Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1015 1016 [1017] 1018 1019 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1269961 times)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends - Patch 5.1 - Open the Gates
« Reply #15240 on: October 18, 2015, 10:23:20 pm »

Sucks to lose someone that you worked well with. :(

I'm in the same boat as debvon, I hate playing with people I know because most of them (with a handful of exceptions) are salty as shit, caught up in "no, Gold is different!" syndrome, and I can't get away with muting them or trolling them.

Gold is different. Once I get to Gold, I get that awesome Sivir skin :(
I started this season in Bronze 4 (thanks internet for going out during my placements), and am now in Silver I. So close :/
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15241 on: October 18, 2015, 10:49:10 pm »

I hated playing ranked against Golds so much that I quit when I was about to enter my promos out of Silver 1 back in season... 3? I think? And I never played ranked again. 65% WR and literally every single loss was because at least one person on my team AFKed, ragequit, intentionally fed or trolled, or was too busy flaming to play the game. I'd guesstimate that around 80% of my wins were because it happened to the other team instead (or they had more/worse shit players than we did). I've never hating playing a game as much as I hated playing ranked in LoL, and I spent years playing Halo 2 and 3 on XBL. :x

But, uh. Yeah. Good luck on getting the skin.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Stuebi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15242 on: October 18, 2015, 10:57:41 pm »

I actually heard that a lot, that people cant play with their mates because it adds pressure to the game. The thing is, I never had that with the guy. If you have a bad game, you have a bad game. There's no point in being salty about it. I mean, naturally I have a certain expectation for my DuoQ Partner to at least give his best. I think I'd be a little mad too, if my buddy throws the game on purpose. But if it's just regular old "I'm having a bad game." then I dont mind at all. I'm in no position to really. You dont wanna know they kind of Newbie-Moron Stunts I have pulled in my career. I had matches where I fed first Blood while invading as my jungler, on minute 3. Followed by dying again while invading, followed by one of those infamous 0/5 "What am I even doing" streaks.

That might just be my attitude tough. I cant get mad at friends or partners wile in Skype. It's rude for one thing, and hyper awkward as well. It's fine yelling at randoms together, but not at each other.

Also about "Gold is different". No, it is not. It's the same rage-inducing, Toxic Cesspool as every other league. Nobody buys wards, blames everyone but themselves for loosing, and is filled to burst with afk'ers and Leavers.
English isnt my mother language, so feel free to correct me if I make a mistake in my post.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #15243 on: October 19, 2015, 09:38:02 am »

I'd offer to play with you, but I'm Silver 5 and that's only because I placed in Silver 5 and then never played again. I prefer ARAM or "Silly Mode of the Month" because of the lack of pressure. Note, not the lack of toxicity, just that it's easier to blow off toxicity when none of it really matters.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15244 on: October 19, 2015, 05:12:11 pm »

I played like five games of ranked back when the season started. After that I just decided I didn't care enough and played normals the rest of the time.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15245 on: October 20, 2015, 03:41:47 am »

Garen vs Karma, All for One mode.

That was a cancerous hour long game. Our team eventually pulled through, if only barely.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #15246 on: October 20, 2015, 07:54:27 am »

So much sustain and damage mitigation from everyone...

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #15247 on: October 21, 2015, 12:13:38 am »

5 Vel'koz vs. 5 Lux.

You get a laser, and *you* get a laser...everybody gets a laser!

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #15249 on: October 23, 2015, 04:45:12 pm »

http://ask.fm/RiotLyte/answer/133428062402

sandbox mode: definitely increases toxicity, like we're very sure about that

showing your MMR publicly: NO PROOF

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15250 on: October 23, 2015, 05:36:31 pm »

To be honest the borders didn't really change much. Most of the people who cared enough to flame were already using LoLNexus or something similar to justify their negative behavior, scatter blame around like feces, and make pre-emptive gloomy predictions, at least in my experience.

Also, OFA? Nocturne's not bad.

3. Run Resize Enable

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15251 on: October 23, 2015, 10:47:49 pm »

sandbox mode: definitely increases toxicity, like we're very sure about that
Whassat?

Also, OFA? Nocturne's not bad.
Report entire team feeding plz.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15252 on: October 23, 2015, 11:19:53 pm »

There's been people asking for a sandbox mode to test builds, practice, &c. without having to start at normal level 1 + starting gold and spend thirty minutes farming in a custom.

3. Run Resize Enable

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #15253 on: October 24, 2015, 01:47:25 am »

yeah, it's something approximately every other game that has ever taken itself seriously as a competitive game in the slightest has had

it's this genre's equivalent of a fighting game's training mode or practicing free throws in basketball or w/e

riot says no because they think that it creates an unreasonable onus on an individual player to practice flash distances or w/e in sandbox mode, increasing Toxicity

because "fucking retard noob" is much better than "yo you should practice that more"?

like i'm still trying to wrap my head around their argument there, i can't think of a single way to say "you should go into sandbox mode to practice that" that is More Toxic than what people normally say, because at least the sandbox mode thing is constructive advice goddamn

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15254 on: October 24, 2015, 03:58:42 am »

Psst. The real reason is that they can't sell it or boost player volume with it.

3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 1015 1016 [1017] 1018 1019 ... 1067