low damage taken because of how frequently that allows me to rotate through turtle stance. Machete is better than Tali if you're something like Yi or Xin Zhao.

3. Run Resize Enable

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #15292 on: November 13, 2015, 01:05:07 pm »

Have you considered having your path start blue buff? More than enough mana.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15293 on: November 13, 2015, 01:41:27 pm »

If that means starting top side jungle? No. It's idiotic to try to trust a random in soloqueue to double-jungle, and you get a much better leash starting bottom side. And, again, if I'm playing a champion and/or setup that doesn't need the sustain on the first two clears... why would I take Machete? In this case specifically, Talisman also speeds up your clears, because you have sufficient mana to double-tap the burst on Phoenix.

3. Run Resize Enable

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #15294 on: November 13, 2015, 02:08:00 pm »

I just tried it in a custom. I forgot how much mana regen old machete gave. Ran out of mana by end of third camp starting red side. Huh.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15295 on: November 13, 2015, 03:17:21 pm »

Yeah, it's the sort of thing where you don't think you'll notice the difference, but you really do in practice. e: And it's nice to finally have a sane starting option for caster/tank junglers whose autoattacks do peanut damage.

By the by, who else has already had matches with people who forgot to redo their masteries?  :P

3. Run Resize Enable

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15296 on: November 13, 2015, 03:21:03 pm »

Every single one I've had so far had atleast one person, usually more tho, who forgot that, despite the prompt they've put in when you log in.

Also, anyone else expirience shitty servers lately? EUNE is horrible with atleast one person, usually more too, frequently desconnecting and having lagspikes at the worst of times.
AS - IG

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #15297 on: November 13, 2015, 03:52:35 pm »

Yeah, it's the sort of thing where you don't think you'll notice the difference, but you really do in practice. e: And it's nice to finally have a sane starting option for caster/tank junglers whose autoattacks do peanut damage.

By the by, who else has already had matches with people who forgot to redo their masteries?  :P
The sad thing? I went 5-1 before I redid mine. I've gone 1-3 since.

I think the problem is that I'm changing my playstyle to try and maximize the effectiveness of my masteries, instead of the other way around.

EDIT: AP Miss Fortune is a dead duck now. Thanks Ritobama!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 04:24:28 pm by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15298 on: November 13, 2015, 07:01:04 pm »

On the one hand, I'm really excited for the ADC rework.

On the other hand, I'm never going to get to play ADC again because it seems like ADC is the new mid-lane as far as ranked champ-select goes. :( New champ-select, please come. Quickly.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15299 on: November 13, 2015, 07:59:16 pm »

You can always do something like Quinn top/mid or AD Kog'Maw mid. I mean, I wouldn't pick that into every lane, but some it definitely works for.

New Quinn is pretty damned good as long as you don't get hard countered by something like Trynd that can live through your burst and kill you. Double Harrier procs in lane makes for insane trading, especially because your E usually means they can't try to trade back if they're melee.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 09:31:30 pm by Flying Dice »

3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 1018 1019 [1020] 1021 1022 ... 1067